Territorial

Infinitely Dangerous

 

 

 

“What did you say?” I asked turning around, thinking I heard wrong. Celestia sighed and looked up. “You heard me the first time. I said take Sunggyu with you. He has already been instructed to monitor you and remind you of when you should come back.”

“I don’t need anyone to monitor me.” I said slightly irritated. “You may not think so, but your godmother, Pan ni and Ethan will probably try to keep you. And you understand the terms that you agreed to, but they do not. I will not be shirked of my temporary asset.” She said with her business like tone. Like she didn’t feel anything, or rather she closed off everything that had to do with emotions.

“Fine. But, now I have to worry about protecting him.” I said. “You know as well as I do that Sunggyu can handle himself.” She put down her fountain pen. “So this is said and done, Minji. Now leave before I change my mind.” She said and picked up her pen and started to work again.

I had a string of curses I wanted to spout at her but I knew it would be useless. She wouldn’t have been affected and I would be wasting my breath. I went back to my room to change and Sunggyu was waiting outside. I wanted to be angry at him, but I could not. Though I didn’t know what he was thinking, I knew that he probably didn’t like this arrangement as much as I did.

After I changed, Sunggyu led the way and he drove when we got into the car. “I won’t intrude.” He said after a few minutes of driving.

“I didn’t really think you would.” I said. “I know you’re just taking orders from her.” And he sighed. When he got to the condo he walked upstairs with me and I typed in our excessively long passcode. When I got inside, I felt someone move in the shadows and then Sunggyu was down.

“Taemin!” I pulled him off Sunggyu. He had punched Sunggyu square in the jaw. “I’m going to kill him!” Taemin said clearly angry and I slapped him. “Stop!” I growled. He was so shocked, he did. I helped Sunggyu up. “Are you okay?” I asked and he nodded. “Yeah.” he flexed his jaw.

I glared at Taemin. “If I was obviously in any danger, he wouldn’t have come through the door with me.”

He didn’t say anything and just glared at Sunggyu. I knew Sunggyu was surprised to find out Taemin worked for Shadow.

Taemin ignored Sunggyu and pulled me into a tight hug. I sighed and gave in, hugging him. “I’m okay.” I said. “I missed you Minji.” He buried his face in my neck. “I wanted to go in there myself.” He whispered.  I patted him lightly on the back. “Tae.”

“Minji.” A familiar female voice that I’ve missed called me and I broke out of Taemin’s hug and ran to hug Mels. “You crazy woman. Why the hell would you get hurt like that?” I said angrily. “Are you kidding me? Who is the crazy person is still in question here. Making a deal with his boss?!” She pointed at Sunggyu.

“I dragged Pan ni into it, I wasn’t going to let her die. I know that I’m of use to her still.” I said calmly backing up to put myself in front of Sunggyu. I knew Sunggyu could defend himself but I also knew that Mels was willing a lot to keep me safe. If they knew I needed to leave real soon, it wouldn’t have a very good reaction.

“Are you better now?” I asked her. “Yes.” She straightened. Ethan came out from the bedroom ruffling his hair. “She wouldn’t rest until we tricked her into eating sleeping pills. Mels punched Ethan in the shoulder. “I’m still mad at you for that.” She said. “ I know, and you know I’ll make it up to you.” He smiled slowly.

Mels smiled genuinely and then realized the situation and turned back to us with a frown. “Why is he here?” she asked. “I’m leaving with him soon. I just needed to see you and how you were recovering.” I said backed up even more. I felt the heat from Sunggyu’s body behind me.

“You’re not free?” Mels asked voice dangerously low. “No….not yet Mels. You have to understand.” I said. “What I understand is that he had a hand of dragging you into this.” She glared at Sunggyu. “Stop Mels! I’m not going to let you hurt him.” I said.

“You’re protecting him now?” Taemin growled. “I’m capable of protecting myself.” Sunggyu finally spoke. “Oh let’s see about that.” Taemin eyes narrowed. “Why are you acting like this?!” I put a hand on his shoulder.

He grabbed my arm with one hand and cradled the back of my neck with the other and kissed me. “Mmmmm!” I protested and pushed him away. “You’re acting like a territorial animal.” I shouted at him and I grabbed Sunggyu’s hand and pulled him into my room and locked the door.

“He likes you.” Sunggyu said and I turned around to face him. “We broke up, a very long time ago.” I said eyebrows furrowing. “It doesn’t mean he can’t like you still.” He said sounding like he wasn’t really bothered with the hostility. “God knows, that even though you betrayed us, I still love you.” He said softly his eyes meeting mine.

“Why are you saying this now?!” I asked frustrated. “Because I got jealous Minji. I got so jealous when Taemin kissed you that I wanted to punch him straight in the face.” He said softly.

“Don’t do this?” I said. “Why? Because there will be some better time, or something?” he asked. I was about to say something when he cut me off. “You want us all to believe you felt nothing for us but you don’t even know what you want and feel.”

“I know exactly what I want.” I said angrily. “Yeah?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“I want to be as far away from you as po-“ he cut me off with a kiss. He pulled me to him around the waist and claimed my mouth.

------------------------

Oh more intense than I thought haha. Tell me what you think :3