0 1 5

Back To 1953

Yixing gently pressed the humid towel on Sehun’s forehead. They was at the moment hidden in the basement, the place were the first meeting had taken place, since Sehun didn’t want to be placed in his dorm. It wasn’t, apparently, safe enough.

Yixing had wrapped in Sehun’s wounds with bandage while the hurt boy was sleeping. At first he had been having bad dreams but he was at the moment sleeping calmly. Maybe it was because of the absence of pain.

Luhan leaned against the wall, he had been watching Yixing all the time. He wanted to help but didn’t know what to do. The other nine boys were in the bigger room and loudly discussing something Luhan couldn’t hear.

“He’s exhausted” Yixing stood up and looked at Luhan. “He will be fine after a couple of days rest”

Luhan’s eyes were glued into the ground. He felt guilty, as if it was his fault that Sehun now was hurt. “If we had been a little earlier, if we hadn’t sneaked on you, if I hadn’t cared about the dreams, if I did as you told me and didn’t stick my nose into stuff, if I had let you protect me…”

Yixing walked to Luhan and placed his hand on Luhan’s cheek. He lifted the baby-faced boys head so he could look into Luhan’s eyes. “It would still happen. Things happen for a reason. We can’t change the past, definitely our past. I’ve been trying for sixty years but I failed each time”

Luhan wanted to ask what Yixing had been trying to do for sixty years but he knew better than that. Instead, he nodded and walked towards Sehun. He was sleeping peacefully now.

It hurt in Yixing’s chest when Luhan took Sehun’s hand and held it in his own. But he knew that Luhan had never been his and he never would be. Even though he wanted that to happen.

~*~*~

Yixing and Luhan let Sehun rest alone in the small room and entered the bigger room were the other nine were.

They were standing around Baekhyun, who was sitting behind a computer. As soon as they heard the door close, their heads turned to Yixing and Luhan.

Jongin walked towards them and grabbed Yixing in his collar. His eyes was filled with anger. Yixing swallowed in nervousness.

“How do you explain this?” Jongin growled between his teeth.

“Let him go!” Luhan yelled and pushed Jongin away. Yixing looked at Luhan and mimicked a ‘thanks’ to him. Luhan smiled in reply.

“Stay out of this Luhan” Baekhyun looked at Jongin “And for the sake of all of us, calm down Jongin. This doesn’t lead us anywhere. Let him explain first”

Yixing walked toward Baekhyun and the computer-screen with Luhan following him. Baekhyun changed pictures frequently; starting from Minseok and he stopped change pictures when it showed Yixing’s grave.

Yixing’s eyes widened. “W-Where did you find the graves?”

“In the forest” Baekhyun looked at Yixing. “Who are you? Why doesn’t our grave have a month and a year like the rest of us? Are we dead while you’re alive?”

Yixing turned around to face Luhan. “In order to protect. I’m doing this, every tenth year. I’m making sure to keep you out of danger. But I fail… every year” he said and left the basement.

Shocked and not sure what to do. Luhan took two steps back and watched Yixing leave.

~*~*~

Yixing closed the door to the dormitory and sighed. He wanted to explain everything to them, but he needed time. He also needed to know everything Sehun knew before he could explain.

“It must be hard to be seen as the bad guy when you’re the one saving them every single time” a deep and familiar voice said behind Yixing’s back.

Yixing turned around and saw seven shadows standing next to the door. He knew that he should be scared of them, but he had faced them so many times before now. “Oh, it’s you”

He knew that it was they who had hurt Sehun and that it was because of them it all happened. He also knew that they were the only ones who could stop this.

“How is Oh Se Hun?” the tallest one said.

“He’s good, the wounds will heal. He’s asleep and he will be resting for a couple of days” Yixing didn’t know who to look at while he was speaking.

“Oh… we had Sehun to deliver a message to you for tomorrow. But since he won’t be waking up until then, it will be a pleasant surprise for you. He will deliver another message as well” the shortest one said. “You should go to school tomorrow, all of you, like always”

Yixing nodded. “I’ll inform them about it” he said and turned his back to them.

~*~*~

“I don’t trust him for a cent!” Jongin said and pointed at the computer-screen “This is the proof. He must’ve killed us all. He kidnapped Sehun and he planned on killing Luhan as well”

Joonmyeon shook his head. “Calm down. This doesn’t sound logical at all. Why would he try to help Sehun if he kidnapped him for the first time? And why didn’t he kill Luhan while he was alone with him? No, I think that Yixing is on our side. There’s something bigger out there, something we can’t control. And we need Yixing to find out what it is, and make sure that the history from 1953 won’t repeat”

Luhan didn’t listen to the conversation the other said. He had been looking at each and every grave once more. He tried to find an answer but nothing but question came to his mind. Why was there a stone for Yixing if he never died?

“We have to dig up the graves and take a look inside them” Luhan exclaimed.

Everyone turned quiet and looked at Luhan.

“Have you gone nuts? Are you out of your mind?” Chanyeol asked.

Luhan shook his head, he knew what they had to do. “Tomorrow, right after school. Who’s with me?”

No answer.

“Well… me and Kyungsoo are planning on meeting the man I spoke to at the supermarket tomorrow.” Jongin finally made an excuse, which was an agreed excuse in Luhan’s mind.

Luhan looked pleading at Minseok, who nodded. “I can go with you”

~*~*~

As Yixing had told them over phone the previous night, they all except for Sehun went to school the following morning. They were tired because of the lack of sleep they had experienced.

“Is Oh Sehun absence today?” the math-teacher asked, pointing at Sehun’s place next to Luhan with his pencil.

“Yes, he’s not feeling well” Luhan lied and smiled towards Yixing.

Yixing did thumbs up to Luhan. Yixing and Luhan were the two students the teachers had the most trust in.

“Okay. Let’s continue” the teacher opened the door and a male in their age steped inside. “Let me introduce your new transfer-student”

Yixing’s eyes widened as he saw him. He recognized him very well.

It really was him.

The history was about to repeat for real this time