Surpriseee?

Infinitely Dangerous

 

He knocked on the door and Hoya opened it. “Eunji!” he completely ignored Daniel and wrapped me in a tight hug. “I picked her up wandering the street, and she said she lived here. So I’m just making sure she gets back safe and sound.” He chuckled.

I guess that was the cover story because Sunggyu came to the door and they exchanged a quick look before Daniel said goodbye and left.

Hoya finally let go of me but when I got inside I was bombarded with hugs from everyone. Woohyun waited to be the last one and he crushed me to his chest. I bit my lip from gasping in pain, but I closed my eyes. After six days of not feeling any warmth. This was the best I could ask for. I hugged him back gently.

“What happened?” Sungyeol asked when they finally gave me room to breathe. “I don’t know. After you guys left that day I was getting ready to go when I heard noises and then someone knocked me out. Every time I would wake up, they would put me under again. I’m just really tired…” I said and I wasn’t lying. I could sleep for days if I could. I leaned against Hoya and I let myself fall asleep for once because this was the safest I felt in a long time.

I woke up around dinnertime. Woohyun and Sungjong were in the kitchen. “Oh you’re awake.” L said handing me a glass of water. “Yeah.” I said softly downing the glass.

“How are you feeling?” Sunggyu said sitting down next to L. “Better.” I said. “I’m thinking we should put a tracker on you so we’ll know where you are.” Sungyeol chimed in. I laughed nervously. He didn’t know how close he hit to home.

“Do you guys want to go for a walk after dinner?” I asked. “Sure.” Sunggyu smiled. “And we’ll all be here to protect you.” Hoya said sitting next to me.

“I’m not some delicate flower.” I glared slightly. “We’ll just treat you like one.” He winked.

“Stop flirting. Dinner is served.” Sungjong called and we all got up to help bring the stuff to the table as we sat around it. “Here.” Woohyun said putting meat and kimchi in my bowl. “G-gomawo.” I smiled and his face relaxed into a returning smile.

“Hyung is only nice to girls.” Sungjong laughed. “Well I’m not going to be cute for you.” He chuckled and looked at me. “Ne?” he winked. “Ah Woohyun hyung, just eat your kimchi fried rice.” Hoya dumped a spoonful into his bowl.

I smiled at Hoya. We left the dishes for later and we grabbed our sweaters before walking to the nearby park. We were joking around on the playground set when someone called my name. “Eunji Unni!” I turned around and I couldn’t believe what I saw.

Pan ni. Ethan’s student and partner. She ran up to us looking excited and smiling. Her acting definitely got better from before, I noted.

“Eunji? Who is she?” Dongwoo asked. “I’m her little sister!” She smiled and bowed introducing herself as Pan ni which surprised me.

“Oh, I thought your little sister was a lot younger.” L observed. “Ani. We’re about the same age.” I clarified.

“Pan ni, what are you doing here? Where Halmulhnee?” I asked tone careful.

“I managed to send Halmulhnee on a vacation so the goons chasing appa won’t be able to get to her. But after I took her to the airport I saw those loan sharks staking out her house so I knew I couldn’t go back. I knew I need to find you.” Her face turned sad.

“I remembered you said Infinite saved you so I’ve been looking around here for hours…” She yawned for emphasis.

“You can stay with us like Eunji until this blows over.” Sunggyu said getting up from the grass.

“Jeongmal?!” she asked. “Thank you.” She bowed.

“Well let’s get back.” Dongwoo said and we headed back to the dorm. “You guys don’t look very much alike.” Woohyun observed.

“Different mothers.” I replied quickly. He nodded understanding.

“Well you and Pan ni can share my room.” Woohyun offered. “Ani. We’re going to kick each other to death.” I laughed. He blinked. “Woohyun, you can take the floor and I’ll take the bed, if you want. Pan ni wouldn’t mind taking the couch right?” I asked her. “Of course not unni.” She smiled.

“Wait a second.” Hoya said but I interrupted him. “Guys I need to talk to my sister in private.” I grabbed her hand and pulled her to Woohyun’s room and locked the door. I whirled on her and glared at her.

“Do you have any idea what you have just done?” I asked her in a harsh whisper. “That’s what you say to me when I came to save you?” she asked. Pan ni and I knew each other since we were little but because our mentors didn’t get along well, neither did we.

“And why do you want to sleep with a guy in the room? You have a thing for him?” she asked sitting down on Woohyun’s bed.

“No. It’s because you need to leave. You are putting Melina in danger. And anyone who puts my godmother in danger is going to get it from me.” I growled softly.

She blinked. “Melina and Ethan worked together to try to integrate me in here.” She said getting up.

“You really think they let me go alive and well with no strings attached? I’m being watched and they are threatening my every move.” I said fists clenched. “Them?” she pointed to the door meaning the guys outside. “No, they don’t even know who I am. It’s their company. They said if they even get a whiff of me trying anything funny, they’re going to kill Mels. I know you probably don’t give a but I do.”

“This is worse than we first assessed then.” She said putting her hand underneath her chin.

I sighed.

“I can probably stay under their radar for a while, though.” She whispered back. “I can get in contact with Ethan and Melina and we can decide what to do next. I don’t think your godmother appreciate her life being threatened to control you.”

She sighed. “I rushed back from Budapest, and just like you, when I’m given a mission I want it to be complete.” She held out her hand.

“No we probably don’t speak more than a few times a year and that usually when our mentors go at each other’s necks but I respect you and I want to get you out of here.” She raised an eyebrow.

“You’re not half bad yourself.” I finally said and slapped my hand into hers for a firm handshake.

“Oh, and here.” She took my two guns out of her crossbody bag. I grabbed them and hid them in my duffel bag.

“Melina got the guns back. She said you don’t feel right without them.” And Pan ni smiled. “Alright. Just becareful.” I warned her and she laughed. “Don’t worry about me. I can handle whatever happens.” I gave a look showing her I had my doubts and she just waved me off. “Well let’s go back to them, shall we?” and she went to open the door.

“Here.” Hoya handed me a slice of apple when we came back out and sat down. Sungjong kept the conversation going by asking how was her time was in New York City and I just zoned out nibbling on the apple. The story was generic but very believable because we have been there before. There wouldn’t be any problems with information making no sense.

“Gwenchana?” Sunggyu suddenly asked me, whispering in my ear. I blinked. “Ah…ne.” I said giving him a half smile. “Don’t tired yourself out, we’re going to take care of everything ne?” he smiled and I couldn’t help but smile back. His eye smile was adorable.

“Woohyun can come sleep in our room.” Sunggyu said.

“Ani! It’s already really small.” He whined.

“It’s fine. I’m sure Woohyun will be fine on the floor.” I said and he smiled. “Ne.”

“Ani, Ani. It’s still not right. Jamkkaman yo.” Hoya said. “He can sleep in Sungyeol’s room. He has the biggest room to himself.”

“I would love hyung’s company!” Sungyeol chuckled slinging his arm around his shoulder.

“Let Minji have her own room.” He smiled.

I rolled my eyes visibly and I caught Pan ni raising an eyebrow.

“Are you really okay with the couch?” Dongwoo asked Pan ni.

“Ah, gwenchana yo. It’s pretty comfortable.” And for emphasis she did a mini hop in her seat and smiled at him.

I sighed internally. I felt bad for integrating more lies into my relationship with Infinite. I shook my head slightly. Why are you worried about them? I asked myself and what surprised me is that I had no clear answer.

Suddenly I noticed that my stupid prisoner bracelet was flashing a red light so I excused myself and went into the bathroom. The small screen on it that was blank now had a string of numbers go across it.

I memorized them and blinked. It was one of the assassin codes I learned. I needed to leave the dorm and meet Daniel.

I had just gotten back, why would they ask me to do something already?

I sighed because I knew no matter what I needed to follow those orders. “Pan ni.” I called her when I came out of the bathroom. She was playing a video game with Dongwoo. “Hmm?” she said. “I need to go to the pharmacy.” I said and her expression was suddenly serious. She paused the game and handed the controller to Sungjong.

“I can go for you.” Hoya said getting up. “Ani. It’s to buy female stuff.” And sudden everything became a bit awkward but I knew that was the only excuse to keep the guys away.

“Well you two should go together. I don’t feel really good about letting you two out on your own.” Sunggyu said eyebrows furrowed.

“It’s fine oppa. We’ll be back soon.” I said and Pan ni and I left. On the elevator I told her about the bracelet and the order I got to meet him.