0 2 1

Back To 1953

Something was weird with the sky that night. Luhan was awake in his bed. He watched the sky go from clear-blue, to black. But now it seemed like the sky slowly was changing its usual color to dark red.

Something was wrong, not only the sky’s color made him feel that way. He could sense that something was about to happen.

One hour earlier, Luhan had send a text message to Yixing. But Yixing hadn’t replied. When Luhan had tried to call, no one had picked up and he just came to the voice-mail. After five messages in the voice-mail and seven texts, Luhan gave up.

Luhan was scared. He had never been brave. But he knew that he was the only one who could save Yixing from any kind of danger he might be in right now. Yixing had been protecting him for sixty years. It was time to return the favor.

                                                                                              ~*~*~                

A horrible knocking on the door woke Kris up. Annoyed and cursing, he opened the door. His eyes widened in shock to see Luhan, Sehun, Jongin and Minseok standing outside his door. Everyone was dressed in track-suits.

“Kris… we need your help… I think that Yixing is in danger” Luhan said.

There was something convincing in Luhan’s voice. Even though Kris was half asleep, he went inside his room again and got dressed into his own track-suit. He didn’t have any particular track-suit and picked the one he had for school’s physical education.

Together with the four other boys, Kris left the dormitory. They didn’t have any plan, just a goal: to save their friend Zhang Yixing.

~*~*~

Minhyuk threw Yixing’s body onto the stone-floor in the basement of their cottage. Yixing tried to stand up but his body was too weak. They had hit and kicked Yixing before they – literary – dragged him to their cottage.

“Why…” Yixing breathes. “Haven’t you killed me yet?”

The whole situation didn’t make any sense for Yixing. They were eight versus one. They could simply win this game and kill him. But they hadn’t.

A laugh was heard, there was something evil with that laugh. It was Eunkwang’s laugh. Yixing knew that.

“Because that wouldn’t be any fun” Eunkwang said. “I have plans for you”

Two persons lifted up Yixing’s body and pushed him into the wall. The hit on the wall on his back was hard. Yixing grunted in pain.

Eunkwang walked slowly towards him. He grabbed Yixing’s jaws with one hand. It was cold, just like ice.

“I could simply break your neck and end all this right now. If I wanted to. But I don’t want to. You have caused pain for us in sixty years, now I’ll make you the same way we have done” a small smirk was spread over Eunkwang’s face.

Yixing tried to break free but Sungjae and Ilhoon, who was holding him, pushed him harder towards the wall. Eunkwang placed his hands on Yixing’s shoulders. He raised his knee and pushed it hard in Yixing’s stomach.

Yixing let out a painful scream and the two boys let go of him, so he could fall onto the ground.

Footsteps was heard and the door closed around him.

Yixing was all alone now.

~*~*~

Their steps were fast and determined. They walked straight into the forest, towards the cottage. It was the only place where they could’ve taken Yixing.

Jongin and Sehun were walking in the front and Luhan, Minseok and Kris were walking right behind them.

Luhan’s heart were beating fast and uncontrolled. He was scared. But the truth is, Luhan had always been scared. He was scared of heights, the dark, people with masks and unknown things. He was also very scared of what would happen within the upcoming hours. But he was stubborn. And he had to think that Yixing needed him and he couldn’t let him down this time.

“Look!” Minseok exclaimed and pointed at something in front of them, moving slowly towards them.

Someone was walking there. Kris lightened the person with the flashlight, for a short time only but Luhan could see that it was Henry’s face.

Henry stopped walking a few meters in front of the boys. “You’re too late. They have taken him. There’s nothing you can do any longer. Save yourself and go home again” Henry chuckled.

Luhan looked around and his gaze stopped at Minseok, who was very angry. It was almost like he was boiling.

“I swear if you have done anything to hurt him!” the anger made Minseok unable to think straight and he ran towards Henry, who in self-defense grabbed Minseok’s arms and turned him around.

With his free hand, Henry pulled up a knife from his pocket and pressed it on Minseok’s throat.

“Don’t mess with me, okay?” Henry hissed in Minseok’s ear. Minseok gulped and looked at Luhan.

Luhan could see the fear in Minseok’s eyes. He pulled in the sleeve of Kris’s shirt. Kris looked at Luhan and nodded, as if he could read Luhan’s mind.

Sadly, Jongin didn’t know what the boys behind him was thinking of. He rushed towards Henry.

Luhan didn’t know what happened afterwards. It all went so fast. But he saw Minseok lying onto the ground while Jongin was fighting with Henry.

Sehun helped Minseok to stand up while Luhan and Kris was just standing there, paralyzed by what was happening.

Suddenly, Jongin and Henry stopped to move. They got quiet. Jongin took a few steps back from Henry, who fell onto the ground.

The knife he previously had been holding against Minseok’s throat was now in his stomach. Blood ran out from the scar. His eyes were wide open. For a few seconds he breathed heavy and fast but stopped when his head hit the ground.

Jongin stepped back a little bit more, his eyes were also wide open in shock. Luhan placed one hand on Jongin’s shoulder.

Kris walked towards Henry’s lifeless body and touched the area between his chin and neck with two fingers.

“He’s dead” Kris stated.

Jongin fell onto his knees. He didn’t know what to say. What should he do? He had just killed a person.

“I killed him…” Jongin whispered and looked at Sehun. “I killed Henry”