smooth move

62 Days

They stayed like that for a while, with Jessica on the bottom and Taeyeon on top of her resulting for the blonde’s back to soon grow a little sore.

“Hey why are you crying?”

For the first time in maybe years, Jessica’s voice sounded caring and gentle. Taeyeon’s sobs had died down already and quickly got of Jessica when she realized what position they were in.

“You..how…? Tiffany said you died….right in front of her eyes.”

Taeyeon choked the last part out. It must have been pretty hard to say those words if you’re in her position. Jessica let out a small chuckle and sat up from the floor.

“Oh Taeyeon, did you even listen to the full phone call?”

“Well I kind of hung up when she told me your heart beat reached 0…”

“Babo, next time listen to the full thing.”

“What the hell do you mean next time?! There will not be a next time you hear Jessica Jung?”

“Neh umma.”

Taeyeon slapped Jessica’s arm for her attempt to joke.

“Ouch, hey have some respect, I just escaped death for god’s sake.”

“Respect? I’m older than you and I'm your leader. Now would you care to explain how the hell you’re here and not dead by now?”

Jessica let out a huge breath and smile.

“I guess you were right…”

“Huh?”

“…Miracles do happen.”

With that Jessica walked away from her and went into her room.

“What the? Hey! Come back here.”

“I’m tired, I almost died. Cut me some slack.”

jessica closed the door of her room behind her. Taeyeon let out a puff through her nose.

“Aish that Jung is still as annoying as ever…would it kill her to be a little more specific?”

Just then her phone rang, seeing that is was Tiffany again Taeyeon pressed the accept call button.

“OMO…*sniff sniff…Taengoo…Jessica…just…she’s alive!!”

“What?!”

Taeyeon tried to sound surprised.

That sounded pretty convincing…

“Why do you sound so calm? You sound like you knew she didn’t die before I called you.”

…Or not

“Yah Tiffany what are you talking about, how would I know? Ha…Ha…Ha. You know how I'm usually very calm. My name is Taeyeon after all.”

“Taeyeon you’re weird. But anyways, so everyone thought she died but moments later her heartbeat started picking up! Even the doctors were surprised, Dr. Park just told me that this is an extremely rare case. In all his years of being a doctor only 4 patients had been like this before! Isn’t that great?!”

“Yeah, that’s amazing.”

“Taeyeon you’re making it very hard to believe you want Jessica to be alive in the first place.”

“What?! Of course I want her to live I’m not heartless.”

“Well you don't have the biggest heart ever either when it comes to Jessica.”

“Fany that’s ridiculous, I care about every single one of my members equally.”

A sigh could be heard from Tiffany’s side.

“You haven’t been showing that lately…anyways I have to go. The doctor just said he wanted to talk to us about Jessica. Bye.”

Tiffany hung up before Taeyeon got the chance to bid her good bye.

“Aish children these days…”

“Taeyeon-ah!”

“What?”

Jessica came out of her room with her pajamas on and neatly brushed hair.

“I’m bored.”

“Well then look for some DVDs in the cabin to watch or something.”

“I’ve watched everything there already, they’re so boring.”

“Well than what do you want to do?”

Jessica picked her head up and beamed a gigantic smile at her.

“I want to go to a carnival!”

“Well then go. Be back before midnight.”

Jessica laughed off Taeyeon’s command.

“Hey, what’s so funny?”

“You, haha we’re going to go together you silly.”

“What?! I can't, unlike someone I’m not a floating soul that can go anywhere she wants. Besides I have work tomorrow.”

“Aigoo, you’re such a work-a-holic. We don't have schedules for the next week, remember?”

Taeyeon was struck by surprise.

Oh yeah, i cant belive i forgot

“Anyways I still can't go.”

“Why not?!”

Jessica stomped her foot down like a child.

“I don't like carnivals, especially late at night. Besides what if someone recognizes me?”

“They won’t.”

“And how would you know that?”

“Because I’m here.”

Jessica said with a goofy smile on. Taeyeon ended laughing a bit, she knew Jessica was being sarcastic, but for some reason she felt safe in a way.

“Nope, I’m not going. Go all you want, I’m staying.”

~

 

~

 

~

“WEEEEEE!! Ha-Ha!”

People around by were a little weird out by the brunette sitting alone in a bumper car meant for two people. What’s more frightening was the fact that she was wearing a face mask and really dark sunglass, in 10 o’clock at night.

 

“Oppa, she’s so weird!”

“Yeah she’s probably a psychopath, Yoobum-ah let’s stay away from her.”

“Yeah let’s go. She gives me the creeps.”

A passing by couple quickly and quietly retreated from the bumper car game in the newly opened carnival.

 

 

“Boy, you seem to be having a lot of fun.”

“How can you not have fun when it comes to bumper cars?”

“And who was the one that didn’t want to come in the first place. You screamed louder than me when we rode the roller coaster.”

“Because that was scary, and fun at the same time. Ha-ha.”

Jessica and Taeyeon had just gotten out of the two seated bumper car and was strolling around minding their own business when Taeyeon saw a few people starring at her.

When she turned to face them, they all quickly turned around.

“Why are they all looking at me? Oh my god, they must recognize me!”

“Relax, they’re just staring because you’re so weird.”

“Yah!”

Taeyeon tried to slap Jessica’s arm but she quickly dodged it while laughing.

 

“Omo, oppa it’s the weird girl again.”

“Why is she slapping thin air?”

“I don't know, you're probably right when you said she’s psychopath. Let’s leave I'm scared.”

“Yeah, come on Yoobum.”

 

Jessica and Taeyeon were walking when Jessica suddenly stopped. Taeyeon noticed and questioned her.

“What’s wrong?”

“Why are there pigeons here?!”

“What? This is the city of course there’s pigeons here. and lots of people feed them bread crumbs so they come back often.”

“I like, really really really detest birds of any kind.”

“Huh? What’s so bad about birds?”

“They’re disgusting! Ew! I think that one is flying over! Let’s run for it.”

“Wha—yah! It’s a bird!”

By that time Jessica had already pulled on her hand and dragged her away from the flock of pigeons.

“Omo! They’re flying towards us, should we call 119?!”

“Jessica don't be silly.”

“Ah, you’re right. What’s the number for animal control? Let’s just call them instead.”

“Jessica! They’re not going to attack you!”

“You don't know that, they’re wild animals!”

“Jessica, I'm running out of breath…*phew…*phew.”

Jessica stopped in front of a public bathroom.

“Wow that was close, Taeyeon-ah I just saved your life.”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes continued her walked leaving Jessica behind.

“Hey, come back here. You know it’s rude to walk away from someone who’s talking to you. Stop.”

Taeyeon had actually stopped at her tracks but she wasn’t facing Jessica at all. She was staring at a carnival game stand.

The old man sitting inside the stand noticed and tried to attract her into playing his game.

 

“Hey there little lady, want to try? It’s only 5,000 won for three tries.”

“What do you have to do?”

“All you’ve got to do is spray down all those cans with this water gun.”

Taeyeon dug into her purse for her wallet.

“Sounds easy enough, here.”

Taeyeon handed him a 10,000 won bill and aimed her water gun at the cans. But nothing is what it seems, seconds after the game had started the cans started moving.

“What?!”

“Hurry! Before you’re two minutes is up.”

“Two minutes?! Yah! Ahjussi, you didn’t tell me there was going to be a time limit.”

“Whoops must have left that part out, ha-ha sorry.”

Jessica watched from behind.

Something fishy is going on; Jessica suspected the old man was pulling a trick.

She walked behind him and went to his stand. Taeyeon was too engrossed in the game to notice her. Jessica looked around the stand for anything suspicious.

Ah ha! Just as I suspected.

Jessica saw that under the table, the old man kept stepping on a little red button. At first she didn’t know what the random button was for but then she noticed.

Every time Taeyeon came close to hitting the cans, the man would step on the button and the cans would ‘magically’ move away.

“Alright time’s up! Sorry little lady, better luck next time.”

Taeyeon stared at the clock in disbelief.

How could time have gone by so fast?

Jessica came out of the stand and motioned for Taeyeon to follow her. The sad and depressed Taeyeon hung her head low and followed her away from the game. The old man waved happily while counting his money.

 

“…I can't believe I didn’t win…”

“Of course you didn’t the game is rigged.”

“What?! That liar, ugh! I want my money back!”

“Ha-ha aw how cute, you’re mad over 10,000 won.”

“Yah, it’s not funny, and it’s not about the money. It’s about him being dishonest and tricking people’s money.”

Taeyeon quickened her pace and mumbled her complains.

“Ugh! I really wanted the black puppy as the prize.”

“You’re quite adorable when you get mad…”

Taeyeon stopped walking and turned back to Jessica.

“What?”

“Um nothing I didn’t say anything…..”

“No, no I heard it. You’re quite blah blah when you get blah blah. What did you say?”

“I ugh….I just said you looked… quite ugly when you get mad ha-ha.”

Jessica scratched the back of her head trying to think of a substitute word for her original statement.

When Taeyeon heard what she said, her expressions quickly turned sour. Jessica noticed and realized what she said.

“Wait...no! I didn’t mean that, really I didn’t I'm sorry.”

“….”

“Please don't be mad.”

Taeyeon looked up from the ground and smiled at her.

“Why would I be mad, I can't force people to like my face now can I? ha…ha”

Taeyeon looked back at the ground and Jessica silently kicked herself mentally.

“No, I’m serious I didn’t mean what I said. You’re pretty!”

Unfortunately Taeyeon didn’t seem convinced at all.

 “I’m tired and it’s getting pretty late. I’m going to go home, ok? You can stay if you want.”

“Wait, hey Taeyeon. Sto—“

Too late, Taeyeon was already gone from her sight. Jessica smacked herself on the head.

“Real smooth, Jessica. Gosh that was so stupid. Everything was perfect until you opened your stupid mouth!”

Jessica ruffled her hair in annoyance. She was about to go home and try to tell Taeyeon she really didn’t mean it.

 

 

 

 

 

...But, suddenly she got a better idea.