What hurts the most

Infinitely Dangerous

 

“Your two guns are back there too.” Melina said. “Ah, I missed you!” I said my finger running along the gun. Melina has them engraved and gave them to me for my 16th birthday.

One of them read, “Never stop fighting” and the other read “Never give up”.

“A 20 year old should not be that happy to see guns.” She said jokingly. “You gave them to me, so they mean all the much more.” I grabbed the facemask and hooked it behind my ears.

“Alright. So this man is a biochemist? And he’s been commissioned to create something by one of the druglords that are dominating the scene right now. And this could be even worse than ?”

“That's what Shadow sent us. I don’t know, but when do we even ask questions if we’re getting paid.” She said.

“Never.” I answered and checked my guns and stuck them in my belt holsters. I slipped a full magazine into my boot just as Melina dropped me a block away from the large mansion right by the ocean.

“Here’s the layout.” She handed me a piece of paper and I looked it over quickly noting the exits.

“Done.” I handed it back to her. “Infinite should be here by now as well, so be careful.”

It was a beautiful house, a section of the roof was modified to extend towards the ocean, giving an uninterrupted view. “Drugs probably paid for that house.” I grumbled.

Everything was grand and modern. The more I looked at it the house, the more I wanted to get the job over with. I gave Melina a high five for good luck and I got out and snuck into the shadows of the trees and continued to the house. Infinite was probably coming from the other side of the house because Melina had purposely took a roundabout way.

I slipped passed the gate and maneuvered around the security cameras. Everything seemed quiet. The lights of the house were on, but I would betmoney that he was in the book room on the third floor.

I picked the lock on the door in no time flat and slipped in. I slipped into the coat closet when I heard a voice. I strained against the door to hear, but the voice was so soft I didn’t even know if it was one of the guys.

I took one of my guns out of the holster and held it in ready position. After I made sure the coast was clear, I made my way upstairs, my eyes and ears open to any movement.

I was almost at the reading room when someone grabbed the back and of my neck and tried to kick my knees from under me. I twisted and jumped so I could use both legs to kick off the wall and throw him off balance. I whirled around and I saw Hoya.

“It’s you again.” his eyes narrowed. His objective had probably been to distract me because I felt someone behind me and moved out of the way before he could punch me. Dongwoo’s knuckles grazed my cheek.

This was bad. I couldn’t fight them both off at the same time. I decided to take a chance and after taking a deep breath I charged at Dongwoo. He was ready for me and threw a kick at my ribs which I took the hit for, despite how much it hurt, and grabbed his leg and swept his stable leg from under him making him fall back.

That was a trick Melina used on me before.

While he was down and Hoya rushed to help his friend up, I ran into the reading room, kicking the door open and ran to the middle aged man at the desk and trained my gun on him.

He didn’t seem surprised. “I knew this day would come.” He said softly. “Someone was bound to find out I created  the drug that harmed someone they cared about and try to get revenge.”

I didn’t understand why he was talking so much, but when I was about to pull the trigger, I heard a whoosh so I moved slightly, but I still felt stinging pain on my arm. A small knife embedded itself into the mahogany table. I looked at the cut that was now on my arm. The knife had cut through the fabric and my skin.

“I won’t miss next time.” Sungjong came out behind one of the curtains by the balcony door. His expression was hard and serious.

Hoya and Dongwoo came in through the door and assessed the scene.

They had also effectively blocked my exits.

“Where is it?” I turned to the man. He turned around slowly and took out a briefcase and opened it for me to see. There were a dozen vials of blue substance, in powdered and in liquid form.

“Well boys, I need to take my leave.” I said and shot the man unflinchingly. They moved in the next instant and Sungjong threw another knife at me but I used the newly stolen briefcase to deflect it. I ran for Sungjong because he was probably the weaker of the three on the physical combat side.

I was right because instead of trying to punch or kick me, he reached for another knife and in that second of hestiation, I hit him with the briefcase. His body jerked back and his expression filled with pain, but I didn’t have time to worry about his injuries because Hoya swung for me.  I was faster so I ducked and ran out to the balcony and like the layout showed, there were stairs going to the veranda on the roof. I knew they were right behind me so I didn’t dare stop for a second.

I ran towards the ledge overlooking the ocean, but I felt someone suddenly slip out of the shadows and kick me right in the ribs. My breath was knocked out me and I dropped my gun. It skidded out of my reach. I threw the briefcase as well so it slid to where I wanted it to be.

I would be retrieving it soon. I needed to both hands to fight, but I could just barely hide my surprise when I came face to face with Woohyun. My jaw tightened and blocked his incoming punch.

I grabbed his wrist and twisted but he used his right leg to kick out and it hit the top of my thigh and I felt my knee give a little. . . . I chanted to myself like a mantra.

I had another gun, but I didn’t want to pull it out on them if I didn't have to.

His expression was serious and dark, nothing like the playful flirt who scooped me up this morning. He wasn’t injured so even though I was blocking his blows, he was wearing me down fast and then I knew I was out of time, when I felt someone move on me from behind.

I ducked Hoya’s punch and tried to sweep his feet out from under him. Woohyun didn’t waste anytime on utilizing my suddenly scattered attention and kicked out. He nailed my back and sent me pitching forward. I rolled out of the way, trying to ignore the pain.

I was breathing hard now and sweat was forming on my forehead.

I took a fighting ready stance but I had to move out of the way because Sungjong threw another deadly knife my way. This one knicked my shoulder. “I’m going to kill her.”

“Why don’t you tell us who you are. Because we have you surrounded and you aren’t going anywhere.” Hoya said.

“I think it’s the same one from the hotel.” He said for the guy’s benefit, not mine. “Well she already botched half our job in killing him. We need that briefcase.”

“Sungyeol now!” Woohyun suddenly yelled and Sungyeol appeared from the other side of the roof where another ladder must’ve been.

I ran for my gun and the briefcase, but Hoya grabbed my arm and twisted it painfully in the socket trying to pin it behind me. Dongwoo moved while he had me held and struggling, to punch me in the stomach. Gritting my teeth against the pain I kicked out and managed to side kick Dongwoo in the side. I twisted in Hoya’s grip and stomped on his instep, making him loosen his grip and I whirled out of his grasp. I went into a roll and picked up my gun and the briefcase.

I knew I had to face them now. I turned around and Sungyeol had joined us. Except for Sungjong, Hoya, Dongwoo, and Woohyun pulled out a gun and trained it at me. My gun was trained on Woohyun.

“Give me a reason why we shouldn’t just shoot you down right now.” Sungyeol growled, pulling the safety on his gun with a click.

“Wait.” Sunggyu came up on the roof now. He didn’t have a gun in his hand at the moment but I saw the all too familiar indentation of a gun on his belt.

“We need to get some answers first.” He said coming into the semi circle the guys had made around me. Sungjong palmed two new knives, ready to throw them at me.

My mind was going a mile a minute. It didn’t help that the new pain was adding to the old.

“Because I have you precious little girlfriend.” I said and shocked passed through their faces. “I’ve been watching.” I continued. “That skinny girl that is living in your dorm right now? I used the of my gun to knock her out and handed her to my partner.”

“Give her back.” Woohyun demanded and I laughed. “Tsk, tsk, tsk. Never let anyone know you care about another person. Maybe I’ll have her killed now. You guys are a lot of trouble. Maybe her death will shake you guys up.”

I saw their hands visibly tighten on the guns.

I wanted to make them angry because assassins needed to be calm to think clearly. It was easier to avoid angry gunshots then a carefully aimed and calculated ones.

“If you so much as touch her again, I’ll shoot you enough times to turn you into swiss cheese.” Sungyeol said.

They were stupid to care about me. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Suddenly a gunshot hit the ground near my feet. I realized I forget L. The sniper. Right now I couldn’t see him, which was bad for me.

“Tell us where she is.” Sunggyu said.

“And then you can shoot me to death? No thanks.” I said. “Who do you work for?” Sunggyu asked.

“Myself.” I said. “I don’t believe that lie.” he said calmly and I had to admit, he was a cool headed leader when I was sure Woohyun, Hoya and Sungyeol were ready to pull the trigger.

“Where is Eunji?” he asked. “Unconscious? I don’t know.” I replied cooly.”But she’ll be dead really soon if I don’t get out of here. My partner will kill her if I don’t make it back.”

“She’s lying hyung. Let me shoot her.” Woohyun said. “Am I? Are you willing to bet her life on it?” I raised an eyebrow.

His jaw tightened at my question.

“We’ll let you go as long as you tell her where she is. And she better be alive.” Sunggyu suddenly said. “Hyung!” Sungyeol looked at Sunggyu appalled that he would agree to my demand.

“That’s it!” Woohyun said and suddenly I felt pain exploded in my leg. I grabbed the gushing wound with my briefcase hand but blood was spilling out between my fingers and dripping down my leg and the briefcase. “Tell us where she is.”

My leg was on fire. I prayed he didn’t hit an artery. “Woohyun!” the leader turned to his younger member, face angry now.

“That’s alright. I’m planning on returning the favor.” I said but I was breathless from pain now. I trained my gun in Woohyun’s direction but I didn’t plan on hurting him and I pulled the trigger. But the same time I heard the thwack of my silencer, I heard another one and this time pain exploded in my side.  My bullet just hit the floor precisely at Woohyun’s feet. Hoya had shot me in the side. I dropped the gun in pain and my hand flew to my new wound. My vision was blackening around the edges.

“I wasn’t going to shoot him.” I said gasping in pain. I felt pain somewhere else. In my chest. It didn’t hurt like a gunshot wound but I knew that I cared that they were the ones who shot me.

“Bye.” I said and turned around and jumped off the roof and into the ocean. I heard two gunshots follow me but I was just relieved at cold numbness that the water brought to my injuries. I was closing my eyes when I saw a familiar shape grab me before my world went black.

------------------------------------------

Ahhh action :3