Heating up

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I noticed someone watching me out of the corner of my eye when I was nearing the dorm. I turned my head a little and I saw Clarie. She smiled like a chesire cat ready to pounce and I gave her a cold look. She made the cut throat gesture and she disappeared into the shadows. “That’s right, come get me you . Because I’ll kill you first.” I whispered under my breath and went back upstairs.

I gave Pan ni her gun and hair chopsticks. “Damn these are sharp.” She said eyes twinkling, at the delicate silver weapons. “Well that's why I got them.” I said smiling. We hid the things when Sungjong called us for dinner.

“You were out the whole day.” Woohyun said in my ear when I walked past him to the table. I looked at him as he sat down next to me setting down the banchan. “I’m all in one piece.” I whispered back to him.

“Minji did you have fun going out today?” Sunggyu asked giving me some kimchi. “Ne. I got you guys some candy you can eat a bit later.” I smiled showing them the bag of candy. “Oh I like those!” Sungjong smiled. “Eat your lemon candy.” Sunggyu teased and the maknae pouted. I rolled my eyes. “Play nice.” I said and they laughed nodding. Suddenly the doorbell rang and Dongwoo got up to open it. He came back with a small black package. “It says its for Eunji and Pan ni.” He said reading the label. I threw Pan ni a look and she was thinking exactly what I was. “Did you guys tell people you were living here with us?” Dongwoo asked putting the package on the table.

“I’ll open it.” I said and started to rip off the tape. When the tape was off I reached between the two flaps and opened it. My eyes widened and thinking fast, I screamed. It was a doll that was covered in blood and besides it was a picture of Pan ni and I standing outside the dorm and it was ripped into multiple pieces. Under the doll was a wicked looking knife. Pan ni took my lead and screamed too.

Sungyeol immediately closed the box and he walked away with is. I was furious inside. I bet my money that it was Claire. She seemed like that kind of psychopath. But to keep up with my façade I let my shoulder shake uncontrollably and curled up. “Shhh, it’s okay.” Hoya put his arms around me and pulled me to him. In the corner of my I saw Woohyun’s fist clench. I hugged Hoya and buried my face into his shoulder.

I wasn’t really afraid but I needed to act like it. I heard Pan ni start to cry and I almost laughed a loud. She was really getting better at acting. “Who could’ve have been…?” I heard L ask.

“I don’t know but I don’t think the girls should go out unaccompanied anymore.” Sungyeol said. And then I cursed at Claire in my head. How were we supposed to do missions and make up excuses about going out at night, the same time as the guys? That …

“I don’t know.” I pulled out of Hoya’s arm and ran to Woohyun’s room and locked the door. I pulled out my cellphone. I texted Mels asking her about what I should do first. The Claire and Daniel mission or making one of them my boyfriend mission. She replied immediately with a, “The killing isn’t on a time limit. Getting the information Shadow wants is.” And then I wiped out the messages between us.

I stuffed the phone back into my hiding place and ran a hand through my hair. I was running out of time. I didn’t want to get too close to the guys but I didn’t know if that was my brain talking or my heart speaking. Someone knocked on the door and I blinked startled. “Ahhh jinja.” I wasn’t ready to make a decision yet. Why the heck were the guys coming at me one after another?

It was Woohyun. He stood in front of me, an expression that was difficult to decipher. I didn’t understand. “I’m just here to grab a few more shirts.” He said and brushed past me to go into the room and grabbed a few shirts, just like he said. “Get some rest Eunji.” He patted my shoulder politely and left.

I didn’t know why, I felt like grimacing. Why did his attitude bother me? I grit my teeth but immediately changed my expression when Sunggyu showed up with a cup of tea. “Here.” He said and I took it. “G-gomawo.” I said shakily and he smiled. “Don’t think too much about it. We’re here to protect you remember?” he said and I nodded assuring him that I understood. “I’m going to go to sleep now. Good night Oppa.” And I gently closed the door.

Maybe I didn’t need to get one of the guys to fall head over heels for me. Maybe I could just hack the system. I quietly locked the door and pressed the floor board switch and sat down at the command center. I wasn’t as quick with a computer as Taeminnie was but I wasn’t that bad either.

I was trying to find out something important when a message popped up. The headline read. “To kill. As soon as possible.” I opened the message and I froze. It was a picture of me followed by Pan ni.

Claire signed it at the bottom and I didn’t need a mirror to tell me my face went white. The guys knew Claire because she worked in the same company. I couldn’t let them see this. I deleted the message and wiped it from the memory of the hard drive.

I made sure it seemed like I wasn’t there and then I went to find Pan ni. The guys were pretty much all asleep. I heard someone in the kitchen doing something but I just walked quietly. Pan ni wasn’t on the couch so naturally I went to see the guy’s room. I pushed the door opened slightly and I saw Pan ni and Dongwoo kissing. I immediately backed up but I bumped into Hoya. He was about to open his mouth but I covered his mouth and shook my head and pulled him back towards the kitchen. “Um, Pan ni and Dongwoo oppa are pre…occupied right now. Let’s go for a walk.”

His expression was confused for a minute but then understanding dawned and he nodded and we grabbed a sweater and went out.

“How are you feeling?” he asked after we got downstairs. “It’s stupid, but I think I’m getting used to being threatened.” I said shrugging. He looked at me worriedly. “You are really a tough one aren’t you?” he smiled just slightly. “I think you need to take on what life throws at you and worry less about being sneaky and conniving.”

“You’re amazing. I hope you know that.” He said and I elbowed him playfully. “EHHHHH, don’t use one of your song titles.” I laughed and he put his hands up. “Ah, you caught me.” he chuckled. I shook my head as we kept walking.  When we got to the park, I felt slightly uneasy like I knew I was being watched. But, I didn’t know what to say to Hoya. Hoya suddenly grabbed my arm and swung me around as someone came down on us with a knife. Hoya kicked out and nailed out attacker in the chest but not before that wicked looking knife slid along Hoya’s forearm. He didn’t miss a beat and he kicked out again and jammed his elbow into the guy’s neck. “Who sent you.” He growled.

“I-I don’t know what you are talking about. I just wanted money!” the guys stammered out but I could tell he was lying through his teeth. Hoya didn’t seem to buy it either but I doubted he would kill him in front of me, who he thought was innocent.

Suddenly I heard the soft thwack of a silencer and the attacker went down with a bullet through the middle of his forehead. Hoya grabbed by arm and we ran. I didn’t know how long we ran but soon we were by the Han river. “Are you okay?” he asked. I nodded breathless. This was getting more and more dangerous if they were willing to send someone to do away with me already.

I didn’t get a chance to say anything else before he wrapped me in a hug. “I wish you weren’t in danger.” He said softly in my ear. I sighed and gently hugged him back. “Me too.”

When he broke apart, my hand came away stained with blood. “Dammit, you’re bleeding.” I said and even though he said it was no big deal, I dragged him to a nearby convenience store and got a first aid kit. We sat on a bench as I treated his cut. He winced when I used the alcohol pad. “Mian.” I said wincing along with him. “Ani.” He said and smiled at me. I bandaged it up, it was a good thing the cut was shallow so it didn’t need stitches. Not that I couldn’t stitch him back up it would have just been suspicious.

“Thank you for protecting me…” I said softly. He didn’t know I could do it myself but it was sweet of him. He chuckled softly. “Then can I get a kiss of gratitude?” he asked so softly I almost didn’t hear him. He lifted up my chin and I blinked unable to say anything. This time our kiss would actually be sober...

Just when he lips were a breath away someone called my name. 

-------------------------

Ah a long chapter~ I actually like longer chapters better but I gotta keep up the suspense right? ;]