0 1 7

Back To 1953

Kyungsoo finished the packing of the things Taemin had bought at the supermarket and walked to the living room, where the old man and Jongin were sitting in a couch together.

“Kyungsoo! Sit down and I’ll tell you a story of 1953” Taemin waved at Kyungsoo, who sat down next to Jongin.

Taemin took a sip from the glass of water Jongin had brought him.

“I only know what you, Jongin, told me during the evenings. Because of the way, there were many students at the school and we all had to share rooms. I shared room with Jongin and I’m not sure about the rest but I think that Kyungsoo shared room with Jongdae. Luhan with Sehun, those are all I remember.” Taemin took a pause to think if there were any more people he remembered but later shook on his head.

“There were seven boys, who died in an explosion” Taemin took another sip from his glass of water. “But Jongin always told me that they didn’t die. That they cursed the eleven friends of Jongin”

“What were the names of the seven boys?” Jongin leaned forwards so he could look at Taemin’s face.

“Kim… Kim…” Taemin did his best to remember the name of each and every name of the seven boys, Jongin could tell. “They were in the chemistry-lab together with Jongdae, that’s when they died. One of them were the son of out English-teacher” he continued to speak so he could eventually wake his memory up. But he failed.

Jongin didn’t blame him though, it was sixty years ago and this man was getting really old.

A tear fell from Taemin’s cheek as his eyes met Jongin’s. “Is Henry Lau still with you?”

~*~*~

Seven dark shadows were collected around the table to the small cottage where they had kept Sehun hidden.

“Oh Sehun will be alive” One of them said to the leader, who took notes on what was being said on their meeting. “He’s still sleeping but once he’s awake he’ll deliver our message. They’re hiding him somewhere. We don’t know where”

The leader nodded. “We’ll continue to look for him. How about Henry Lau?”

“He’s installed into his new position. Yixing’s is not happy about it. Luhan doesn’t know anything yet.” Another shadow said.

“Our biggest problem will be if Yixing tells them everything in a close future” the leader said. “But he doesn’t know that the rules has changed; the target isn’t Luhan any longer”

~*~*~

Luhan sat down next to the bed where Sehun was lying. His wounds had healed, almost perfectly, over the night and his breaths was now regular. It was a wonder to Luhan that it all happened so fast. Yixing would be an amazing doctor, he thought.

“Sehun…” Luhan’s voice was shaking. He was scared of what he had found today and what he would possibly find in the future. But he was most of all scared that he would lose Sehun. “Come back to me, I need you.”

Luhan walked to the small kitchen-square. He had once been very active in the student council and was the one who had made sure that the group-room got a small kitchen. It was now very useful.

While Luhan was away, Sehun’s eyelids began to move and his eyes were shoot wide open.

“Luhan…” Sehun sat up and touched the back of his head. He looked around in confusion. “Where am I?”

Luhan turned around and saw Sehun sitting straight up into the bed. “Sehun! Are you okay?”

He hurried back to the chair and grabbed Sehun’s hand. Sehun nodded weakly.

“I think I am at least” his expression went from blur to awaken in seconds. “Where is Yixing?”

Luhan shrugged with his shoulders. He hadn’t seen Yixing since class ended and Yixing had walked somewhere with Kris. “Somewhere in the school or dormitory I guess”

Sehun nodded, he looked at the glass of water Luhan had in his hands. “I have to speak to him. Can you text him?”

Luhan nodded and picked up his phone from the pocked on his school-uniform.

~*~*~

“Henry” Jongin’s eyes widened. “Is he a part of all this as well?”

Taemin nodded. “He was the kind of person who was sitting in the back of the classroom. Always trying to keep himself outside the center of attention. When it comes to all this, he was an outsider just like me. But he somehow began to cooperate with Yixing and began to play an important role.”

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, who nodded. “Henry came to our class today” Jongin whispered.

Taemin froze. “It’s best that you leave now. But, promise me to protect Luhan. Don’t ever let Henry get close to Luhan, okay?”

~*

~*~

“I don’t understand, he seems to be a nice kid” Kris said to Yixing.

Yixing nodded and looked at Kris. “He is nice. I just don’t trust him. Especially when it comes to Luhan’s case”

Yixing paused, he debated in his mind if he should explain it all. “But he’s needed. To make sure that it all ends here this time. Even the smallest roles are important”

Yixing’s phone vibrated. He turned around and ran towards the stairs with Kris following.

“What happened?” Kris asked.

“Sehun’s awake. He wants to see me. Bring the others” Yixing looked at Kris. “I have a few things to explain”

~*~*~

“I was kept inside a dark room. The only time I saw the daylight was when they gave me food. I haven’t changed clothes or showered in days. I must smell really bed” Sehun laughed a bit but turned serious once again. “One night, they came inside my room. They told me that you were out, looking for me. They told me a message I should deliver to Yixing. Then they started to hit me. I was placed on the field and I thought that they had left me to die. But a voice inside of my head told me to crawl back into the forest and to the school again. I had to warn you guys. That was when Kris, Joonmyeon, Jongin, Tao and Kyungsoo found me” Sehun told Yixing as Luhan fed him with noodles.

It was only the three of them inside the room, Kris was with the remaining eight outside the room. They was waiting for a good explanation from Yixing.

“What message?” Yixing asked.

Luhan placed his hand on Sehun’s shoulder. Sehun cleared his throat and looked at Yixing.

“This will be the final game. You can now choose. It’s either you or the others. You have to decide. You can’t have both. Happily ever after doesn’t exist in this story” Sehun said.