Oh no you didn't

Infinitely Dangerous

 

I read off the address and she sent the blueprints and layout of the building to the tablet installed in the car.

“Here. After we take care of the job in the penthouse, this is the most efficient exit.” I pointed out.

“We should both take different routes and meet there. That way we won’t be stuck together.” Pan ni suggested.

“I take this one. You take this one.” I pointed and she nodded. We put on our face masks and after parking the car we slipped into the property.

I was so used to avoiding security cameras that they didn’t really concern me anymore.

I ran up staircase B and I had my gun at the ready.

But when I got to the penthouse I heard loud voices coming from inside. Something wasn’t right. I stood back and shot the lock before kicking the door open.

I came face to face with Hoya and Dongwoo who were shooting the three people. From the disarray of the room, there definitely was struggle. Splayed across the table were stacks of Benjamins.

“It’s you again.” Dongwoo said voice serious and he shot at me. I rolled out of the way just in time.

They set me up. They put both the guys and I on the same job.

“Now that’s no way to welcome a friend.” I said calmly. I surveyed the area. “Good work on the job, but you forgot something.” I shot three times in succession at the closet door and we all heard a thud against the door. I teased it open with my leg and the body of another guy fell out.

Hoya’s eyes widened.

But he wasn’t impressed for long because he went for me trying to hit me with the of his gun. He could shoot met and just get rid of me once and for all but he was trying too subdue me instead?

I grabbed his hand when it came down towards me and twisted his wrist and ejected the magazine from his gun. He dropped his gun and his free hand when into a side punch.

“I’ll pay you back for hurting Eunji.” He said bitingly. I grinned under my mask but of course he couldn’t see.

“I doubt it.” I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Dongwoo aim for me but then Pan ni burst through the door way and kicked the gun out of his hands. She had surprise on her side for that second, but he regained his composure and kicked out at her. She blocked it but she slid back a bit.

“Another one?” he asked and grabbed Pan ni’s arm twisting it before he kicked her in the side.

She just let out a small gasp of pain and grabbed his leg. She widened and stabilized her stance to hook her foot behind his and she slammed her palm into his chest making him lose his balance and fall back.

“I wouldn’t be worrying about your friend.” Hoya suddenly said and his fist connected with my jaw and I staggered back. I ran forward and grabbed his arm keeping him in place as I swung around to kick him in the chest. He took my kick with a grunt of pain but he grabbed me around my lower calf and since I was off balance he pushed me against the wall, hard. My back hit the wall first and I felt the shock of the impact. I managed to duck as he kicked for my head.

From my low position, my foot shot out to hook behind his foot and pull to make him fall back. Without a second thought I brought my knee down on his chest to keep him on the floor. “I like the way you fight, but I think I win this one.” He winced at my knee but when I spoke his lips twitched with a hint of a smile. “You forgot to calculate one thing. You’re light.” Realization suddenly hit me that I forgot to pin his hands and he grabbed me around the waist and threw me to the ground and pinned my arms.

“I’m curious as who you are though.” And his hand reached for my mask. My eyes widened. “Not so fast.” I heard Pan ni say and suddenly Hoya was off me. Pan ni managed to shove Dongwoo into Hoya and she grabbed my arm helping me up. “Let’s go!” she said. “Not yet!” I said running over the table and grabbing something off it before I ran out the door. Dongwoo got up before Hoya did and he tried to stop us but Pan ni used the of her gun to knock him in the arm and in that second we managed to slip away.

Did that mean we stopped? No. We kept running until we were at the car.

Pan ni got in and started the car. She was panting just like I was, trying to catch her breath. “They’re good. Really good. We got lucky.” She said starting to drive. And then she glared at me. “What did you grab? Do not tell me you almost made us unable to escape because you wanted to grab a stack of bills.”

I glared at her. “No. I got this.” I took it out of my coat and showed her the cd. “A cd?” she asked.

“How did you know we had to get that?” she asked. “I don’t know exactly but everything was a mess and this cd was the only thing on the table that wasn’t touched. Call it my instinct.” I said and she looked at the cd before throwing her eyes back to the road.

“Were they supposed to be there tonight? Where were the others?” she asked. “I don’t know. But I’ll find out soon.” I said and my expression darkened. I might have had to do what they wanted right now but I didn’t like going into a situation blind. And that is what they did to me. And I was going to get to the bottom of it.

“Here.” She tossed me a bag. “Quick ice packs.” She clarified. “Pop me one. He socked me in the jaw.” She grumbled. I popped one and she took it and held it to her jaw. I also popped one for myself and held it against my own jaw. Of course my back throbbed too but no ice pack was big enough for that.

“He tried to break my shin.” Pan ni muttered angrily. “Well we could have easily done the same. Don’t forget that.” I said.

“I have a feeling they are just going to make you do harder missions. I bet this was a test.” She said. “Just floor it. We need to get back before the guys do and get in bed. After parking the car we changed back into our outfits and got the dorm. Fortunately the guys weren’t back yet and we slipped into out sleeping positions to go to sleep and no one was the wiser.