A lot to take in

Infinitely Dangerous

 

She yawned. “Where are you off in a hurry to?” she asked. “Nowhere.” I said a little too fast and she blinked.

“I’m going to brush up and make breakfast.” I said. “Come help me.” I said pulling her arm.

We made scrambled eggs, spam and bacon. “You seem off.” Pan ni said whispering to me.

“Not at all.” I said seriously.

Hoya sat down next to me and I stiffened but I relaxed slowly. There was no reason to overreact. I just had to remind myself that kissing them was part of my acting but a traitorous voice in the back of my head told me darkly that I was just lying to myself now.

“You seem distracted Eunji.” Sunggyu said.. “Ani.” I said. “Here, eat some bacon I stuck a piece of bacon into his mouth. “Ahhh Mashipta” Sungjong smiled. “We’ll start making chicken for you guys, if you guys start gaining weight though.” Pan ni said and all the guys booed in unison. We laughed to ourselves and it felt like everything was almost back to normal.

I was folding laundry when Hoya sat near me with his ipad flipping through the Internet and organizing his music.

I didn’t know exactly what to say so I kept quiet. “Do you like dancing?” he suddenly asked. I blinked. “Um well I guess I know how to dance.” I said. I remembered Hoya’s profile saying he was the dancing machine of Infinite.

“Let’s dance.” He smiled widely and my eyes widened. “Aniyo.” I protested when he grabbed my hand. “Hoya, let’s go practice.” Dongwoo suddenly came out of no where and put his arm around Hoya’s shoulders. I used this distraction to pull my hand away from Hoya and grabbed the folded laundry and went back into the room.

Pan ni was sitting on Hoya’s bed when I went to return their laundry. She laughed when she saw me. “I asked Dongwoo if he could save you.”

I shook my head sitting cross-legged on the floor. “Oh you talk to Dongwoo now? How close have you gotten?” I smiled and she blushed. “What, no. He was around and I was around.” She said and I laughed. “Oh okay.” I got up and went to return Sungyeol’s clothes.

Woohyun said he was taking a quick nap and I saw his chest was rising and falling steadily as he laid sprawled on the adjoining bed. I rolled my eyes and picked up the blanket he had kicked on the floor and covered him with it. I was pulling away when he suddenly grabbed my hand. He opened his eyes slightly, his lips twitching in a smile. “Gomawo.” He said. “Ah ne. It would be bad if you caught a cold.” I said and he chuckled softly. “Eunji?” he said my name and I tried pulling my hand out of his grip, but he sat up in one motion and used his hand cupping the back of my neck and pulled into a kiss.

I stiffened. I put my free hand against his chest and pushed him away. I was furious and raised my hand to hit him when he spoke. “You owed me a kiss from this morning.” He smiled cheekily.

“Don’t ever do that again.” I said eyebrows furrowing. “Tell me you didn’t feel anything and I’ll let go.” He said suddenly serious.

“I…just stop!” I said and pulled my hand away and left the room. “.” I muttered punching the pillow.

Pan ni came in eating a chocolate chip cookie and when she saw my face she stopped. “Something’s up?” she asked. I let out a breath and was about to tell her about both kisses when my bracelet started flashing.

I cursed another time under my breath and grabbed a sweater. “We need to go out.” I said and she finished her cookie and nodded. We told the guys we were going to buy some snacks and we left. After getting out of the dorm, I told Pan ni I would be fine and to go get the snacks we promised. I got into the car.

Claire threw something into my lap. It was an envelope and I opened it. There was a picture of a woman in her mid thirties and information. “She’s one of the people who owns part of the underground black market gambling?” I asked.

“Don’t ask a stupid question.” She bit out and Daniel put a hand on her thigh to quiet her. “Yes. And you are to finish the job by the weekend.” He said. “Today is Thursday.” I stated. “Why the larger time frame?” I asked. “It’ll be more difficult because she is heavily guarded. The guys will be on this one too.” He said and I shook my head. “No. We’ve crossed paths too many times. You set me up last time and if we see each other again on this job, I’ll be busy trying to fend them off and not on the actual job.” I bit out.

“Well isn’t that too bad.” Claire purred. “Unless you would like to reveal who you actually are to them, you’ll just have to work around it. You are a smart girl Minji. I don’t think you’ll have too much trouble.” And I glared at him.

“And if I refuse?” I asked even though I knew the answer. “Then we take you back, probably by force and Claire gets to deal with you because we are only keeping you because you arean asset.” Daniel said voice unflinching and unfeeling. “And your godmother will join you.” He smiled like he was talking about the weather.

My fists clenched like I was ready to sock them both in the face but I controlled myself. “Alright.” I said and I got out of the car and walked back towards the dorm. Pan ni was waiting for me on the other side of the street near the park. A guy was behind her but he was facing the other way.

 

---------------------

Oh who is it?! do you know ;]