Masked

K Academy
IU POV:

Today was the day. The day I would tell Chundoong Oppa how i feel. The day I had to go to the courtyard at midnight. I still didn't know what for, but L.Joe was going too so..

I adjusted my mask and saw as other girls started trickling out of the rooms. Everyone looked pretty even without the masks. I felt slightly out of place but I felt an arm wrap around mine.

"Hey IU! Everyone is going as a group today so come one!" the person invited. I thanked them and wondered who could be behind the mask. I shook my head.

The party was very upbeat when we got there and there were MANY unfamiliar faces. All hidden with masks. But even so, I could still pull Chundoong Oppa out because his necklace. I caught my breath even just looking at his masked face. I slowly walked up to him where another stood with him. Hyuna and Hyosung didn't seem like they were in sight so....I'm safe.

"Excuse me." I said barely loud enough to hear. Chundoong Oppa looked up.

"I've been hiding this for a really long time because you were always so nice to me and thank you for that. I-I like you." I said nervously, my hands trembling. He was silent before saying,

"I'm sorry but..."

That's all I needed to hear. I knew he wouldn't accept my feelings..even if didn't know who was behind my mask. I bowed as a good bye and ran out of his sight. I felt tears coming but I held them in. Who cares? I knew that this would happen. I checked the time. It was already 11:30. I sighed and made my way to the courtyard. Who knew what else this evening had in store for me.