Overtime & Supper

Pinch Of Salt

 

The day have been long, thankfully JongUp and Daehyun didn't actually fight with each other like how they used to be a week ago. 

It was 8pm and Hana-Unnie was preparing the closing as per usual, however, tonight is a little special, a big group of office workers were having the gathering and it was impossible to close at the exact timing. 

Junhong was yawning and JongUp was sitting at a corner, reading his notes anxiously. 

Hana-Unnie served the table their requested soju and came into the counter, where Daehyun and I were in. 

"Seriously? Since 5.30pm.." Hana-Unnie complaint as she scanned her wrist watch. "SooHee ah.." 

I turned and looked at her, I was busy watching the music program on the TV. "Ne?" 

"Is it okay if you.. Stay for the night..?" Hana-Unnie requested timidly. "Since.. You are no longer going to school..." She added. 

I nodded. "No problem." My attention was fully to the TV screen. 

"Is it okay if you are alone?" Hana-Unnie asked. "Because I have to go back to my DaeJeon house tonight..." She tried to explain. 

I didn't make any eye contact and nodded. "Ne.." 

"JongUp and Junhong have school tomorrow.. So.." Hana-Unnie continued. 

"Why not.. I stay with her?" Daehyun suggested, which caused all 4 of us to experience the biggest jaw drop in our life. 

"You...?" Hana-Unnie narrowed her eyes, "Really?" I 

Daehyun nodded as confirmation. 

"No!" JongUp stood up. "You don't have to." 

"Hey! Waiter! Water please, water!" The customer called as they saw JongUp standing up. 'Hurry!" They urged. 

"Ne! Ne!" JongUp cutely panicked a little and served them the water. 

Hana-Unnie looked at me but I wasn't reacting. "Okay, then Daehyun will stay with SooHee tonight." She put her hand on Daehyun's shoulder, "Then I don't have to worry of SooHee's safety, right?" 

"Not a problem." Daehyun promised. "You are going to pay us for overtime right?" 

JongUp returned and threw his empty tray onto the counter table, "You shall not stay. I will stay." 

"Nope JongUppie. Noona just planned to let you and Junhonggie return to your hostel." Hana-Unnie tidied JongUp's collar. "Sleep early for school tomorrow, good boy" She patted JongUp's head and started packing her bag. 

"Let's go.. I am sleepy.." Junhong stood up, stretched his body with a wide yawn. 

"Um.. Bye." I waved and beamed. "Goodnight JongUp!" I tried to cheer him up. 

"Bye!" They said in unison. "SooHee, take care." JongUp added. 

"Araso! Bye~" I waved at him again. 

 

Not long after they left... 

                                      

"They finally decided to call for bill and leave.." I announced in relief, "So tiring~" I stretched. 

"I will go clean the dishes." Daehyun took a deep breath and proceed. "Growls~" A soft growling came from nowhere, no.. It was from Daehyun. 

"Are you.. By any chance hungry?" I asked in a way that he won't feel embarassed. 

"Are you?" He returned the question. 

I looked down at his stomach area, "I am, are you?" 

"There are some leftovers ramen in the fridge, do you want to warm it?" He suggested. 

"Can you warm it instead? I need to count the money.." I discussed. "Or.. You count the money......"

"No thanks, Hana do no trust me with the cash, you know, right?" He commented. 

I examined his expression, full of disappointment. "But.. I trust you." 

He smiled, "Okay you won, I will warm it." 

"What?!" I got confused. I ignored the feeling and continued counting the money. 

 

                                        

"Hot hot hot hot!" After awhile, Daehyun rushed out from the kitchen a placed a bowl of ramen on the table. "Hot hot hot!" He quickly pinched his ears. He looked..  Fun and adorable. 

"Stop overreacting like some sissy out there!" I teased. 

He turned and glared, "What did you just said?" 

"Nope, nothing.." I quickly looked down at my record book. 

Without waiting for me, he started diggingg in.. Slurping the noodles loudly and blowing the heat into the air. 

"You.. Eating without me?" I asked. 

"Can't you see?" He continued blowing the hot air from his mouth. "Hmm, very nice." 

I ran out from the counter, "Save me some!" I grabbed the metal chopsticks and started digging in. 

"I hope it's not spicy.." He added. "Wait, you can't taste anything right?" 

I put a mouthful of curly noodles into my mouth, it was delicious. The aroma of sea flows into my nostril and throat, as powerful pain attcked my tongue.. But wait.. This is not what I should be feeling. I can't taste anything.. But why... I quickly took another mouthful and the aroma just got stronger, the pain on my tongue continue to tackle. "Daehyun.." I chewed with my vibrating jaws and wide opened eyes. "Daehyun.." 

"MWO!" He looked up with mouth full of noodles. "Why are you crying?" The half mouthful fell out from the centre his thick lips. 

"Can you please tell me.. What did you do to the noodle?" I keep on blinking, tearing trickling down my warmed skin. 

"Nothing.. It was bland so I.. addded some chili and a pinch of salt." He didn't dare to move his eyeballs from me. 'What's wrong?" 

"Then tell me.. How does it taste like.." I took a small sip of the soup. The aroma is now thicker, the taste of sea? The mininal sting on my tongue.. What are they. "Daehyun.." 

"Salty.. Like.. The.. The.. Sea?" He scratched the back of his head, panicked. 

"And then..?" My teeth are hitting each other from the trembling. It was a mixture of feeling. 

He blinked as well. "Spicy.. Is like.. Pain.. The tongue.. Your tongue.. I mean.. Pain.. A little bit of.. Pain?" 

"I tasted it. Daehyun.. I tasted it! I tasted!" I brokedown, crying. "I tasted the saltiness, and then the pain.. The spiciness.." Tears starting failling, dripping to the floor. "I taste it.. I taste it..' I threw myself into Daehyun and hugged him around the neck as tight as possible, not wanting to let go a single bit. 

I can't believe... That I tasted it.. And Daehyun didn't push me away this time... 

 

 

 

*Annyeong my fellow little darling readers! How was your day? Mine was fine. And, I have updated a looooong one so I hope you like it1 ^^ Do continue to read and upvote, and subscribe, and please comment! Will try my best to reply this time! ^^ Don't forget to follow my on Twitter @VL827! I love you~ *