invisible

62 Days

 

“Where am I?”

Jessica woke up in a dim room with light rays coming out of nowhere. It seems like she was the only living creature there.

“#30415?”

“huh?”

 

A flashy portal appeared right in front of her and out came a tall man in a black suit. Though everything about him seemed normal, he clearly was not your everyday hottie. Instead of ears coming out of the sides of your head, he has fox like ears peeping out of his hair on the top of his head. Not only that, but you could obviously see the long tail he had behind his .

 

“wh…who are you?! Wha…what am I doing here?! WHAT are you?!”

“Relax 30415, or should I say Jessica Jung?”

“How do you know my name? I swear if you don’t answer me right now I will beat the crap out of you!”

Jessica was about to grab the man’s collar but before she even took another step towards him, he was gone. He simply vanished. Confused and angry, Jessica looked around the room to find the guy, only to see him standing a few feet behind her.

 

“Jessica you need to calm down.”

Jessica furiously stomped her way to him while talking through her gritted teeth.

“EXPLAIN! NOW!”

“Ok, but first you have to settle down”

Jessica stopped at her tracks and took in deep breaths to calm herself down.

 

“Fine. I’m calm. Now talk.”

“Very well, Jessica this is what you call the room between space and time. The reason you’re here is because….well, you’re dead”

“WHAT?! You’re just bullsh*tting”

“I’m not. You’re not exactly dead, more like in a coma. But sadly, after a while you will soon die because your soul is not inside your body. A normal human’s body can survive being soulless for only 62 days”

“Well? Then what are you waiting for? Bring me back to my body”

“Will you just listen to my story?!”

You could tell the fox man was running out of patients. Jessica was startled and a little scared. After the guy’s outburst she stayed mute and listened.

 

“You were in a car accident, don’t you remember?”

The memories were slowly sinking back into Jessica’s head as she quietly nodded her head.

The crash. The simple thought of it sent chills down her spine. She was returning back to her dorm after visiting her parents. Everything was normal for a second, until she heard a speeding vehicle coming closer and closer. She turned her head around just in time to see the truck coming right at her white BMW. Before she knew it, everything turned black and the pain from the crash was long gone. Her entire body was numb.

 

“So I see you’ve remembered. Technically you should be seeing the ‘big guy’ right now. But I pulled up your soul just in time before you could join the line along with the other lifeless souls”

“Why? Why me?”

The fox man shrugged.

“I have my reasons. You will find out later. But that’s not important right now, what’s actually important is for you to return back into your body.”

“Why am I not in my body yet, then?”

“That’s the hard part. Jessica, in order for you to return, you must complete a task. A difficult one. You must reconnect with the one you have lost”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Think about it, only you will know who this person is. You’re soul has no energy in it, in order to recharge it, you must find someone you love and that person has to love you back. You guys must connect through love. They’re like you’re soul mate in a way”

“Boy, can you be anymore cheesy?”

He shrugged his shoulders again.

“It’s either that, or you die”

Jessica let out a sigh.

“So what now?”

“Keep in mind that no one knows about your case yet. We are the only two that knows so far. If anyone finds out I’m pulling strings and breaking the rules, we both gets sent to the ‘chamber’. It’s like a living hell Jessica”

Jessica nodded. She had no idea what the chamber was but just by the tone of his voice was enough to creep the girl out.

 

“Now, I will send you back to the human world. You will be invisible to everyone, even your family, but your soul mate is the only exception. Only they can see you.”

Jessica gave him another nod and waited for more information.

“I’d give them around one more day to find your body and car. After all you were in a pretty abandoned highway, but since you’re a celebrity, news will travel way faster. Are you ready?”

“Yeah”

He out his manly hand on her shoulder and closed his eyes.

“WAIT!!”

He shot his eyes open and stared at her.

“I don’t know you’re name”

For the first time, the fox like man smiled

“Call me TOP”

TOP once again put his hand on her shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. The lights were flashing again, only this time much more rapid.

Seconds later Jessica was in front of her dorm. TOP was no long with her. She looked around and everyone seemed to be passing her without batting an eyelash. Usually they would swarm her with cameras and asking for her autograph.

In a fading voice she could hear TOP saying “Good luck Jessica, See you in 62 days”