Awkward

62 Days

Jessica was slowly regretting gifting Taeyeon a puppy, she should have just gotten her some stuff animal instead. Taeyeon had been playing with Ginger for the past hour or so.

“Hey do you want some water? Of course you want water, water’s good for you. Yes it is, yes it is.”

Taeyeon had been using that baby voice for as long as Jessica could remember, it was really starting to get on her nerve.

“Taeyeon.”

The brunette looked up from her new puppy and saw Jessica standing next to her with her arms crossed.

“Yeah?”

“I’m hungry.”

“We have some ramen in the cabins, or if you’re feeling fancy you can make some blueberry pancakes.”

Taeyeon advised her before continued playing with Ginger on the floor.

“Can you make it for me?”

“I’m busy can’t you make it yourself?”

“Busy doing what? Playing with the puppy? What if I starve to death?”

Taeyeon stopped playing with the puppy and slowly turned her head around, giving Jessica a deadly glare. Jessica gulped, ever since her accident Taeyeon had always gotten annoyed when people especially Jessica make jokes about dieing.

“Ok, ok I’ll make it myself.”

Jessica speed walked to the kitchen to avoid the chance of being scolded, again.

In the pantry she found packages or ramen, she didn’t even know they had this much. She selected a favor and went to the sink to get the water, hopefully the water is still running unlike their electricity. Thankfully the water smoothly came out of the tab.

When a generous amount of water was filled in the pot, she tried to bring it back to the stove. But thanks to her clumsiness and the dark, she hit the pot against the oven under the stove and dropped it. Causing all the liquid inside to spill over the floor.

*pang…

Taeyeon looked up from Ginger again and walked to the kitchen when she heard the sound. Because of the lack of light, she had to lean on walls to make her way there. Of course she could not see the water in front of her at all and walked right into it.

“Jessica what was that soun—WOAH!”

The water she stepped had made Taeyeon trip and almost fly across the room. Fortunately (or unfortunately) Jessica was in the way and she crashed into her, Jessica broke her fall. Both girls fell on the hard kitchen floor, even though they felt the pain from the fall none of them moved. They wouldn’t dare to even move an inch.

There was no light what so ever, but it didn’t take a genius to figure out that their faces were dangerously close right now. If anyone moved a little closer, they would have kissed.

Jessica being on top, she could feel the presence of Taeyeon’s beautiful face inches away from her. She didn’t know what she was doing, none of them did. But, for some reason she felt herself moving forward. Taeyeon could feel Jessica’s head was moving towards her but she did nothing to stop it. It was like they were under a spell; each other’s spell.

Taeyeon felt a shiver down her back when she felt Jessica’s nose against hers. Jessica could practically smell the coconut yogurt Taeyeon had in the morning.  And Jessica was still moving closer, and closer…

Everything went white, Jessica and Taeyeon had to pull away and shut their eyes tight for a moment because of the brightness. Turns out Jessica left the light switch on and the power had finally come back on. Realizing what just happened, or what almost happened, Taeyeon pushed Jessica away at once.

“Ow!”

She hit her head against the fridge. Taeyeon felt sorry but was in too much of a shock to react. She hurried off the floor and ran to her room.

“Geez that hurt…”

Jessica sat alone in the kitchen where Taeyeon left her, she recalled the almost-Taengsic moment and couldn’t help but blush.

After a few minutes of thinking, Jessica decided she should really talk to her so they don't become extremely awkward in the future.

 

In Taeyeon’s room, she paced back and forth trying to calm down. She placed both hands on her cheeks and realized they were hotter than a chili pepper.

“Gosh Kim Taeyeon calm down. You have known each other for over a decade, this kind of skin ship is normal. *phew, ok Hwaighting!”

When she lied how on her bed she realized that her whole back was wet.

“Must have been from the water on the floor. Aish, stupid water.”

She slip out of her current oversized T-shirt and went over to her walk in closet to find a new top.

“Hey Taey—“

 

~Jessica’s POV~

I should make a few things clear with her.

I reached for the door knob and went in without knocking. Big mistake.

“Hey Taey—“

She turned around at once….WHERE IS HER SHIRT!? Oh god I just walked in on her changing… uh oh.

~end of POV~

 

Thank goodness Taeyeon still had her bra on, but both parties’ faces were flushed red.

“I’m so sor….OW!”

Taeyeon reached for whatever was the closest to her and threw it at Jessica without thinking.

“Ow, stop, ow, that hurts…no!”

Jessica was petrified, the next thing Taeyeon was about to throw at her was a mini desk lamp. Her eyes widened and kept backing out of Taeyeon’s room.

“GET OUT!!”

She didn’t have to be told that twice, Jessica ran out and made sure not to forget to close the door behind her.

Inside Taeyeon’s room, she flopped on her bed in embarrassment. Her two hands covering her face in shame, with her blazing red cheeks.

Things weren’t going so well for Jessica on the other end either. She collapsed on the floor holding her head, trying to collect her thoughts.

“Oh my god…what did I just do?! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!”

Jessica shouted under her breathe while smacking her forehead.

“…she did have a pretty good body though…wait what?! No no no no, what did I just say?!”

She ruffled her hair in annoyance. She could feel her cheeks heating up.

“Ugh, I walked in trying to fix things but I only made matters worse. Damn Jessica Jung this is not your day.”

The thought of her trying to clear things up with Taeyeon came across her mind for half a second but quickly dismissed it.

 

Wouldn’t want to risk the chance of making things even worse now do we? Jessica told herself as she went back to her room hoping things would get better by tomorrow morning.