0 1 1

Back To 1953

Luhan, Minseok, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Tao, Joonmyeon, Jongin and Kyungsoo were all collected in Minseok’s room in the dormitory that afternoon.

Luhan’s heart was feeling heavy; both because they had now planned on reading Yixing’s old diary and that Sehun had disappeared without telling anyone. Not answering calls and replying to texts was something really unusual for Sehun, where could he be?

“Is everyone ready?” Minseok said and slowly opened the book without waiting for the other’s to give any response.

He read the first sentences quiet to himself before he began to read them out loud to the rest of the group:

‘November 3rd 1952

Dear Diary,

Today was my first day at Seoul Boy’s academy. After a meeting with the principal I got a school uniform, a locker and a room at the dormitory.

My class is big; thirty students and off course they’re all boys. I haven’t spoken to any of them yet but in the room next to mine is a boy in my class living.

His name is Lu Han and he has light brown hair and a baby-face. He’s so cute! He was the first student to greet me. I wish to get more contact with him in the future.

Love, Zhang Yixing’

“That seemed to be pretty innocent” Chanyeol sighed and hung his arm around Minseok to see what Yixing had been writing. “His handwriting is really good”

Minseok closed the diary and sighed as well. Luhan bit his lower lip and took the diary away from Minseok. He knew that they all were disappointed in what had been written in the diary.

Luhan flipped a few pages in the book and stopped on one place, in April 1953.

“I think my first dream was beginning here” Luhan said and began to read:

‘April 11th 1953

Dear Diary,

I was playing soccer together with Luhan, Minseok, Kris, Joonmyeon, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongin and Sehun.

The sun was shining brightly and it was actually hot for being in April. My team won.

Suddenly; Luhan, who was in the other team, whispered something in my ear. Telling me that the lights in the chemistry-lab were on and that it seemed like someone was watching us.

I didn’t find it that weird, it’s Sunday and the teachers are always watching the students on Sundays. Since it’s no school they were also probably cleaning.

But I noticed some kind of panic in Luhan’s voice. What could he have seen that scared him so much?

Love, Zhang Yixing’

“Jongdae went to the chemistry-lab together with Yixing and Kris…” Joonmyeon murmured.

Luhan, who was the only one who had heard what Joonmyeon had said, nodded. “Oh, I forgot, Joonmyeon and Tao…”

Luhan took a deep breath and swallowed the over-flowing saliva he had in his mouth. He knew that all attention was directed towards him now. “… Minseok let me inside the dormitory last night. But did any of you help Sehun inside?”

Joonmyeon and Tao shook their heads. “I thought that he was with you, Minseok said that he was helping you in. Why do you ask?” Joonmyeon explained.

“He’s nowhere to be found. He’s not opening the door to his room; he’s not answering my calls or replying to my text messages.” Luhan’s eyes began to get watery. “I’m scared that something has happened to him”

Kyungsoo’s eyes got the double size. “Gone?”

Luhan nodded and told the others about everything they had seen and what they had done the previous night. By the time Luhan was explaining, his breath got unsteady and his voice began to shake.

Minseok lightly patted Luhan in the back. “There’s nothing to worry about” he whispered in Luhan’s ear.

But Luhan was already crying.

~*~*~

Kris walked all alone in the school. Words from his conversation with Yixing was still echoing in the head.

‘Can you keep a secret?’

‘Off course I can!’

‘Don’t tell Luhan about this’

‘I promise’

‘In 1953… me and Luhan had a very… special relationship with each other’

‘I’ve noticed’

‘No… I mean very special’

‘Like a romantic or ual relationship?’

Yixing hadn’t answered Kris’s last question. He had just walked away and pretended that he hadn’t heard what Kris had asked.

What Yixing knew happened in 1953 was certainly more than he told; Yixing seemed to remember those things the other had seemed to forget about.

Kris thought that he would go crazy with all the mystery that was around Yixing.

“What did you do to Sehun last night?” Yixing’s voice said. Kris turned around and saw Yixing walking towards him; he looked furious.

Kris knew that Yixing was angry as well, since he didn’t begin the conversation with a ‘hello’ or ‘how are you’.

“Nothing, I let them run back to the dormitory. Just like you said” Kris shrugged and began to walk but Yixing grabbed his wrist.

“Are you telling me the truth right now? Because if I find out that you’re lying to me… trust me it won’t end pretty” judging from the look of Yixing’s eyes, Kris knew that he was being serious.

Then it hit Kris what Yixing had asked him. He believed that Kris had caught Sehun. This must mean that Sehun wasn’t with Luhan or some of the other kids.

“Why Sehun?” Kris suddenly asked.

“He’s gone” Yixing said, the grip around Kris’s wrist got a big lighter. “He didn’t show up to any classes today. Judging from the conversation Luhan had with Minseok, he is not in his room or picking up any calls either”

Kris shrugged “I didn’t do anything to him. I’m innocent”

“Well, the other’s thing that you and me are behind this. We have to find him. Remember Luhan’s dream. Minseok disappeared”

Kris thought about what had been said on the meeting before. When Luhan had told them about all his bad dreams. “And then he was found dead”

Yixing nodded. “Maybe this is what they have planned from the beginning”

Kris sighed, Yixing was constantly speaking of ‘them’ but Kris was not really sure who ‘they’ were. “Who are ‘they’?”

Yixing smirked “The ones that are behind all this”