First Encounter

Infinitely Dangerous

 

“Bye guys.” I waved as they all left. I immediately called for takeout and it came in fifteen minutes. I shoved the money into the delivery boys hands and put the takeout down. I was actually glad to have Woohyun sleep on my lap. I attached a small tracker to the back of one of his earring studs and I immediately started tracking them.

The blinking red dot was moving on the small screen of my phone and I quickly changed into my complete black ensemble and followed. I followed them to a large five star hotel. A mission here? I went over to the roof of the building opposite it and looked around. I crouched low when I saw something moving on the building next to mine. It was L. And his sniper rifle was in position. I left the building and circled around the block to avoid L and snuck into the service entrance of the hotel. I was wearing a face mask and a black cap.

I needed to find out who they were after, and was it common that they needed all seven of them. I was going up the staircase when I heard whispering. I recognized the hushed voices of Sunggyu and Dongwoo, but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. I slipped past the doors before they could realize they weren’t alone, but I came face to face with Hoya.

He didn’t ask questions so I assumed my disguise was fine because the next thing he did was swing for my face. I ducked fast and came up trying to punch him in the stomach but he caught my fist and twisted my arm. I followed his movement in a twirl so he wouldn’t twist my arm off and kicked out with my legs. It connected with his leg but he definitely could take a hit and he punched me in the face. I moved back slightly but he still got my cheek and it was throbbing.

We silently sized each other up. I didn't know what exactly to do but I knew that I couldn’t let him find me out and I had to get away before backup arrived for him. I whirled around throwing a high kick at the same time hoping to knock him out but he grabbed my leg catching me off balance and making me stumbled towards him. Hoya locked my head with his arm and it was painful. He was cutting off my air.

“Who are you?” he asked, his breathe tickling my ear. I replied with an elbow to his ribs making him loosen his hold on me. And I took this chance to stomp on his instep and escape his hold. I was panting. It was no joke that he was good.

We circled each other as much as the hallway allowed and he got another punch to my ribs and kick to my side. But I punched him in the jaw and kicked his leg even though I was aiming for his shin. He surprised me by charging and grabbed my arm, twisting it behind me and slamming me against the wall. I couldn’t help but gasp in pain. This was bad.

But something happened that I didn’t think would help me but it did. “Hyung! The target is leaving his room. Where the hell are you?” the Bluetooth on Hoya’s ear crackled to life and his grip loosened just enough for me to twist, as painful as it was to kick him away from me. I didn’t stop and followed with a series of more kicks pushing him back. Knowing he was watching my legs, my fist came up and I punched him in the stomach and then I ran to the staircase and raced back towards the service entrance. I heard him behind me but I didn’t stop, I sped up and ran into a nearby office building to throw him off so I could slip away.

It worked because he didn’t find me. I hurried back to the dorm, changing and putting ice on my cheek.

“Dammit, there is just too many of them.” I said sighing. I couldn’t exactly look out for them all.

I checked my bruises in the mirror and they throbbed. “Minji, you got lucky today.” I said to myself and I curled up on the couch and this time I let myself fall asleep.

I am a very light sleeper so when the guys came back, I knew, but I stayed curled up, leaving my breathing even. I heard them talking.

“Oh food!” Sungyeol said happily and then I heard the sound of the crinkling of the plastic bag and paper bag, followed by the sound of a microwave. “Be quiet. Eunji is sleeping.” L hushed him. “Should I scoop her up and put her on one of the beds?” I heard Hoya asked.

“Didn’t you get injured?” I heard Dongwoo ask. “Not really.” He said and I heard shuffling and then a groan. “Don’t hit me where she punched me.” He sighed. “Did you get beat by a girl?” Sunggyu laughed softly. “I did not. Sungjong messed me up.” He grumbled.

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from smiling.

“I said I was sorrrryyyy.” The maknae whined.

“Good thing the job wasn’t botched. L took care of it.” Sunggyu said.

Very sloppy guys. I thought in my head. They trusted me more than I thought. But at the same time it didn’t exactly feel good.

“The food is great. I’m so hungry and tired.” Sungyeol sighed. “Let’s get some sleep soon.” Sunggyu said. Then I felt a figure approach me and gently put a blanked on me. Must be Woohyun, I thought to myself.

“Don’t wake her pabo.” I heard a hushed whisper, but I decided I found out enough for the night and let sleep take me again.