“I’m her aren’t I?”

62 Days

The sudden hug was not something Taeyeon would have expected. She didn’t know what to do or why the girl that she has been pretending didn’t exist would suddenly hug her like that.

A little part of her wanted to hug her back but the majority of her knew she had to push the girl away. Taeyeon took her hands and pealed the crying Jessica away from her.

 

“Why are you hugging me?”

“I can’t believe it! You’re her! I found you!”

“What the heck are you talking about, Jessica”

Just before Jessica could answer, a voice came from outside.

“Taeyeon who are you talking to?”

Before Taeyeon said anything, Jessica put her hand on Taeyeon’s mouth.

“Shhh, don’t tell them you're talking to me. Say you’re on the phone”

Taeyeon didn’t know what was going on but for some strange reason she followed Jessica’s commands. Jessica took her hand away from Taeyeon’s face.

“I’m on the phone”

Jessica smiled that Taeyeon didn’t rebel against her directions. Taeyeon closed the door behind her and locked it.

“Ok Jung Jessica I don’t know what you’re trying to pull off here, but you better explain what’s going….”

Taeyeon was cut off again. But this time it was by Jessica’s lips. Jessica had crashed her soft lips against Taeyeon’s moist ones. Her hand s behind Taeyeon’s small waist and was pushing her against the wall.

Taeyeon’s eyes shot open and used all her force to peal Jessica’s body away from hers. When she finally succeeded, she slapped the taller girl across her face. Hard. Really really hard.

“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!?!”

Taeyeon was furious and looked like she was about to kill someone. The slap woke Jessica up, she realized she let her emotions get the best of her and took advantage of her fragile leader.

“I’m so sorry, I really am. Please let me explain.”

“Well?! What are you waiting for?!"

But once again before Jessica could talk, a knock on the door interrupted her.

“Taeyeon-ah are you ok? What’s going on in there?”

That was Sunny. She sounded pretty worried.

“You can’t tell them I'm here, please Taeyeon.”

Jessica was almost begging her. You’d think after that kiss Taeyeon would be mad and stormed off without listening to the girl, but no Taeyeon still chose to protect her from whatever Jessica was trying to avoid.

“Nothing Sunny, I was just um….watching a YouTube video. It’s ok”

“Oh ok, just don’t scream again. You almost made me choke on my chocolate”

When Taeyeon made sure Sunny was gone she turned back to Jessica again and demanded for answers.

“Talk, Jung”

“ok, ok. Well here’s the thing…….I’m dying”

“What?! Do you have cancer or a brain tumor or….”

“Taeyeon relax, I’m not sick”

“Then why are you dying?! Are you trying to pull a prank on me?”

“what? No, Taeyeon I’m serious”

“Jessica what’s going on?”

“You should probably sit down for this”

Jessica led Taeyeon to have a seat on her bed. After that, she spilled everything. EVERYTHING.

Taeyeon had a poker face on at the end.

“Well? What do you think?”

“Wow Jessica, I can’t believe you.”

“What are…”

“Did you have to go that far for a cheap joke?”

“huh?”

“I can’t believe you would kid around about something so serious?! Do you have no morals?! I almost cried because I was so scared you were dying. But at the end it’s just a lame prank”

“Taeyeon, I'm not lying”

“Oh you’re not lying? Wow ha ha, Jessica Jung, it’s so funny. You can stop your act now.”

“Taeyeon I swear I'm not”

“You should be in a new drama with that acting, I bet the ratings would go so high”

“Damn it, Taeyeon will you just believe me?”

“Stop, just….stop. It’s not funny anymore.”

“It was never funny! You are really the only one that can see me right now”

Taeyeon held her head back in disbelief. Jessica was getting pissed off. She grabbed a hold of Taeyeon’s hand and pulled her up. Of course with her natural reflexes, Taeyeon pulled her hand back right away.

“Just come with me outside for one second. I can prove that I'm not lying”

“You're still going at this.”

“Please Taeyeon…”

Jessica twisted the door handle and walked outside waiting for Taeyeon to do the same. Without hesitation, Taeyeon followed Jessica out. She couldn’t wait for Jessica to break this stupid joke. Any second now her members would be jumping out shouting “gotcha!”

They walked down the hallways and into the living room. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon had just came home from filming.

“Hey Taeyeon.”

They greeted her. Jessica told her to stay there and not to move or talk. She walked in front of Sooyoung and flicked her forehead.

“Ow!”

“What happened?”

“I don’t know. But it felt like something just hit my head. Ouch it hurts, a lot”

Sooyoung rubbed her forehead with her fingers. Taeyeon was at the corner trying to hold back a laugh. Jessica went to the next girl which was Yuri gave her a nudge on the top of her head.

“owwwwww!”

“Whoa, Yuri what happened to your hair, it’s all fizzy”

Yuri quickly covered the crown of her head in embarrassment and tried to fix her hair. It was a miracle Taeyeon wasn’t bursting into laughers right now.

“Do you believe me now?”

Taeyeon rolled her eyes at her. Jessica saw this as a challenge. She walked over to the light switches and flickered them on and off.

“What’s going on!?”

“I'm scared”

“Is this apartment haunted?!”

“Ahhhhh!”

The members were scared out of their pants. Taeyeon couldn’t hold it in anymore and started laughing really hard. Jessica had stopped flickering the lights.

“yah! Kim Taeyeon why are you laughing?”

“I bet it was her messing with us the whole time”

“How dare you Taeyeon?!”

Taeyeon widened her eyes as she was accused of something Jessica did. Didn’t her members see the dirty blonde walking across the room and did all those things?

“No it wasn’t me I swear, it was Jessica”

“Jessica? Haha Taeyeon, do you see Jessica here? She’s at her parents’ house”

“No really it was her the entire time”

“You’re a bad liar Taeng. GET HER!”

The entire band got up and grabbed the cushions and charged at Taeyeon. Except seohyun and Yuri, they grabbed a balloon hammer.

 

*

 

For the next half an hour or so, they have been chasing Taeyeon around the house. Until she had been able to escape to her room and lock the door.

“Phew, I got out alive”

“Now do you believe me?”

Jessica’s head popped out through the door behind her and that made Taeyeon jump back screaming.

“Ho...how did you do that?”

“I told you before, you just didn’t listen”

Jessica pouted.

“Are you really…dying?”

The words were hard for Taeyeon to say, even though they don’t talk anymore. The fact that one of her members could be gone in only 62 days frightened her.

“Yeah, my body is dying. But I can’t go back”

“Where’s your body then?! Do you remember where the car crash took place? Did you see the driver’s face? I swear once I get my hands on him, I’ll give him a piece of my mind!”

“Taeyeon, calm down. The truth, is I don’t even remember where the crash is. It just happened so suddenly. But I’m pretty sure someone will come across it soon and it’ll be on the news and headlines. I'm a big celebrity after all.”

Jessica joked with a huge cocky smile on. But Taeyeon wasn’t in the mood for any fooling around.

“Be serious! This isn’t a game! It’s no time for jokes!”

“…sorry”

There was a long silence when neither of the girls wanted to speak.

“… have you found your soul mate yet?”

Jessica looked at Taeyeon for the longest time.

“I’m her aren’t I?”

Jessica nodded.