the bad news

62 Days

[A/N] hey guise :D it's a pretty long chapter so brace yourselves for this. oh and thanks for reading

 

 

Jessica was lightly snoring on the couch. It’s 1 pm, everyone is asleep in their own beds. Jessica would have been sleeping in her bed, too. But since Sooyoung, her lovely roommate, thought that Jessica wasn’t here, she put all her dirty clothes on her bed. The only place available was the couch, even though it was cold and hard that was her only option.

A door creaked open and light attacked the dark hallways. Taeyeon tippy toed quietly outside with a heavy blanket. She made her way towards the couch where Jessica was laying on. Taeyeon still had many doubts and questions about what Jessica had told her, but for she could only sigh at all the drama that was taking place. As if being a celebrity alone wasn’t enough already.

Just by looking at Jessica’s peaceful sleeping face, no one would have ever guessed what she is going through.

The fact that she couldn’t do anything to help was bothering Taeyeon. She’s always held the leader status even before they were a group. She’s always the one that fixes the mess her members make at the end. But this time, Jessica has gotten herself into something that wouldn’t be easy to get out of.

“She’s suffering and I can’t even do anything. I'm such a pathetic leader”

Taeyeon quietly scolded herself while trying to push Jessica’s bangs out of her face. She stole a few more glances at the sleeping beauty and went back to bed.

 

*

 

*the next morning*

 

“Taeyeon get your up already!”

Sooyoung’s screaming could be heard all the way over at the JYP building. All the girls have gotten up already, but strangely their leader, which was usually the one that wakes everyone up, was still in deep slumber.

Taeyeon twisted and turned before getting out of bed. She let out a loud yawn and stretched her arms.

“Shoot, I must have over slept.”

While walking out her room, a random blanket caught her sight. She went over and picked up the neatly folded piece of cloth by the end of her drawer. It was the same blanket she used to keep Jessica warm last night.

Taeyeon sprinted out of her room and into the living room. She went straight to the couch where Jessica spent the night yesterday. But all she could find was cushions neatly placed just like how she left them.

“Guys, where is Jessica again?”

“Taeng are you having short term memory lost or something? We told you she’s at her parents’ house. She must have spent the night there.”

All the pieces of the puzzle slowly assembled together.

It must have all be a dream. Taeyeon thought in her head.

Of course it was a dream. I just knew something like that wasn’t logical in the first place. So…none of that happened. Me being chased by the members, that hug, her sticking her head through my door. And that kiss…it never happened.

Taeyeon was relieved but also a little disappointed that everything that happened was made up. There was nothing she could do now except go on with life like the old Taeyeon.

“Tiffany pass me that bowl”

Tiffany pasted her the bowl of tuna. Everything was back to normal and it was just like any other morning.

“Hyoyeon unnie turn on the T.V. I want to see if Keroro is on”

Being the good unnie that she was, Hyoyeon reached over to the remote and snatched it out of Yuri’s hands.

“Hey! I was using that”

“Well too bad”

Hyoyeon turned the TV on tried to remember what channel  Keroro was on. She kept switching the channel trying to find it.

“will you stop that, it’s annoying. Just pick a chan…..”

“OMO HYOYEON GO BACK TO THE NEWS CHANNEL”

“Yah! Kwon Yuri, you didn’t have to yell”

“Just give me that damn remote!”

Yuri went over and snatched it out of her hands and tried to go back to the news channel.

[BREAKING] SNSD’s Jessica’s body was found in route 23

The whole room was silent, everyone’s ears perked up and ran over to the TV.

A member of the mega girl group GIRLS’ GERNERATION has been found unconscious in an abandoned highway just half an hour ago.  Her car has been wrecked from a car crash. The Seoul Police Team believes this to be a ‘hit and run’ case. An investigation will take place to find our mystery driver who has fled the crime scene without any trail what so ever.

The news broadcast cut to the scene of Jessica being brought into an ambulance in an emergency bed. She wasn’t moving at all, there were cuts and bruises all over her body. There were fans already surrounding the area crying and shouting for Jessica to recover soon and to put the guilty man behind bars.

The scene was cut again back to the news anchor.

We all hope for Jessica-ssi to have a fast recovery and for the police to catch whoever is responsible for this tragedy as soon as possible.

Taeyeon took the remote and turned the TV off. Some of girls were slowly starting to tear up.

This is all real…

That means everything that occurred actually happened…

“I was so stupid.”

Taeyeon’s trail of thoughts broke when Sooyoung spoke up. Tiffany tried to hide her teary eyes and went over to comfort the latter.

“Sooyoung…”

“No! Tiffany, I should have known something was up when sica didn’t call. I should have known. I'm her roommate.  Gosh, why am I so retarded?”

“Sooyoung! It’s not your fault. And now’s not the time to play the blame game. We need to go see sica. I’ll call our manager”

Yuri picked up her cell phone and dialed their manager’s number.

~

~

~

“Guys, manager oppa said she’s at the SEOUL CENTER HOSPITAL, room 405. Come on! He also said we have the whole day off”

Yuri grabbed her jacket and speed walked to the door. The rest of the girls quickly took their stuff and ran out of the door as well.

Taeyeon was the last one out the door. She was wondering where Jessica is right now. She wanted to search the dorm but Sunny’s voice called her back.

“Come on Taeyeon the car’s waiting for us. Hurry up already!”

“…Sunny I think I’m going to stay behind”

“What?! Aren’t you worried about how sica is doing right now?”

“Sunny just tell the others I’ll stay behind. I have my own reasons”

“Alright then…but just remember if you change your mind, you can join us anytime”

Taeyeon nodded and slightly pushed Sunny out the door to fasten her pace.

 

*

 

The drive to the hospital was quiet. No one dared to speak, the only sound coming from the van was Yoona secretly sobbing next to the window.

 

*

 

When they arrived at the hospital, the paparazzi was already crowding the front lobby, making it hard for anyone to get in. The security guards tried to hold them back but there was too many of them.

When few of them caught sight of Soshi, they swarmed around them flashing cameras. 

“Yoona-ssi, are you guys here to visit Jessica-ssi?”

“Tiffany-ssi, where’s Taeyeon? Shouldn’t SNSD’s leader be here when one of her members is lying un conscious in a hospital bed?”

The questions were getting out of hand. Yoona was so pissed, she was about to punch one of them right in the face. Thank goodness the security guards came just in time to bring them to Jessica’s hospital room.

The paparazzi were gone once they entered the elevator. When the elevator doors opened, many people stopped and stared. It’s not every day when you get to see the Soshi gang arrive in a pack in front of you.

The girls ignored the stares and went straight to room 405, there was already two body guards at the entrance of the room. They made way right away when they saw SNSD coming.

 

*

 

Once inside, a few of their label mates were already there. Of course there was Jessica’s family; her parents and her little sister, Krystal, who was crying next to her sister’s bed. Then there was a few Super Junior and EXO members; Donghae, Siwon, Sehun and Luhan. They have always been one of the closest to Jessica out of their groups.

Mrs. Jung was quietly crying in her husband’s arms. The Soshi gang said ‘hi’ to them and went over to Jessica’s bed.

Hyoyeon and Yoona were the first ones to start crying again. There were bandages all over Jessica’s face and one on her neck. There were also visible cuts on her hands, but they seem to be healing. A lot of machines were attached to Jessica to help her heal faster.

No one spoke at all, the entire room was filled with sobbing and constant beeping from the machines. Siwon couldn’t take it anymore and stormed to the door.

“Hyung, where are you going?”

“I’m going to find that guy and teach him a big ole’ lesson!”

“Don’t be silly, we don’t have the slightly clue about who he is”

“Well then…”

“Take this outside!!”

Everyone was surprised by Krystal’s outburst. She let go of her sister’s hand and stood up to face Siwon and Donghae.

“You’re argument will just disturb unnie’s recovery. She doesn’t deserve this.”

Krystal’s voice was cracking towards the end. Seeing this Sunny quickly went over to her and tried to comfort her. Luhan and Sehun went over to calm the older guys down.

Not soon later, the doctor arrived. He was surprised at how much of a crowd was in the room.

“I’m sorry, there are too many people in here. The patient’s still unstable. We can’t have too much visitors at the same time.”

“Doctor, we’ll wait outside. But can you please tell us her results first? We’ll go right after that.”

“This information is only supposed to known by the girl’s family. Unless they give you permission to know.”

“It’s ok doctor, I’m her mom and it’s fine if they know about Jessica’s condition. Please, just tell us”

“Ok well….”

The doctor opened up the light brown folder and scanned it.

“Ms. Jung’s body is extremely weak right now. There’s a small chance she might not make it through tonight”

A few gasps were heard throughout the room.

“If she makes it through the upcoming 12 hours, then there’s a great possiblity she’ll wake up soon. But, even if she does wake up, there’s a slight chance she might be mute for the rest of her life.”

Mrs. Jung started crying again. A few of Jessica’s label mates weren’t holding up that well either.

“ was almost slit in halves. But, if a miracle happens and she does regain her voice again, her singing career could be over. Jessica-ssi would never be able to sing like she did before. Her vocal cords are too damaged to heal properly. I would prepare myself to accept the future results if I were you. I’m sorry to only bring bad news”

The doctor took a bow and left the room.