Walk-in Ambush

Infinitely Dangerous

After leaving Woohyun, I got into the car and sped out of the compound. I had read that file in the matter of a minute. All the details were committed to memory already. Belle was going to die today. Her death was long overdue. That should have died the night I stuck that knife into Claire's heart. I was headed towards the ocean. In my head, I tried to come up with all the ways I could kill Son Mi to get revenge for Mels. But whichever way it was, it was going to be slow, painful and satisfying.

I never killed because I liked it. It was my job and was was spectacularly good at it. I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear my phone go off until after a few rings. I picked up, surprised it was Celestia.

"I know you wanted to do this mission alone. But you did not let me finish. I'm sending you help. You may refuse it all you like. As my asset you are to listen to my orders." and she hung up on me. I was about to put my phone down and it rang again. This time it was Pan ni. "Belle." the single name was enough. "Yes." I answered. "I want to be the one to kill her." she said. "Pan ni." I said her name, voice controlled. "It's my right. Son Mi is yours." she said and I gave a harsh sigh. "I'm already halfway there." I said. "So am I." she replied. "I expect you to have my back Minji. You know that as an assassin I deserve this retribution." she said.

"Fine." I ground out. I felt goosebumps break out along my skin. It was like my body was tensing, getting ready for the killing onslaught I was going to go on. Belle would have to be stupid to be alone at the oceanside villa. And she proved that she was a very sneaky .

Was Choi Son Mi going to be there, I doubted it. If this was a trap like I already assumed, Belle and a force of people would be ready for us. But what they didn't know was they would all be dying tonight.

After another twenty-five minute drive, I saw it. The large mansion overlooked the ocean sitting on top of the cliff. It was a beautiful house. but under tonight's moon it had a very wierd feeling to it.

 

I saw Pan ni's car and my eyes went to search for her under the cover of darkness and then someone was behind me and I spun around with my fist going out. Pan ni caught my fist, face grim. "Nice welcome." she said a ghost of a smile on her face now.

"Don't do that again if you like your bones unbroken." I warned. I went to the trunk of the car and opened it. I slipped four knives into my boots. I holstered two guns and two extra magazines. I twirled my hair into a bun and stuck two wicked sharp silver chopsticks into it. I slid another knife into the spot on the special belt. There was no need to hide he weapons. Our intentions were clear and they knew that we were coming.

Pan ni handed me a sheet with the blue print of the house and the grounds. "I already know." I said eyes trained on the house. "Get ready Belle. Your grim reapers are coming." I whispered.

"And they leave no survivors." Pan ni added after me. Pan ni and I split up as soon as we neared. We could cover more ground that way and stay hidden in the shadows. I stepped inside the house through the side door and was immediately attacked. Someone elbow came at my windpipe and I ducked and came up with a punch to the guard's jaw. I punched his face next and broke his nose. Even then, he managed to land a solid blow to my side and I didn't let myself register the pain and grab his hand and gave a hard jerk. The crunch of his neck breaking gave me a rush. My first kill tonight. There would be more.

I let his body gently to the ground. He must've thought he could take me because he didn't yell for his friends when he had the chance. Stupidity.

I recalled the blue print in my head and moved around. But suddenly the floor that had been all dark was showered in bright light. They changed the floor. There was no seperate walls and separate rooms. Everything had been knocked down. It became one  wide floor and there was a small stage on the far end of the room. And someone was chained up to it. My blood went cold.

Belle was wearing all black like me and her eyes met mine and her lips curled into a mocking smile.

The shirtless figure was limp on his chains but I didn't need to see his face to know he was. I grew up with him. I loved him like family.

Belle walked over to him like she had all the time in the world, and grabbed his hair and jerked his head back. Taemin's face was bruised and his cheek was swollen. Dried blood caked the side of his face. "Lee Taemin." Belle said his name so I could hear. "Don't touch him." my voice said and Belle smiled even wider. 'Thanks for that." she said and she ran a hand down the side of his face, her fingers his neck gently. "Now I know it bothers you."

I felt my muscles tense and my anger rise.

I heard a noise and I saw Pan ni reveal herself. There were guards next to the small stage. I counted a dozen in my first glance. But they didn't bother me. They didn't even register on my danger radar.

I pulled out my gun in the next second and trained it on Belle. She smiled and revealed a small knife in the hand she had near Taemin's throat. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." she said.

I stared at her.
"You'll be dead before you can cut him." I said dangerously. "Maybe. Then the guards will do their first priority and that is to pump him so full of bullets , he'll look like a target at the practice range." she smiled easily.

I didn't change the line of my sight. "Why is Taemin here. I thought he was going back to Japan." I growled at Pan ni. "He was. His plane left yesterday." she said back harshly. "Oh I enjoy you two fighting but Pan ni has no fault. Taemin is an assassin but he couldn't watch a little girl who was in pain sit there crying by herself." she said with a mocking tone of gentleness. "Didn't expect her to lead him right to five of our men." she said.

"You use children? That's sick." I said. "Well, by any means necessary. You're an assassin, don't act so high and mighty. You used cheap tricks before." Belle said coldly.

"What do you want?" Pan ni asked and Belle laughed. "Well it is about time you were compliant." and I knew Pan ni was itching to throw her knife.

"Let's wake him, shall we?" and in the next moment, Belle swung her elbow and hit Taemin in the chest. She probably fractured his ribs if they weren't already because he came to with a hacking cough. His eyes fluttered open. "Minji. Pan ni." he breathed painfully. I felt a wave of pain come to me but I shut it out and stiffened. No more being weak.

"Drop your weapons." Belle said. When Pan ni and I hesitated she drew her knife along Taemin's forearm and the cut started bleeding. Taemin didn't let out a sound.

I dropped my guns and stared at her. Belle stared at me. "Your hair sticks." she said and I pull them out of my hair while staring her straight in the eye and tossing them right next to my guns. "Pan ni." and Pan ni did the same, her expression hard.

"Now kneel, both of you." she said. "I'm not kneeling to you." I said. She giggled. "I was so hoping you would say that." and she took the small knife and stabbed Taemin in the side. My eyes widened, all i heard was my heart in my ears. Taemin couldn't even curl up in pain because he was chains and he cried out in pain. It broke my already shattered heart.

I sank to me knees, feeling unwilling tears sting my eyes. Pan ni also sank to her knees. She pulled out the knife and Taemin convulsed in pain. "I'll make your death quick. Taemin wants to watch, no?" she cupped his chin and he jerked out of her hand. "Tsk." she said and she pointed to me suddenly. Taemin cried out. "No!"

Pain exploded in my shoulder. I gasped from the blinding pain. One of the guards shot me.

"I have plans for all three of you." and then suddenly there were gunshots outside. And then in the next instant, two of the guards near the stage were taken out. Then another two. They now broke formation and were looking around for their attackers and I took this to grab my guns and shot at Belle. She dived off the stage and to the side behind a piece of furniture. I heard two clicks and Pan ni was shooting non stop at the couch as she stood up and walked to it. "Pan ni!" i tackled her as a knife sailed over her head. Belle had stood up and threw it. "I don't think you'll have time for me." she said and in the next instant, she threw a knife at Taemin and hit him in abdomen. He bent over as much as his chains allowed in pain. Sweat matted his forehead and his wound was gushing blood.  "You ing !" I growled and shot at her with the gun in my good hand. I only grazed her shoulder before she disppeared. I started to run and someone grabbed my arm. Sunggyu.

"If you do not ing let go of me right now. I will kill you where you stand." I growled with a primal hate.

He didn't answer that. "Hoya, grab Taemin and take him back." he said and Hoya appeared, swinging his gun to his back and unshackled Taemin. My childhood friend sagged but Hoya caught him. "Are you going to be alright?" Hoya shouted. "Yes." Sunggyu replied. "Let's go after Belle.' and Pan ni didn't even wait for his sentence to be over before bolting after Belle.

"! Don't charge head first. Wait for me!" I said and shook Sunggyu off and ran after her. "Minji!" I heard him call after me.