0 1 2

Back To 1953

”Sehun” Luhan knocked on Sehun’s door for probably the fifth time that day.

“He’s not there, he won’t open” a hand was being placed on Luhan’s shoulder, which made him jump up and down in shock.

Yixing’s friendly smile greeted him. “They have taken him, but I know where to find him”

“Where?” Luhan asked.

Yixing shook his head. “I can’t tell you. I’m sorry but I have promised myself to, no matter what, always protect you”

Luhan grabbed Yixing’s hand and held it as he looked into Yixing’s eyes. The serious look made Yixing’s heart out of balance for a second.

“You don’t have to protect me” Luhan stared into Yixing’s eyes. “It’s Sehun I’m worried for, if we don’t find him soon. He might end up like Minseok in my dreams. I will never let that happen”

“He won’t turn out like Sehun, we’ll find him before anything happens to him.” Yixing took a look on his wristwatch. The clock was already four in the afternoon. “We’ll have to sneak out tonight, make sure that the others join us as well. It’s less dangerous if we’re all eleven, they’re not that many.”

“Eight o’clock outside my room” Yixing ordered and tangled himself out of Luhan’s grip.

“I’ll speak to Kris and Jongdae, you take the others” Yixing said over his shoulder.

~*~*~

“I’ll see if I can find him tomorrow” Jongin sat straight up in his bed. He had his phone pressed towards his ear.

“Who?” Kyungsoo replied from the other end of the line.

Jongin sighed; there were times – like this one – when he wondered who he could end up being best friend with Kyungsoo. Sehun and Luhan understood Jongin a lot better, actually.

“Taemin, you know the old man I met at the supermarket”

Jongin heard how Kyungsoo said a low ‘Ah~’ on the other end.

“He must know something” Jongin muttered. Everything that had happened the past few days had really made him curious and he wanted to know more. 

“I can go with you tomorrow, I’m also curious” Kyungsoo said.

“Good” Jongin smiled.

Jongin heard how Kyungsoo’s faded and he heard how the phone was being placed somewhere. Footsteps was being heard, a door opened and closed. Kyungsoo said something similar to “Oh hello, how are you?” and began to speak with his guest.

Kyungsoo and the guest spoke with each other for a while before Jongin heard Kyungsoo’s voice getting stronger again. He could also hear how Kyungsoo lifted the phone up from the earlier place.

“Sure, I have him on phone now” Kyungsoo said.

“Jongin”

“Yes?”

“Luhan’s here” Kyungsoo began. “We want us to meet outside Yixing’s room tonight at eight. We’re going out to look for Sehun. Luhan’s worried to death and I think we should take his worries serious. He has been looking through the future… or the past… well he has seen things we haven’t seen”

Jongin thought about it. Meeting outside Yixing’s room meant that Yixing was going to come with them. That also meant that probably both Kris and Jongdae also would follow them.

Jongin didn’t trust one of those three, they kept important secrets. Everyone should know those secrets.

On the other hand, they had been reading Yixing’s diary from -53 without Yixing knowing it.

“I’m coming” Jongin finally said. “Should I bring anything?”

“Clothes so we can walk in the forest” Kyungsoo hung up after those words.

~*~*~

“We’re looking for Sehun tonight. You have to meet outside my room at eight tonight” Yixing ordered Kris during the lunch-time that day.

“Is he still missing?”

Yixing nodded. “I think I know where he is, I believe that they have taken him. This means that he can be in danger.”

“Can’t you please tell me what you know from 1953?”Kris took a sip from his orange-juice. “I’m curious about the relationship you and Luhan had”

“I came to the school sometime in November 1952, I think. The others were already students here. I had no friends until Luhan began to talk to me. He asked me if I wanted to play soccer with him and his friends. Those friends were Minseok, Luhan, you, Joonmyeon, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongin and Sehun. I said yes and joined them. After that, it was the twelve of us. We turned into best friends.” Yixing swallowed, he didn’t know how to say all this. The memories were still very blurry to him.

“Luhan and I began to meet more often all alone. We did things…” Yixing’s voice was shaking. Flashbacks appeared in his vision.

“What kind of things?”

“Things two males never should do with each other… not at least during that time” Yixing looked at Kris. “Do you know what happened in July 27 1953?”

Kris shook his head.

“The Korean War ended. It’s almost fifty years ago now” Yixing took a look at the calendar. The day of that day was June 30. After that he continued:

“Everything had started by then. By the time the Korean War ended, four of us were dead and we didn’t know who was behind it. All we knew was that it was related to the explosion Jongdae and another guy in our class had caused in the chemistry-lab”

“Who was dead back then?” Kris didn’t know what to ask, he wanted to know as much as possible but he didn’t want to put some pressure on Yixing. He was obviously shaken by al the memories that kept coming back to him.

“Minseok, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon” Yixing explained. “We learnt fast that the weakest die first. Only the strongest will survive”

“Who was being left at the end?”

“Me and Luhan. I would offer myself for Luhan back then and it hasn’t changed, I don’t really think that you understand it.” Yixing smiled a weak smile towards Kris. “My heart will always belong to Luhan and no one else”