It's you

62 Days

 

Jessica quickly tried to cover her face in time before anyone spots her. But after a while of people ignoring her, she remembered no one could actually see her. Jessica looked around and no fans were approaching her. A smile creped on her face, she hadn’t been able to experience this in a while.

“HI, I’M SNSD’S Jessica. DO YOU WANT MY AUTOGRAPH?!?!”

She screamed on the top of her lungs, still no one gave a crap about her. No one could hear or see her. She was so happy she jumped up and down cheering.

“Ah, maybe this isn’t so bad after all.”

She figured she was already in front of her dorm, why not pay her members a visit? She walked in front of her door but remembered she didn’t have her keys with her.

“Shoot, what should I do? Maybe I should ring the doorbell”

She held up her finger and pressed it against the button on the wall. But her finger seemed to have gone right through the wall.

“OMO”

She gasped. Then she used the same hand to push it through the front doors. As expected it went right through.

“woah, this is cool”

Jessica leapt a foot through the doors and it had gone through just like her hands. Soon her entire body was already inside the building.

“Oh my god, I just walked through a door. This is epic!”

Squealing, she looked around the lobby to try and spot anyone. But the only person there was a security behind the front desk. He seemed to be looking at her direction and stared weirdly for a second. Then he got off his chair and started walking towards her.

“He can see me? But that’s impossible, TOP said only my soul mate….NO!!! Ew, he’s in his forties already. Ew!”

The closer the security got, the more scared she got. He stopped right in front of her and Jessica almost felt her heart stopped.

But then he walked right passed her to the front door.

“huh?”

He fixed the position of the poster of the doors, for it was contorted.

“huh, that’s weird I could have sworn it was straight a few seconds ago.”

The security walked back to his desk and picked up his newspaper. Jessica let out a relieving sigh and wiped the cold sweat on her forehead.

“wow that was scary.”

Jessica made her way towards the elevators, only to find one problem. Her fingers would just go through the buttons. But that didn’t stop her from trying. She kept trying to hit the buttons until her hands grew tired.

“ugh, this is so frustrating! Come on hand, just ONE. LITTLE. PUSH!

Jessica concentrated all her thoughts into pushing the button and to her surprise, actually worked. She could hear the bell and the button light up.

“Yay!”

She got in quickly before it closes again. She tried to push the buttons that tells the elevator which floor to stop at. But once again her fingers went through again.

“ugh this is frustrating. Ok Jessica, just concentrate.”

She tried again like the last time. Luckily this time it worked.

“Yes! Wow this is pretty easy, looks like I just had to get used to it”

Jessica happily skipped around the elevator waiting for it to being her to her dorm. When the door closed, it made a ‘ding’ sound. The security guard looked up from his newspaper and stared at the elevator.

“That’s weird. I really shouldn’t have drank that much yesterday, I'm getting hallucinations.”

The security shook his head and went back to read.

 

*

 

*ding

The elevator stopped at the 8th floor and its doors opened. Jessica came out and walked in front of a light pink door. They let Tiffany choose the paint when they decided to redecorate the house.

Jessica gathered her thoughts together once again and entered right through the door. Inside she found Yoona and Sunny playing video games on the T.V. She walked in front of them and waved her hands in front of their faces.

“Hey! Hey it’s me do you hear me?”

But neither Yoona nor Sunny moved one inch. Their eyes were still glued to the T.V. screen behind Jessica. She looked around and thought of something evil. A smile slowly came across her face.

Jessica walked towards their gaming system and placed her finger on the power button.

“Oh it looks like you guys are about to beat your high scores. It would be a pity if someone did this”

She pressed the power button and the T.V. screen suddenly became blank.

“WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED?!”

“I was about to beat my high score. Yah! Sunny did you accidentally hit the remote or something?”

“That wasn’t me, it was probably you and your long legs that accidentally like the plugs”

“It wasn’t me!”

The duo kept going at it with each other. Jessica was sitting at the couch laughing her off.

“That’s for ignoring me and putting cucumbers in my pillow”

Jessica stuck her tongue out at them. They were still arguing about whose fault it was until Yuri came out of her room.

“Yah, what are you guys arguing about this time?”

“Sunny turned the game off right before I was about to beat her. Cheater!”

“Ha! Im Yoona, I bet you turned it off behind my back because you were afraid I was going to beat you”

The argument continued and Yuri had to come between them again. Jessica walked up to Yuri and waved her hands in front of her face like she did with Yoona and Sunny. But just like the others, Yuri failed to notice her.

Just then the front door opened. Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun walked in with their purses.

“Unnie! Did you buy the chocolate I told you about?”

Yoona seemed to have forgotten about her fight with Sunny when she approached Tiffany. Tiffany smiled and dug into her purse. She pulled out a navy blue box filled with goodies and gave it to the doe eyed girl.

The three girls that just came in did not talk to Jessica at all, they didn’t even look at her. The closest she got to eye contact with them was when Taeyeon looked Jessica’s direction for a half second before going to the bathroom. Even if Taeyeon were to somehow see Jessica she wouldn’t have done anything anyways. This has been going on for a few years now. Taeyeon and Jessica used to be the bestest friends before, but like everything in the world it had to come to an end. Jessica didn’t know why or what happened, but all she could remember was Taeyeon stared acting all acerbic towards her for the past years. Because of that they started drifting apart, Jessica had Yuri and Taeyeon had Tiffany. Now a days they completely ignore each other, though there were times when Jessica tried and tried to revive their friendship, but to no avail.

Her members were sitting around laughing and chatting. For the first time Jessica had felt alone.

“What if I never find my so called soul mate? Then, I’ll vanish….”

 

Jessica got up from the couch and decided to go somewhere else for her soul searching. It was pretty chilly outside so she decided to get a sweater first. When she was heading for her room, she suddenly remembered that Yuri had recently bought a new sweater that was really cute, but she wouldn’t let Jessica borrow it. This was her chance, if she’s going to look for her soul mate, the least she could do was look pretty while at it.

She skipped to the room Taeyeon and Yuri’s shared room. She walked through the door and went straight to Yuri’s closet. Jessica was making a mess trying to find the piece of clothing she wanted.

“What are you doing?”

The emotionless voice pierced through Jessica’s ears. She knew it was Taeyeon’s, she had a one of a kind voice. How on earth would Jessica not recognize it? Jessica thought she wasn’t talking to her for a second but then she remembered they were the only ones in the room. Jessica spun around and saw Taeyeon at the door with her arms crossed.

“ar….are you talking to me?”

“Well who else would I be talking to? The air?”

Taeyeon asked with an annoyed tone and let out a mocking chuckle. The emotions were all coming too fast for Jessica to handle. Taeyeon! Just when she was losing hope, Taeyeon saw her.

She ran up to her and gave the shorter girl a bear hug while letting her tears wet Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“OH MY GOD, you can see me!!!”