Dating Moon Jong Up

Pinch Of Salt

 

"SooHee.. I am thinking.. Later before we go to Bang Yong Guk's house.. We have 3 hours spare time.." JongUp said as we wiped the utensils in the kitchen. 

I looked at him, "And then..?" I titled my head. 

                                                     

 

He smiled. "Should we go to the....."

"Okay." I replied without any hesitation, assuming what he was about to say. 

"Huh?" He was surprised. "Really?" 

"Yeah, manga shop right?" I threw the cloth aside and pushed the utensils aside, "After I wash my hands." I beamed. 

He followed, again. 

"Hyung!" Junhong came in with Daehyun. "Hana-Unnie needs our help to clear the old cardboards. 

"Just let Daehyun go with you, I have a date with JongUp after this!" I hooked onto JongUp's arm and smiled. 

"But Hana-Unnie needs all THREE of us." Daehyun rolled his eyes, touched his nose in dismay and said. 

I hooked JongUp tighter and moved forward, closer to them. "How about.. I go help too?" I asked JongUp instead. 

Daehyun took a deep breath, "Fine, enjoy your goddamn date!" He swung his arms in the air and left, banging the kitchen door. 

"En..njoy!" JunHong added and quickly rushed out. 

"Done?" JongUp asked. 

I bitterly replied and we left the shop. I didn't know why I felt bad and regretful. 

 

                                         

 

We entered a shopping mall and JongUp continued to walk, and we went down to the basement, where all of food stalls are located.

"Why are you bringing me here?" I asked as we walked pass all the delicious looking, tempting food stalls. "We are going to have dinner later.." 

JongUp didn't say anything but mouthed, "Wait, just follow." We walked a ittle and.. "Ta-dah! It's GongCha!" 

"Bubble tea?" I blinked a few times. 

"Remember 2 weeks ago, you were reading a newspaper and you told us how much you want to visit the place and to drink bubble tea?" He started digging into his bag, and showed his wallet, 'Let's drink, to congratulate our first date?" He smiled so brightly which hurts me, from the inside. "What do you want to drink? I heard my classmates saying that their signatured milk tea is the best!" He flashed a thumb up. 

"Hmm, then.. signatured milk tea." I shrugged my shoulder. He seems like he forgot that the flavour does not matter to me at all. 

"Okay.." He then held my shoulders and moved me to the side. "You wait here. I will order" He eye-smiled. What that pricked my heart even deeper. 

We got our drinks and went to a seat allocated in the middle of the mall, for shoppers to rest their feet and eat the food the bought there. 

"JongUp.." I said, while he was distributing the bubble tea. 

"Um?" He fold his lips inwards, waiting for me to continue. 

"Nothing.. It's okay." I smiled. 

"Oh.." He put the straw into my drink, "Drink it." 

I sipped a little, all I feel is the smoothness of the milk. "Actually.." I finally decided to tell him. 

"Yes?" JongUp took a big sip and looked up at me. 

"JongUp, I am sorry." I apologised. 

He smiled. "I know, is about Daehyun, right?" He then continued, "You said you like me, because you don't know how to reject Daehyun, right?" 

I nodded, JongUp still knew me the best. 

"And,you didn't want to admit that you like Bang Yong Guk because you know he don't feel mutual for you, right?" He added.

I nodded again, "But how do you know?"

"It's not like we know each other just yesterday~" He replied. "I am always preparing for the worst, hahaha." He laughed at himself. "And I know you are planning to ask me to date you in front of Daehyun, my answer is NO." He emphasized. 

"JongUp ah..." Guilt filled me. 

"You know why? Because you can't avoid it forever." He added. "I might not look smart but I am actually, consider smart." 

I laughed a bit. 

"Don't laugh at me~" He flicked at my forehead. "What I was trying to say is.. If he likes you, and you have it for him.. Give it a try." 

I shook my head, "But I don't." 

"Then give him a chance.." JongUp quickly replied. "Or, you still likes Yong Guk no matter what?" 

"NO!" I sat up straight. "I was jsut naive to think that when a guy treat you well means he likes you.. And that's why I like him back!" 

"Oh, and then Daehyun is opposite? He treat you so badly but ended up he is the one who loves you the most?" He teased. 

I hit him, "No! Not love, no love!" 

"Ok ok!" he hid his face behind his arms. "So.. Now that we make it clear.. You have to make it clear with him too.."

"Make it clear what?" I started drinking non-stop to hide my words. 

"Okay, let's go to Bang Yong Guk's house now!" He stood up and we left the mall. 

 

 

 

*Hello! Keke, how's life? (@VL827)