Pinch Of Salt

Pinch Of Salt

 

Still in shock, I could not accept the fact that I have tasted something. It was the first time in my life. Sat in the counter, stoning. 

"Ya!" Daehyun called. "Go home.." He said. 

                                                   

"Orh." I agreed and stood up, looking blank. Daehyun waved in front of my face. I looked up at him, "Daehyun, can you do me a favour??"

He seemed very surprised. "What?" 

"Can you.. Cook the ramen again?" I continued. "Just like how you did it just now.." 

"I just heat it and then I add chilli and a pinch of salt." He said, nearly irritated. 

"Can you please.. Cook it again?" I ignored his expression. "Please.." Nearly crying. 

He took off his cap and messed up his hair. "Don't cry don't cry, oh my god!" ... "I will cook it okay!" He protested. "Arg!" Why do girls love cying so much!" He went into the kitchen. "Where did I do wrong!" 

"Daehyun. Thank you.." I mumbled to myself. 

 

After awhile, Daehyun came out from the kitchen with a straight face. 

                                          

"Now, eat." He put the bowl of ramen on the table and hang the apron randomly on the chair. 

"Thank you..." I replied. Grabbing onto the spoon, I took a sip of the hot soup. My eyes brightened as the fluid touched my pallate, that soft aroma of sea, which is the saltiness. The slight sting on my tongue, so-called spiciness. It's blast from my tongue to my tearducts. My eyes, were blurred by the tears again. I am very happy. 

"What again? Going to cry?" Daehyun quickly bent down. "Uljima..." He handed a piece of tissue. "What if the people outsiede think that I just bullied you?" 

"No.. I just.." I sobbed and dried my eyes. "Daehyun.. Can you..Follow me to the kitchen?" 

He was surprised. "Huh?" 

"Follow me to the kitchen, and teach me how to differentiate the flavours.." I requested. 

"Now?" He stared at his watch, "It's already 12.." He added. 

"Please?" I frowned pitifully. 

"Ok! Ok! I get it!" He put his hands up like he surrendered. "Let's go." He moved on to the kitchen. 

 

                                               

We entered the kitchen and I took out all the seasonings. Salt, sugar, chili sauce and vinegar. 

Daehyun stood at the side, leaning onto table and folded his arms. 

I scooped a small spoon of sugar and put it onto my tongue, gently melting it and nope, I don't feel anything, I shook my head. Not wanting to give up, I moved on to vinegar, I concentrated in tasting it but  it was disappointing. I didn't manage to taste anything either. I continued to took the salt. The spoon was not there, I looked at Daehyun. 

"I.. I lost the spoon, that's why I used my finger.." He rubbed his thumb and index finger together. "I cleaned them before using." 

"Then can you.. Lend me your fingers?" I asked. 

"What?" He frowned. 

"Please?" I pleaded. 

"Haiz.." He sighed. "Come..Faster! I want to go home.. " He hinted me to pass him the salt container. He took a pinch and sprinkled onto my tongue. "Tasted anything?" 

I nodded multiple times.. "Can you try.. Sugar..?" 

He rolled his eyes, "Last one okay? If you can't taste it then forget it.." He pinched a bit of the sugar and sprinkle it onto my tongue. It's a tint of spring in my mouth, the smell of honey mixture.. It was.. The best flavour I have tasted so far. 'How was it?" Daehyun looked at my amazed facial expression and asked. 

I hugged him tightly, "I can! I can taste it! I can!" I started jumping with my hands over his neck. He started laughing. 

"But I thought you tried the sugar just now?" He put my hands away and asked. 

"I can't taste anything.. At first. Till, you gave it to me with your fingers..." I thought for a second.

"Sounds wrong." He smirked. 

"Hey!" I pushed him a bit. "But why...." 

"Because.. MAGICCCCCC~" He wriggled his fingers. 

"Don't joke around!" I protested. 

"Let's think about that tomorrow.. I am sleepy.." He stretched. 

"Wait.." I called. "We have to clean up.." 

"What the...." He stared at me while I just giggled and walked away. "Why are you so weird today!!" He shouted as I started cleaning up. 

 

 

 

 

*So SooHee can only taste things that Daehyun touched? ... Is this her destiny? Or just coincidental? Back with an update, and hopefully I can update more now! ^^ Follow me at @VL827 (Twitter)  okay?  Don't forget to subscribe, comment, upvotes and lalalalalala~ Comment! Let's talked baby~ ^^*