Hanging On

Infinitely Dangerous

 

"Minji, you need to get up. You need to get medical attention." a male voice said I felt strong arms help me attempt to stand. I was numb. Completely and utterly numb. I didn't feel any pain. My shoulder didn't hurt. I didn't feel the now cold blood on my hands. I couldn't feel the ocean wind against my face. I couldn't feel. All I knew the warmth of his fingers that were there one second and gone the next. My eyes were open but I wasn't seeing. "Hoya. Take her back to the van. I'll pick up Pan ni." and someone lifted me up bridal style and walked me back to the van and set me down. "Minji. Minji." Hoya called my name over and over again but I couldn't get myself to respond to him. "Sunggyu hyung…is he?" and his name grabbed what was left of my thoughts and I looked up. "He's gone." I said in the most cracked and hoarse voice I've ever heard come out of my throat. 

 
Hoya closed his eyes painfully for a second but he opened them again. "Okay. I need to floor it back to the compound. You lost a lot of blood." and he was about to close the door when I grabbed his arm with my bloody hand. He winced. "We need to look for him." I said in an almost robotic voice.
"Yes. We will."
"Now!" I said and tried to get out of the car. "Minji! You're too injured to be doing anything right now!' he screamed holding on to me. I struggled and hit him repeatedly but he didn't let go. I kicked his leg and his leg buckled, but then I felt a cold needle slip into my arm. I turned to see Daniel with an empty needle between his fingers. "Sorry Minji." and I felt my body go slack as Hoya caught me and my world faded to black.
 
--------------
"She's going to be ing pissed you put her under." I heard a muffled male voice. "Like I had a choice. She looked like she wanted to jump off the cliff after Sunggyu." another voice answered. "How are her injuries?" 
"She tore open her shoulder wound even more. She needs to lay off of it for a a long time for it to heal properly." 
"She'll never stay put long enough." 
"Celestia wants to put her on lockdown." 
"No. She's going to be even more traumatized."
"She needs to stop."
"No, you need to stop. Leave her alone." the male voice growled.
"What did hey find when they went to the bottom of the cliff?"
"It's quite a distance to fall but Sunggyu should have landed in the water. Celestia had people dive for his body but…nothing. We found a hidden inlet, and we saw blood on the sand and rocks but still no body. No sign of Belle's body either. It's like they disappeared." 
 
and that's when my eyes burst open and I jackknifed into a sitting position. My eyes took in the room and I knew it was a bad idea. My shoulder throbbed and my head hurt. My whole body hurt.
 
I focused and saw Myungsoo, Woohyun and Daniel sitting at the set of couches over a plate of half eaten dduboki and a half a dozen empty bottles of soju. Hoya walked in and I glared at him and Daniel. "Did you find him?!" I asked…no I demanded. "No." Myungsoo answered shaking his head. "I'm going to look." and I tried to get out of bed and Woohyun stopped me. "I will break your hand if you stop me." I said growling. Then Woohyun's face turned from concerned to cold and serious. "You think you are the only one who cares about Sunggyu. He's like our brother, he's our leader and now he's ing missing. If he was dead I would love to see his body too. That way we all can know. But now we can't find him, and you're acting like the ing world revolves around you. I knew him way longer than you Minji. If anyone is sad about losing him, you're not going to feel any more of a sense of loss than us." and he left the room. I was stunned. Woohyun never talked that way to me before. 
 
"He's right you know." Myungsoo said standing up. "I'm not going to say anything to make you feel guilty but hyung knew what he was getting into when he started loving you. If he's gone like that because he was protecting you, he would be okay with it. But now there is a mystery, of his missing body. And if you charge headlong into it alone, you only will get yourself hurt, you might get more people hurt. So as much as you don't want to. Trust that this team can get things done. That we will help each other." 
 
"I-" I barely got out because I was so at loss for words. He came over and handed me a packet of tissues. "There's nothing wrong with your legs. And even though you should be in bed. Go find Woohyun hyung." and Myungsoo left with Hoya and Daniel. I took the tissues and I got out of bed and went to find Woohyun's room. I knocked. I didn't get any shouted reply but after thirty seconds the door slid open and Woohyun was standing in a white wifebeater, black jeans and his hair was a mess, his eyes red rimmed and full of pain. "What the do you want Minji." he said. "I'm sorry." I looked him in the eyes. 
 
A tear slid down his cheek as he tried to reign his emotions in. And that did it for me. Tears blurred my sight. "I'm sorry." I slid to the floor to my knees. "Sungg-….Sungg-" I couldn't get his name out. I didn't want to say his name. It felt like if I said his name, it would mean that he really was gone. I remember screaming my throat raw when he fell and everything else was a blur.
 
Woohyun bent down and took my arm and helped me up. "Can you stay?" he asked softly, almost inaudibly and I nodded. I climbed into bed with Woohyun and he pulled me against his chest and I started to cry. Cry so hard, my body shook. Woohyun's chin rested against the top of my head and I heard him cry too. Thats all we did. Gave each other the comfort of having someone that knew the same pain. I didn't think I would be able to hang on to my sanity any longer if I didn't have him. 
-----------------------------------------------------------
(A/N: Oh two updates! Yay! :D
 
 
and food for thought: Is Sunggyu really gone? ;])
 
Edit: (A/N: If you guys want, you guys could check out my one shot request thread haha. 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/635568/thinking-of-you-one-shot-requests-requests)