Lunch?

62 Days

Jessica woke up with a throbbing sensation going through her head. She has hit it a little too much last night. She figured it was caused by the lack of sleep, all that smacking she did to her forehead, and when Taeyeon shoved her into the fridge.

Speaking of Taeyeon, memories from what happened yesterday slowly started to come back, Jessica quickly sat up from her bed and looked at the clock. It was eleven in the morning, Taeyeon’s bond to be up by now.

She ran out into the living room and saw Taeyeon sitting alone watch reruns of classic cartoons. She was laughing and smiling at all their corny jokes while holding a cushion against her chest. The smile faded and the laughter died down when she saw Jessica’s face in the hallway.

“H…Hi Taeyeon. Good morning?”

Taeyeon never replied, instead she just flipped though channels with a poker face. Jessica walk to the couch and sat next to her. The closer she got, the further Taeyeon scooted over.

“Hey, come on talk to me…I said I was sorry.”

Taeyeon looked like she was getting more and more mad with every word that came out of Jessica's mouth. But she stayed calm and decided to get off the couch to make a light snack.

Jessica sighed at the fact that Taeyeon kept on ignoring her and was obviously giving her the silent treatment. And she didnt like it one bit, it felt like they had gone back into time where she and taeyeon didn't notice each other's existance again. She got off the couch as well and followed Taeyeon to the kitchen. Walking in, the scene where they almost kissed was coming back into her mind. Jessica tried not to smile but it didn’t work. Taeyeon glanced over at her and gave her a ‘what the ’ face.

 

“It wasn’t like I did it on purpose, it was an accident.”

Taeyeon breathed in and out to prevent herself from making a scene. She then went back to spreading nutella on a piece of bread. Jessica came up to her again and tried to get her attention.

“Ooh, I love nutella. Can you make me some too?”

Taeyeon didn’t even bat an eyelash at her and continued to focus on her bread.

“Are you going to ignore me forever?”

“…”

“Come on Taeyeon it’s not like I planned on walking in on you topless.”

Taeyeon clenched her butter knife trying to how in her anger and annoyance.

“Besides it’s not like I saw anything, you still had your bra on. I didn’t see you fully .”

“Will you just shut up?!”

Jessica was surprised and taken a back at Taeyeon’s outburst. She pointed her butter knife at Jessica and started walking towards her.

“Who told you to come in my room in the first place, huh?! And has no one ever taught you to knock before entering?! Do you know how humiliating that was?!”

“Look I said I was sorry, and humiliating?! How on earth were you humiliating? It’s not like I’ll go around and tell everyone I saw the Kim Taeyeon changing!”

“Who knows, for all I know that could have been your motive from the beginning!”

“What?! How low do you think of me?!”

“You’re low enough to be a Peeping Tom!”

“Peeping Tom?! What?!”

“Yeah you probably watch at night when everyone sleeps as a hobby, you freaking ert!”

“What?! Me a ert? Says the girl whose nickname for the public is byuntae!”

“That’s different, for the public most of it is fan service, but you, ha you go for the real deal.”

Taeyeon said with a mocking laugh.

“You practically Tiffany when we’re on stage, it started out as fan service but you took it to a whole new level!”

“Why would you care?! It’s my life and my choices. Last time I checked I didn’t have to ask for your permission to do anything!”

“Why do I care, I don't!”

“Good! Then stay out of my life Jessica!!”

“Stay out? Ha! Most of the time it’s me that’s cleaning up your mess.”

“Don’t try and sell yourself off as generous and caring because you and I both know you only did that because you wanted to get in my pants!”

“What?! Yah Kim Taeyeon, aren’t you thinking too highly of yourself?!”

“Don't try and deny it I know you used to like me.”

“Yeah, when you used to mean something to me. Now a days I care more about a random pen then I do about you!”

Taeyeon was hurt by Jessica’s choice of words. What Taeyeon wanted more than anything in the world right now was for this fight to be over and for they to make up, but the argument was too heated and her ego was too big to stop right now.

“It’s not like I cared about you in the first place to begin with. Heck, I never liked you to begin with!”

“Good! I wouldn't want you falling for me only to have your dreams to be crushed in the end!”

“Ha, fall for you? I can't wait to do that, right after I jump the boarder to North Korea that is.”

“Good for you! Send me a postcard from North Korea!”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth, Jessica has always had a sharp tongue. When she gets really focused in arguments she always wins.

“I would love too. Being there means I’ll be as far away from you as possible and never have to see your face again.”

Yeah that’s a good one, take that Jung.

“Oh and I'm not hungry anymore, make your sandwich yourself.”

Taeyeon said in a calmer and but still pissed off voice. She threw the knife harshly in the sink making a very loud clashing noise. Taeyeon didn’t even bother looking at Jessica when she made her way to her room. Jessica was left alone in the kitchen, speechless. 

 

 

Two hours have pasted and Taeyeon has yet to leave her room. her stomach was growling and she was starving. That nutella bread was supposed to be her breakfast but Jessica came up and ruined her appetite. The mere thought of her name was angering her.

Taeyeon’s stomach grumbled for the nth time this afternoon, she has skipped breakfast and it looks like lunch wasn’t an option. She sighed and rubbed her tummy.

Soon she heard a knock on her door. Knowing it was Jessica she didn’t respond.

*Knock knock

“Come on, I know you’re hungry. Just come out and eat.”

“…”

“Look I'm sorry, you know I didn’t mean anything I said.”

“…”

“I ordered bibimbap. I know it’s your favorite.”

It was true that Taeyeon loved that dish and when you’re starving, your favorite food sounds extra appealing. But still, that wasn’t enough to melt down Taeyeon’s pride.

“I also got your favorite coffee….ah…oh my god, ow!”

From inside the room, Taeyeon didn’t know what was going on but it sounded like Jessica was in great pain. Could it be similar to the headache she got last time? Taeyeon didn’t have much time to think because the next thing she knew, she was running to grab the door.

When she opened it, Jessica was on the floor clutching her head like before. In a split second Taeyeon bent down and tried to see what the problem was.

“Jessica, are you ok? Look I’ll forgive you, please don't disappear like last time. Please…”

“Y…you Promise? Ah!!”

“Yes, yes I promise.”

Taeyeon was on the verge of tearing up, she could not go through another stunt of Jessica almost dieing again. Jessica instantly shot her eyes open and grabbed Taeyeon’s body in for a hug and pulled her down to the floor with her.

“Finally, you opened the door. I thought I was going to have to eat alone. Ha ha.”

Realizing Jessica had tricked her, Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows together and pushed Jessica off her.

“Ow! What was that for?”

“Are you serious?! You faked that?!”

Jessica had gotten up from the floor and dusted herself off.

“Well maybe…”

“Ugh I can't believe you! How could you joke about something so serious?!”

Taeyeon was about to go back to her bedroom and close the door in Jessica’s face until she felt two hands snake around her waist.

“I’m sorry, and you can't back out now, you promised to forgive me.”

Taeyeon didn’t answer and just stood there. Jessica let go of her and turned Taeyeon around.

“Come on, I got bibimbap for you from the store across the street.”

 

Jessica held Taeyeon’s hand like a little kid dragging her mum to buy her something. Taeyeon didn’t even bother to fight back, how could she? She did make such a promise, though she was tricked, and she was craving for food. And somehow she just couldn't bring herself to say no to the girl dragging her to the lving room.