Time's Up

62 Days

 

Get out!”

“No! Don't go in there! Leave now.”

“Would you guys just shut up already?” Tiffany requested being slightly annoyed by her two members.

“Fany-ah, shush this is the good part.”

Yoona held a finger up to Tiffany’s lips as she and Sooyoung’s eyes never left the TV screen. Tiffany pushed her hand away irkingly.

“Noooo!”

The main character in the movie had just been processed by the demon in the haunted house.

“Why did you have to go in there?! I told you not to!”

Tiffany rolled her eyes and got up from the couch. She was done with these two. The singer made her way to the kitchen where Sunny and Hyoyeon was cooking. Maybe they wouldn’t be so bad. She would have gone to Taeyeon’s room but she knew her and Jessica were probably busy with something. God forbid she walked into the two experimenting with each other.

 

*

 

“Taeyeon”

“Yeah?”

“I want to bring you on a date.”

Taeyeon dropped her magazine down on her chest. She looked up to see Jessica happily smiling on her bed.

“A date?”

“A date.” She repeated.

Taeyeon lied there baffled. First of all they haven’t really spoken a word ever since Jessica reminded Taeyeon about her ‘due date’. They didn’t do it on purpose, it’s just that none of them could find the right words to speak.

Secondly, was a date really important right now?

“Where to?”

“It’s a surprise.” Jessica smiled and got up.

“Get changed.” She instructed as she went into the bathroom in Taeyeon’s room.

“I never said yes!” she yelled after her. But it was no use, Jessica’s mind was already made.

All that Taeyeon could do now was follow her instructions.

 

*

 

“Get in.”

“Are you going to drive?”

Jessica nodded. She pushed open the car door from the driver’s seat for Taeyeon.

“Are you sure that’s a good idea? People will see us.” Taeyeon looked around for people that might notice them. Thank goodness today was a Monday and most people had either work or school.

“Don’t worry, these windows are tinted. No one will see us.”

“Yeah but…”

“Taeyeon will you just get in already?”

“Geez fine…” she mumbled under her breath. Along with some other things but Jessica couldn’t make out what she was saying.

 

After a short ten minute drive, the two had seemed to have arrived at their destination. Jessica parked in front of a white and blue house in a quiet neighborhood.

“Where is this place?”

“It’s my house dumby.”

Jessica’s house? Sure Taeyeon had heard about her and her family moving closer to the dorms so it’d be more convenient, but she had never actually been to her house before.

The shortie scanned the perimeter nodding a little as a sign of approval.

“Nice garden.”

“That’s my mom’s. She loves flowers.”

The blonde locked her car and went up the steps to her house with a smile.

“Come on in.”

 

She, using her advantages of being bodiless, stepped through the front door and disappeared behind it. A second later the door seemed to have unlocked by itself. It opened revealing a smiling blonde that seemed quite pleased with herself.

No matter how many times Jessica had gone through objects, it still blows her mind how cool this ability was. And how there was no way this can be scientifically possible.

Taeyeon took a good a look of Jessica’s house for the first time. She had never been in her home before, this was definitely a first.

 

“Nice place.”

“Hm, thanks.” Jessica went over to her kitchen and fished out a bottle of whiskey. Both her and Taeyeon adored alcohol.

“Here.”

She handed her a full glass, to which Taeyeon accepted kindly and took a huge sip out of.

“I really don’t think we should be here. Well, I at least, shouldn’t be.”

“Why not?”

“What will I say when your parents or Krystal comes home and sees me?! What am I gonna say? I picked the lock?”

Jessica burst in laughed while trying to contain the liquid in .

“You could say that, or you can keep your mouth shut and no one would ever know. My parents are visiting my grandparents in the country side and you know Krystal. She’s always busy with her group promotions.”

 “Why don't you visit your parents more often?”

“Well I can’t really talk to them now can I? I’ll just sit there and watch them all day.”

“Oh.”

 

The atmosphere between the both was tremendously awkward. Taeyeon wanted to discuss about Jessica’s ‘deadline’ really badly, but the girl just didn’t know how to start the conversation.

She just ended up finishing her glass of whiskey and refilling another full glass.

“So….” She started off, “why did you bring me here?”

Jessica went over to her couch and searched for the telly remote.

“Well I wanted to spend time with you. Alone.”

Hearing that Taeyeon felt elited, but somehow she still wasn't satisfied. She just on her lower lips and nodded.

“Alright spill it.”

“Huh?”

“There’s something on your mind. I can tell.”

“What? There’s nothing.”

“Taeyeon, you always mess around with your lips when you’re anxious. What is it?”

The older girl knew she had to stop beating around the bush. She walked over to when Jessica was and sat down.

“Don’t you think you’re being a little too relaxed?”

“What do you mean?”

Taeyeon held back again. She never ever liked talking about this subject. It wasted all her effort she put in to ignore the harsh reality for the time being.

 

“You only have one week left. Are you worried? Nervous even?”

“Why would I be?”

“Aren’t you scared of dying?!”

Jessica looked down on the short coffee table in front of her and shook her head.

“Not anymore.”

“What do you mean not anymore?! Ugh, I’m so tired of this. You always keep things from me and never talk to me about anything.”

Taeyeon threw her hands in the air in frustration. Jessica was frustrating. She never openly discussed her problems with anyone simply because of the fact that she didn’t want to put the burden on them. In a way Jessica reminded Taeyeon of herself. The latter was just like that. Keeping everything to herself.

 

Jessica turned around to face her.

“Can I be honest with you?”

The dark haired girl raised her eyebrows. Was Jessica for real? Yes! Yes of course she could be honest with her.

That’s only what Taeyeon has been craving for ever since. Taeyeon didn’t ask for much. Just a moment of truth from possibly her favorite girl in the world.

The older woman didn’t like Jessica keeping everything to herself. It made her feel like she’s not welcome or maybe Jessica didn’t trust her enough.

“Yes. Don't shut me out, please.”

The dirty blonde took the shorter girl’s hands into hers.

“Honestly I'm scared. I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like a lost dog in the streets of New York.”

Taeyeon could see it in Jessica’s eyes. She was scared and lost.

“And I never did to shut you out.”

“But you also never did tell me everything.”

Jessica grinned and looked down. No one made a sound for a while.

 

“What do I do?” She tried to seek for advice.

“Well here’s what you shouldn’t do. Don't you ever keep things from me again. Our relationship would be nothing without trust and commination.”

Jessica smirked and raised her left eyebrow.

“Since when were we dating?” she asked playfully.

“You don't want to date me?” Taeyeon pretended to be mad and glared at her.

“Nah.” Jessica poured herself another glass of alcohol only to finish half of it right afterwards.

“Hey!” The dark haired girl pushed Jessica rather harshly for her to fall on the couch.

“Ahahaha.” Jessica couldn’t contain her laugh and soon Taeyeon found herself joining the silly girl.

 

It seemed the many shots of whiskey was getting to their heads.

“I don’t like Taeyeon the singer. But I wouldn’t mind getting to know Taeyeon the country girl a little bit more.”

“I wasn't a country girl. Geez.”

“You had a country accent though.”

“I did not. Wait why don't you like Taeyeon the singer?”

Taeyeon placed both her hands her hips and scoffed.

“You ignore me all the time!”

The alcohol was starting to take effect on both the girls. Not enough to take away their control of their own body. Just enough for the both to become bolder.

“I don't…..do I?”

Jessica pouted and nodded.

“Aw, I’m sorry.”

 

It took a few moments for Jessica and Taeyeon to realize the position they were in. The blonde was lying flat on her back on the couch since she was pushed and the midget was hovering over her.

If someone were to walk in right now, the situation wouldn’t look good. Then again, Jessica was basically invisible to everyone else. So Taeyeon would probably just look like a mad woman that broke into her group mate’s house for no good reason.

Both parties didn’t know what took over them. but as soon as they eyes caught on to the other’s lips, the two girls just leaned in captured them.

Normally, Jessica and Taeyeon would not be this forward, they’d always beat around the bush or something of the sort. Guess the alcohol gave them the little boost they needed.

Jessica’s hands roamed wildly around Taeyeon’s body and vice versa without ever breaking the kiss.

Soon enough clothes were being thrown everywhere. Jessica had carried Taeyeon to her room with the older girl’s legs clutching onto her waste like her life depended on it. All without disconnecting the lips.

Though they did bang into a few things during their short trip along with some ‘Sorry’s from Jessica.

That night was a long night with a lot of and screaming.

 

*

 

Taeyeon woke up smiling like she was on the top of the world. Though her body was a little sore after last night, it was all worth it. Who knew Jessica was so gifted in this field. Just thinking back to last night’s memories plastered a huge yet dorky smile on her face.

But her smile soon disappeared when she felt an empty spot next to her in bed. Her head jerked up to analyze the room. No one else was here but her. But where was Jessica then?

Taeyeon grabbed the bed sheets to wrap around her body as she strolled down the stairs to find her lover.

“Jessica?”

No answer.

“Sica-ah!”

Still no answer. Taeyeon had by this time checked the whole house for the blonde. Just where was she?

Taeyeon’s jumping to conclusions trait was hitting her. A habit she adopted from hanging out with Tiffany way too much.

Had Jessica ran? Did something horrible happen to her? Did she regret last night? Was Taeyeon not good enough? Does she not love her anymore?

Taeyeon rarely cries but at this moment she didn’t know what to do.

Jessica ran after stealing her ity.

 

*

 

“Hey. Hey. Come on, wake up already.”

“H-huh?”

A blonde woke up due to some loud rude guy with a deep voice interrupted her beauty sleep.

“Where…where am I?” She grunted tiredly.

“Seriously? You’ve been here multiply times and this place isn’t somewhere forgettable.”

Slowly her drowsiness was wearing off and Jessica realized  where she was.

“TOP?”

The fox man smiled proudly.

 

“Congradulations! You have completed the 62 days challenge! With only…” TOP raised his sleeves and checked his glamorous watch, “3 days to spare.”

“Good job!”

She’s done it. She really did it. Jessica cheated death and finally completed her quest. So that means…she’s alive.

“Woohoo!”

Jessica leaped into the air forcing TOP to catch and hug the grateful girl. Strange, he never really hugged a human before. Especially a a one.

Jessica seemed to realize her lack of clothing too, she quickly took a huge step back and tried to cover her assets.

“Yah! What the hell?!”

“What? You should know by now that whenever you’re transported here, you’ll be wearing all your previous clothing. Or in your case no clothing at all.”

“What the you let me go on the entire time with nothing on. You freak!”

Jessica was fuming. Who does TOP think he is? Just because he saved her doesn’t mean he can try anything funny.

 

“Oh relax 30415, I’m not attracted to humans. Yuck.” TOP snapped his fingers in the air quite loudly.

“Well that made me feel so much better.” Jessica stated coldly, her words dripping with sarcasm. But in a strange way it did. Knowing TOP isn’t interested did make her feel slightly better, after all her body was reserved for Taeyeon and Taeyeon only.

Speaking of that girl…

“Oh my god I left Taeyeon all alone!”

“Who?”

“Taeyeon! The girl who helped me!”

“Ah, so that’s your soul mate. Nice name.”

“Oh no, she must hate me right no—“

Jessica never did finish her sentence. Because she came to realizing she now had a shirt on. And pants.

 

“How did you…”

“You’re welcome.” TOP smiled coolly like he was just so proud of himself.

“Thanks.” Jessica checked her outfit out. Pretty bland, it was all white and had no special cutting. Her inner fashionista judging TOP’s choices in clothes all the way.

Jessica calmed down for a bit after a while.

“So how did this happen? What triggered the switch? If there is a switch. Is there a switch?”

“Your Taeyeon. She finally forgave you and expressed all her feelings out like an open book after your love making last night.”

“So that’s all it took? ?”

“No no no! not just . You two love birds made love.” TOP said with his hands clapped together and a huge smile.

Jessica nodded. Still very cheesy and cheap in her book but hey. She gets to live. 

 

“So what now?”

“Now, I bring you back. A lot of people would miss you if you were gone.”

“Yeah.” Not just her friends and family, but also her fans. Even though she’s never met most of them, they love her and would actually care if she was gone. Jessica couldn’t bare let all those people down.

“Now come on, we have to hurry before the portal closes. Then you’d be stuck like this forever.”

“Yikes better hurry.”

TOP, similar to before, placed his masculine hand on Jessica’s head this time instead of her shoulder like in the past.

Before continuing his act, he looked down to Jessica, his smile never leaving his face like a proud mother.

 

“Good bye Jessica. I gotta say, you’ll be missed.” Jessica smiled a bit, she’d probably miss TOP after sometime too.

The fox man gently kissed her forehead before getting back to his act. Soon, Jessica could feel winds from all different direction being blown at them.

“WAIT!” the winds stopped immediately.

 “Must you do this every time?! You really know how to ruin a moment 30415!”

Jessica ignored TOP’s complaining.

“Will I ever see you again?”

TOP’s frown softened and gently smiled. But this wasn't like his usual quirky smiles.

“Jessica, I’m the grim reaper. I don't think you'd want to see me again.”

This was the first time TOP has ever told her about his identity. But seeing how he handles the dead, she should have figured.

“Oh.” She said sadly. Though she didn’t know TOP that well, she was more than thankful of what this man did for her. He gave her another chance in life ,without him she’d be dead by now.

The blonde gave him a tight hug before signally him that she was ready.

 

TOP placed him hand back onto Jessica’s head and closed his eyes trying to focus on something. The violent wind was coming back, joined by some very bright lights of multiple colours. More rapid than the other two times TOP has tried to send her back to earth.

The last thing she heard before blacking out was TOP’s fainting voice.

“Long live Jessica Jung!”

 

*

 

Everything was calm once again, she peeled one eyelid open slowly and squinted trying to adjust to the lights. The ceiling lights. Jessica looked around her surroundings to realize that she’s on a hospital bed wearing an ugly hospital gown for the sick.

“It..worked…”

She mumbled to herself in the bright room. Just then two nurses came in with a vase of fresh flowers. Only to have them dropped to the floor shattering open once they realized the idol that had been in a coma for months sitting up wide awake.

“Oh my god….”

“She woke up!”

“Call the doctors!”

“Get her family on the line!”