Decline

62 Days

 

“What did you do with my toothbrush?”

Taeyeon asked again only this time with more power.

“Uh…is that really important r-right now? We have Jessica here who’s basically invisible and has a deadline!”

Tiffany tried her best to sound serious so they’d change the subject. And surprisingly it worked.

“Right, can't believe I forgot that for a second.”

Sometimes it amused her how easily influenced her leader was. Oh how innocent.

 

“As I was saying…”

Jessica rolled her eyes at how desperate Tiffany was at trying to keep Taeyeon distracted from her toothbrush. It was so obviously yet Taeyeon fell for it. She didn’t even bother listening to Tiffany’s grand speech about…whatever the heck she was babbling about.

She just picked up a random magazine and start flipping pages hoping something interesting will catch her eye.

 

*

 

“Detective Park? What are you doing here this late at night?”

“Oh hey Mark. Nothing really just looking through some notes of the case.”

“What’s the point? You’ve looked through those at least nine times. Go home, have a rest, spend some time with your kids.”

“I can’t rest properly. This case is just so…oh how should I put this?”

“Distracting?”

Both policemen chuckled.

 

“Come on you need a rest you can come back tomorrow. Besides the guy’s already admitted to the crime.”

“Well? Maybe you’re right. There’s something bugging me about this case but I guess it’s just me. Night Mark.”

“Night.”

 

*

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but laugh as she saw Jessica go behind Tiffany and lift her hair up and using it to fake a mustache.

“Hey what’s so funny?” Tiffany asked irritated.

“Oh nothing.” But Tiffany wasn't buying it. She turned around and saw strands of her hair flying in the air.

“Ahhh!”

She fell back, but that just so happens to be the side of the bed so she fell to the hard ground.

“Ouch~~”

“Sh, Pany you’ll wake the rest of the girls up.”

But Taeyeon’s ajumma laugh was just as loud if not louder.

 

“Yah Sica how dare you!”

Tiffany yelled into thin air. She just assumed Jessica was sitting on top of the bed, the spot she was at before she was scared to death.

“Um Tiffany? Jessica’s sitting on my arm chair. Oh and you can’t see this right now but she’s currently sticking her tongue out at you.”

 

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows in anger.

“Jessica Jung apologize! Now!”

“Does she really think I’ll apologize?” Jessica looked at Tiffany, “come on Tiffany this isn’t the first day you’ve known me.”

“She said she’s not apologizing.”

“What?! First you throw pillows at me, they were super hard pillows by the way. And then you scare the crap out of me with my own hair behind my back and now you won't even apologize?!”

“Just say you’re sorry Sica.” Jessica shook her head.

“Just tell her I already said it.”

“No, this time it really is your fault.”

“What? Oh come on Taeyeon, it’s not like she’ll actually head me. Just say I already did it.”

 

Tiffany just sat there and watched as her well rounded leader speak to thin air. A day ago, that would have scared her, but not it was probably the normal-est thing to happen right now.

After a long argument, Taeyeon finally smiled with satisfaction and turned to Tiffany.

“She said she’s sorry.”

“Good. Now make her promise to never do it again.”

Taeyeon went back to start a conversation with the unseeable Jessica. Tiffany sat there with her arms crossed smiling like a princess. She was winning.

 

“She said you’re pushing it way too far. And unless you want bugs in your cereal next morning you better stop.”

At least she thought she was winning. Tiffany’s face grew grumpy.

“Stupid Jung…”

Then she felt a flick at her forehead. This time she didn’t even bother complaining about it. She knew it was Jessica.

 

“I'm going to sleep. Oh and Taeyeon.”

Tiffany announced before exiting the room.

“Huh?”

“Buy yourself a new toothbrush. You’re going to need it.” She closed the door.

“Yah what did you do to my dang toothbrush?!”

Jessica pulled her back.

“Oh stop, just buy another toothbrush. Trust me, you do not want to know what she did. It’s better you didn’t.”

“What did she do with my toothbrush?” Taeyeon whined and stomped her foot, but Jessica payed her no mind and just flopped on Sunny’s bed.

“Hey! Answer me!”

 

*

 

Taetiseo was getting their makeup done in their dressing rooms before hosting another episode of Music Bank.

“Taeyeon-ah stop moving.”

Their makeup artist ordered.

“Sorry Macy.”

“It’s fine just stop doing it.”

Macy had been her makeup artist since debut, she knew the best and worst makeup style for the girl.

 

“Aish, you’re moving again.”

“Sorry. It’s just I'm waiting for a phone call.”

Taeyeon kept gazing down at her smart phone.

“Oh? Waiting for someone special huh? Who is he?”

Taeyeon blushed and looked in the big mirror in front of her.

“Well…it’s not really a he…”

“Oh a girl? My, who is this lady that has gotten our Kim Taeyeon interested?”

“Macy, it’s no one really…”

“Oh come on you can tell me. I'm a makeup artist, not a reporter I'm not going to sell your story off to news outlets for money.”

 

Makeup artists, especially ones for celebrities gossiped a lot. Just as much as hairdressers or anyone from the salon. It was just something they did to pass time.

 

“Oh alright, it’s…it’s the girl from before.” Taeyeon said shyly.

“You don't mean…the girl who dumped you alright around the corners of debut do you?”

Taeyeon nodded her head innocently as she looked up to her. Yes, she shared the story with her makeup artist a few years ago. Macy was the only other person that knew, and she comforted her. She helped cheer her up.

 

“Why? is there something wrong?”

“Oh dear, I don't know who this girl is but I'm warning you, you’re going to get hurt.”

Hearing this, her spirits dropped.

 

“W-what do you mean?”

“If she’s capable of breaking your heart once, she can do it again.”

“No! Not her! She won't, sh-she promised…”

“And I can promise that I'm secretly dating Justin Beiber even though I'm 32. See Taeyeon? People lie. Quite easily too.”

“Macy, she won't lie to me. She said so herself. She said that she only did what she was did because she didn't want our relationship to be caught by the media. She didn’t want to ruin my future, see? She’s considerate.”

But Macy only laughed. Not a mean one, more like a sympathetic one.

 

“Oh really? She said that? Well than tell me Taeyeon, why isn’t she still keeping a distance from you? If you get caught now, you’ll be in big trouble. And a girl? Your career could be on the line. Why is she only coming back now when she could have done so years ago?”

Yeah why? Jessica did have had many chances before. Why only now when she obviously needed Taeyeon’s help?

 

“Seems to me like she wanted to have part of the limelight.”

“Huh?”

“Don't you get it? You’re Kim Taeyeon of Girls’ Generation. Lots of people would kill to be you or be with you. Haven’t you ever gotten a feeling that she just wanted something  from you?”

Yes Jessica did wanted something from her. But not to taste a bit of the limelight. Something bigger. The ability to live again. And she still wants that, that was her goal.

The only reason she noticed me in the first place…

“She’s using you Taeyeon. To get what she wants.”

Using me?

 

“But hey, at the end of the day I'm just an ajumma doing your makeup. Don't take my words to the heart ok?”

Macy patted Taeyeon’s back telling her, her makeup was all done. Macy gathered her things and left the room.

A few minutes later her phone rang. Caller ID showed that it was their dorm home phone. No one else was at home right now except for Jessica. And she was the only one without her own cellphone right now.

 

“Hey Unnie, we’re on in five.”

Seohyun’s head popped out through the slightly opened door.

 

“In a minute I need to take this.” Taeyeon smiled and held up her phone.

The maknae understood and left.

Taeyeon looked as her phone rang. This was the phone call she’s waited for since this morning. The one she’s been on the edge of her seat about.

 

Taeyeon pressed the red button.

 

Decline.

 

 

 


(A/N) I'm so hungry~~~

I want food!