Prick In The Eyes

Pinch Of Salt

                                           

Mr. Bang guided me into the house, the living room was modern, spacious, clean and comfotable. 

"Take a seat there," He led me halfway to the sofa, "I will get the first aid box." He smiled. 

I sat down and looked around, suddenly, I felt a strong force behind me. A very tight tension. I turned and looked, it was Jung Daehyun, crossing his arms, staring at me. I glared and rolled my eyes. 

"Did you do it on purpose?" He asked, coincidentally, into my abled ears. "Now what? Trying to be a crybaby in front of my hyung?" He pushed my back a little. 

I swallowed some saliva, stopping my tears from falling down. 

"You know her?" The tall guy, or.. Himchan asked. 

"She is a jinx." Jung Daehyun 'tch' and went to the empty space beside me, sat down harshly, causing the sofa to bounce a little. "So what do you want?" He crossed his legs and leaned backwards. "You know what? You are so far the ugliest crybaby I ever seen." 

"Better shut up now, the actual ugly jinx." Mr. Bang came out from I-have-no-idea-where, saying that loudly. 

"I am out of this.." I saw Himchan putting both his hands out, showing his palms, shrugged his shoulder and walked off. "I will get her a drink.."

"Ya hyung! You betrayer!!" Jung Daehyun's facial expression changed drastically, from arrogant to blank and now, it's full of fear and guiltiness. "Hyung.. I.." He was about to argue but stopped right after Mr. Bang put his finger in front of his lips, gesturing him to shut up. 

Mr. Bang looked at me, smiled with a light nod. "If it's painful, just let me know, you can pinch that monkey if you want." He stared at Jung Daehyun harshly. "Anyways, I have not get to know your name.." 

I was looking at Jung Daehyun. As Mr. Bang's sentence popped out, his eyes widened, mouthed opened. His popped eyes were circulating between Mr. Bang and me. 

"Sorry if I didn't answer to your question, my left ear is deaf and I lost my hearing aid." Pointing to my left ear (While looking at JungDaehyun, unfolding his arms, sitting up staright, observing my left ear), and continued, "My right ear only has 80% of hearing ability." 

Mr. Bang smiled kindly, "I understand. So I have to talk to your right ear now?" He leaned a little forward. "Can you hear me?"

I nodded. 

"Tch! Best actress of the year!" Jung Daehyun spouted sacarsticly, rolling his eyes. 

"Ignore him." Mr. Bang smiled and nodded. "Do mind telling me what happened to your leg? Was it because of them??" Mr. Bang smiled again, looking down at the dressing and ointment, prepaing. It was, warm and fatherly.

"I.. I fell.." I looked at Jung Daehyun, he caught me looking so he quickly looked away. "By myself." I took a deep breath. 

"Just? Take good care, scars are not nice." Mr. Bang adviced. "Oh. May I know, your name?

I nodded quickly. "I am Soo Hee, An Soo Hee." 

"SZZZ~ Even the name, pricks my ears!" Jung Daehyun dug his ear with his finger. Cowardly, he stopped as Mr. Bang shoot a fierce glare at him. "Araso, I will WATCH! Happy?!" He opened his arms in dismay, then crossed it. Turned his head and faced the floor, nodding his head. 

Mr. Bang wrapped my fingers with a red plaster after disinfecting and applying ointment. "The cut is not deep, just remember to change the dressing and avoid soaking into water.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Bang." I stood up and bowed. "And the noodle.. I will send my colleague for re-delivery by 6pm." 

"Yong Guk." He replied. 

From the side of my eyes, I saw JungMonkey's eyes widened again. His eyes were as big as mandu, watching us, the eyeballs were rotating quickly from left to right. 

"Call me Yong Guk, Mr. Bang is a little too.. Weird." Yong Guk massaged the back of his neck, "And, I will be waiting for the re-delivery. About the damages..

"No problem, since we are also at fault, the damages can be weigh off" I smiled. 

"Done?" JungMonkey came closer, crossing his arm. "Then please GTFO of my sight now, you prick." He whispered into my right ear. As he bent forward, he looked towards Yong Guk as well. All of a sudden, he stood up straight, "Please.. Just leave now." I suspect that Yong Guk was giving him that killer stare. "Bye, not sending you out." JungMonkey laid back to the sofa. 

"Hold on!" Yong Guk called as I walked towards the door. 

I turned around. 

"Himchan! KIM HIM CHAN!" Yong Guk called loudly towards the kitchen. "Come out now!

"Mwooooo~" Himchan came out with a tray of beverage. "Leaving already? I just made  some tea.." He faked a surprize face. 

"Apologize." Yong Guk stood still and said in a straight yet firm tone. 

JungMonkey stood up. "Hyung..

"You too." Yong Guk added. "What makes you think that I believe that her leg injuries has nothing to do with you, Jung Daehyun?"

Himchan tried to explain, "Gukkie ah, I was just..." 

"Now or never." Yong Guk didn't give in a single bit. "Same goes to you, Daehyun. Final chance.

Himchan let out a heavy sigh, "Hey, Miss Jajangmyeon deliverer, sorry." He ruffled his hair as soon as he finished his line. 

I bowed, "It's okay it's okay.." 

"And you?" Yong Guk narrowed his eyes at JungMonkey. 

"So....ry." He said very softly that I could barely hear him.

"I CANNOT HEAR YOU!" Yong Guk screamed right into his face. 

"I AM SORRY!" JungMonkey diverted the scream to me, yelling at me. 

"Good." Yong Guk nodded bossily. "I am going out, so you two better think about what the two of you are really lacking." Yong Guk then grabbed his coat from the coat hanger and left to the door. 

I was stunted, as I regained my conscious, I followed Yong Guk as he left the house. 

As I was walking slowly, someone grabbed my wrist really hard. "You. Watch out." JungMonkey pointed his finger in my face. I pulled my wrist back and glared at him, leaving the house.