Naturally Neutral

Pinch Of Salt

 

It was around 9am when we arrived at the shop and as we entered, Daehyun was already standing right in front of the counter, waiting. 

He smiled slightly which caused me to pay attention to the swelling red mark at the edge of his lips. 

                                                 

"Good Morning." He said, touching his lips as he realized that I was focusing on them. "YongGuk hyung asked me to.. Invite all of you to our apartment for dinner tonight.." 

Hana-Unnie settled her routine and agreed, "YongGuk have told me so just now, I already agreed to go, no worries." She patted Daehyun's shoulder and moved on to the kitchen. 

"Okay..." I nodded with a straight face and passed by Daehyun. 

"SooHee.." He stopped me. 

"Yes?" I turned smiling at him with my eyes widenly opened.

"You will be coming too, right?" He asked, squinting his eyes. 

I nodded. "Why not?" 

He smiled brightly and then started wiping the tables with much strength as you can see the table rocking as he wiped them. 

I turned and walked away, "Actually!" Daehyun's voice came by from the back, "I want to talk to you.." 

I agreed and we went to the rooftop of the shop. 

                                            

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I took a deep fresh breath from the open air and asked. 

"How do you feel about all these?" Daehyun approached closer and asked. "After all these which have happened." 

"Nothing much, it' just small things." I laughed it off. 

He came closer, "To me, it's not." I reversed a little. "SooHee, I admit that at first I didn't like the place, I didn't like you or anyone else." He still approached. "But because of you, you make me feel like I am not given up by people, I feel care.. It's funny but, whenever I am angry, I will immediately smile when I think of you." 

"So?" I replied. 

"Remember you said that if you can't taste anything, is like being a human without emotions?" Daehyun continued. "I have no idea why.. I have no idea why when I am the one trying out, you can taste the flavor. No one can explain it, but after yesterday, I knew it very clearly.."

I walked some distant away. "Daehyun stop." 

"SooHee... If you still dislike me like how you used to be, I feel unjust. I tried my best to change, and I don't even know why. And now, I have the answer in my mine, and it's you. It's you, SooHee!" He pulled me into his embrace and tightened it. 

"Dae.. Daehyun.. Let me make.. make this clear!" I pulled myself out. "I.. Have no feelings for you." 

"THEN WHO? YONGGUK HYUNG?" He argued. "He treats all of us like his dongsaengs, you know that it is impossible, right?" 

I took a deep breath to swallow my frustration, "Because I like JongUp, I want to be with him, not you." 

"SooHee?" A familiar voice came from the door and we both turned, JongUp was there, holding the door. "Are you serious?" He came forward and grabbed my hand, "Really?"

I nodded, facing Daehyun. "Yes, I want to be with you, JongUp." I turned and face JongUp. 

"No, this is not true.." Daehyun hold his head and grabbed his hair, messing it up. "SooHee.." He started nodding randomly. 'I got it.. I got it.." He left the rooftop. 

"Are you okay?" JongUp asked as my eyes were shining with moist under the sun, watching Daehyun leave. 

"Yes. Let's go back to work.." I smiled and sighed. 

 

 

*Short update! But Daehyun's confession is so.. Cheesy. I can't. I am having a sore throat now, so I should turn n earlier. Anyways! Thanks for reading this story, subbing, commenting and upvoting! Don't stop my babies~ ^^ Follow me on Twitter @VL827 too~*