0 0 7

Back To 1953

Luhan and Minseok were sitting on the floor in Luhan’s room. Between them was the red book in velvet lying.

During the past one hour had the two boys been trying to open the book without any sign of success at all.

“It’s pointless…” Luhan said and kicked the book lightly in frustration.

“There must be a key somewhere” Minseok stood up.

Luhan shook his head. “This book is over sixty years old. I bet that the key has been gone for at least thirty years”

Luhan pouted as he began to pull in Minseok’s sleeve. “Let’s go to class now”

Minseok chuckled; Luhan usually never gave up on things. But now, when they were skipping class for something, Luhan didn’t like it at all.

“Plus, it’s a diary. Yixing’s diary. His private thoughts” Luhan took the book when he stood up and studied the book for a while.

“Yixing doesn’t remember those thoughts” Minseok protested.

Luhan shook his head. “I think Yixing knows more than he wants to tell” Luhan threw the diary on the bed. “Let’s go to class and see if we can find Chanyeol”

~*~*~

Joonmyeon didn’t even hesitate with taking a seat next to Yixing during the math lesson.

“Is it free here?”

Yixing looked at the empty chair next to him and then back at Joonmyeon. “I don’t see anyone sitting there, do you?”

Joonmyeon took that as an invitation to sit next to him and followed Yixing’s order.

“Could you please tell me everything you know” Joonmyeon leaned towards Yixing so he could whisper the words in his ear.

“About 1953, I don’t know anything more than I’ve told you about. I just really want to find out about what happened. And I think I know how, but I will keep that a secret for now”

Joonmyeon chuckled. “So you don’t want to collaborate with us?”

“I would be happy if you let me in. Actually, Jongdae will help me with some…” Yixing paused to search for the right word. “…detective work”

Joonmyeon was about to reply but got cut-off by the over-weighted and middle-aged math-teacher.

~*~*~

Even though the lock was rusty they were unable to move it, one less destroy it. Luhan and Minseok had even called Sehun and Tao for some help.

“We will need a key or something to destroy the lock with” Sehun sighed.

Luhan pouted disappointed as he sat down on his bed. He fell backwards, so he was lying across the bed with both his head and legs outside the bed.

“Have you asked Chanyeol?” Tao looked at Minseok.

Minseok nodded. Right after their lesson had Chanyeol and Baekhyun been there but none of them had made any success with the diary.

“The only person left to ask is Kr…” Luhan began to speak but got interrupted by Sehun.

“We should never ask Kris about this. I don’t trust him at all; he will run to Yixing and tell him about everything. Yixing can’t find out.”

Tao picked up the book once more and studied the lock. “But what shall we do?”

Luhan sat up and looked at Minseok, who wore a sneaky smile on his lips. “We’ll make it open ourselves”

~*~*~

Kyungsoo and Jongin were sitting in the grass while studying German. They had a well-deserved break of two hours and they spend it with the sun with a bit of studying.

“Wie viel uhr ist es…” Jongin read from the book.

“What time is it” Kyungsoo replied.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, slightly confused over Kyungsoo’s answer. “Is that a question or the answer of the question?”

Kyungsoo lightly hit Jongin in the head. “The answer, you idiot”

Jongin made a ‘Ah’-sound and hurried to write it down in his blue notebook before it all would be forgotten.

“Jongin… I have a question” Kyungsoo closed his German-book plus his notebook and looked at Jongin. Without waiting for Jongin to reply he said:

“The man you met… who said that you were dead” Kyungsoo paused, knowing that he now had Jongin’s attention. “What was his name?”

“He introduced himself as Lee Taemin” Jongin finished to write and closed his books as well.  “Why?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I have been thinking.”

“That doesn’t belong to the normal stuff” Jongin playfully said to Kyungsoo while winking with one eye.

This made Kyungsoo hit Jongin once more in the head, this time a lot harder.

“Anyways” Kyungsoo continued with sending a death-stare to Jongin. “He must’ve been a student here. I believe that there are some old class-photos or yearbooks here from that time”

Jongin shrugged. “It was sixty years ago though…”

Kyungsoo was being the stubborn person he is and didn’t give up when Jongin told him that something was impossible, just like always. “But there must be pictures somewhere. Can’t you help me to look for them?”

Jongin let out a deep sigh but agreed to help Kyungsoo.

It didn’t scare Jongin that there might not be any pictures, because how could it be? And why would it be something suspicious and weird about them?

What scared Jongin was; what if they were in the pictures as well?

~*~*~

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting only a few meters away from Jongin and Kyungsoo. Compared from Kyungsoo and Jongin, they didn’t enjoy the sun that much and thought that the chilly wind was a bit too chilly for their taste.

“Shall we go inside?” Baekhyun asked, Chanyeol only nodded as a reply and they both began to walk towards the dormitory.

Little did they know that someone was watching them.

Little did that know that this person was prepared to throw something on Chanyeol and Baekhyun.