0 1 6

Back To 1953

Yixing continued to stare at the transfer student. He scanned every inch of the boy, trying to find evidence that this wasn’t the same boy as before. But no matter how he looked, he only conclusion was that his was him.

The boy bowed politely in ninety degrees. “Hello, I’m Henry from Canada. Please take care of me”

Now was Yixing sure that this was the same boy from before. Two persons can’t look that much alike and have the same name without being the same persons. Plus, there has been happening a lot of weird things in Yixing’s life so nothing surprised him any longer.

“Oh, Canada. Just like our Kris” the teacher murmured. “You can sit down next to Luhan” the teacher nodded to the only empty place in the classroom. Sehun’s place.

Henry smiled to himself, it was almost unnoticeable but Yixing saw it. Henry took a seat next to Luhan and introduced himself, and Luhan did the same to him as well.

Yixing gave the two a disliking look before he returned to the equations in his book.

~*~*~

When the class ended, Yixing made sure that he was alone before he grabbed Henry’s wrist and pushed him against the wall with all his strength. He grabbed Henry’s collars and looked into his eyes, now filled with fear.

“Long time no see” Henry breathed heavy, off course, the way Yixing held him made him unable to breathe normally. “What has it been? Fifty-Sixty years? You look still very youthful for being seventy”

“What are you doing here?” Yixing said between his teeth.

Henry smirked. “I heard about Sehun. They have bigger plans this time. They want to end all this”

Yixing let go of the grip he had around the other boy’s collars. Henry coughed a bit before he looked at Yixing.

“Stay away from Luhan this time. You will be the death of him. Just like all the other times.” Yixing turned around and began to walk to his locker before the others had noticed that he was gone.

“You’re still protecting him, I see” Henry chuckled “Just don’t let him be the death of you”

Yixing shook his head. “This is not a game. It never were”

~*~*~

Kyungsoo and Jongin leaned against the wall to the supermarket. They had decided to skip all the afternoon-classes to meet Lee Taemin. It had been thirty minutes since they arrived but there still hadn’t been any sight of the old man.

“We skipped classes for nothing” Kyungsoo sighed and took a look at his wristwatch. They were still wearing their uniforms. “Let’s go back, maybe we can be in time for the last lesson. Or at least before they notice that we have left the school-area”

Jongin rolled with his eyes to Kyungsoo. The students wasn’t allowed to be outside the school-area on week-days, evenings, and school-time or on any other activities the school had ordered with. They were pretty strict with those rules but Jongin couldn’t remember that any student had been caught for sneaking out during times when they weren’t allowed to do so. He also guessed that the punishment was nothing but detention.

“Remind me to never skip classes with you again” Jongin hit Kyungsoo in the side. “You might want to go and dig in the graves with Luhan instead of standing here all evening”

Before Kyungsoo had time to argue against Jongin’s statement they heard a voice calling for them:

“Oh! Kim Jongin!” Jongin looked over Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Which wasn’t hard, Kyungsoo was a lot shorter than Jongin. It was Lee Taemin. He was carrying three shopping-bags that looked really heavy for the skinny boy to carry all alone.

Jongin hurried to Taemin with Kyungsoo following. “Let me help you with those bags” Jongin said and took two bags, he handed one of them to Kyungsoo.

“This is Do Kyungsoo, my friend” Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo bowed politely towards the old man.

“I know” Taemin smiled. “I’m Lee Taemin”

Kyungsoo cleared his throat. “We would like to speak to you about 1953”

Taemin nodded understanding and looked around. “Not here, let’s go to my home”

The two boys agreed and helped Taemin with the plastic bags to his home in a red apartment-building.

~*~*~

Luhan, Minseok, Jongdae and Joonmyeon were in the middle of digging up the graves. They had been digging up ten graves out of the eleven. Only Luhan’s and Yixing’s graves were left now. In each grave they had been digging up they had found a dark brown coffins.

Joonmyeon had assumed that the bodies were lying inside them. Luhan had wanted to open them and take a look inside but Jongdae had protested.

“Do you really want to see a sixty year old, dead body?” had Minseok asked.

Off course, Luhan didn’t want to see that. He was about to throw up just thinking of how the bodies would look like.

Luhan didn’t know how Minseok had managed to convince Jongdae and Joonmyeon to help them with the digging but he was very thankful that they were helping. Without them, this would’ve been a lot harder.

Their bodies were covered in sweat. Their arms hurt and they were exhausted.

“Tell me, why are we doing this?” Jongdae suddenly asked.

“Because, Yixing didn’t have a month and year written on his grave. That might mean that he never died and we did. But if he never died, his grave has to be empty now. While ours should have something inside, like the coffins for an example” Luhan explained, but in the back of his mind he believed that their coffins also were empty. This didn’t look like the place they had been digging down the dead bodies in Luhan’s dreams. This felt wrong.

Having three people digging on his grave was a bit too crowded for Luhan so he went over to Yixing’s grave instead. He threw the shovel into the mud. But he couldn’t go deep, the shovel hit something hard.

“Guys, come here” Luhan threw away his shovel, sat down on the ground and began to dig with his own hands.

The other three boys joined him with the digging.

“It’s a stone underneath” Joonmyeon stated once they saw something grey. “Let’s work together and lift it”

The stone was big and flat, just like a grave-stone, and it was heavy so it took a while for them to move the stone a few centimeters away from the place they had been digging.

Minseok dusted the stone off a bit, so they could see clearly what it stood.

The four boys gasped in a union once they saw the text written;

Henry Lau;

But, just like Yixing, there was no month and year written on the stone.

“So… the new kid is involved in all this to?” Jongdae asked the others.

Luhan couldn’t do anything but nod.