More Than Just Enemy

Pinch Of Salt

SooHee's Perspective 

 

"See you tomorrow!" Junhong, JongUp and I said in unison as we parted Hana-Eonnie in front of the shop. 

"Let's go!" JongUp put his hands over Junhong and my shoulders as we walked towards the Manga Shop which was 10 mins away. "I am so excited~" He sang. 

"Can we go get some fried chicken after that?" Junhong pouted, "I miss eating that.." 

"Hmm, ok!" I chuckled, "But I don't think Uppie will have anymore money left after this.." Teasing JongUp for his overwhelming love for anime. 

JongUp sulked a bit then laughed. 

Junhong laughed, "Then you will pay!" 

"Me? No!" I said as I opened the door of the Manga shop. 

                                                    

We entered and saw a guy scolding with the shopkeeper. "Hey, didn't you say first come first serve? What do you mean by someone reserved it?" The guy banged the table, "How about I pay more than what you are offering, how about that?" He pulled the shopkeeper's collar as raised his fist. 

"WAIT UP!" JongUp stopped the guy. That guy turned around, it's him.. Jung Monk.. I mean Jung Daehyun. "I reserved it!" 

Jung Daehyun let go of the shopkeeper heavily and approached us, "You? Tch." He smirked. "Do you have the money?" Poking on JongUp's chest, arrogantly. 

A strong tension arose and JongUp pushed Jung Daehyun away, Jung Daehyun hit the shelf quite a distance and got up quickly, charging towards JongUp. At the most criticial moment, Junhong stepped in front of JongUp and blocked Jung Daehyun, who got pushed again, few steps away. 

"Junhong! JongUp! Hajima!" I yelled at them. JongUp and Junhong have been problematic students since the first time I saw them, but after working at Jajangmyeon shop, with the care of Hana-Eonnie, they finally could control their anger. I don't want to them act like hooligans again. 

Jung Daehyun stared at me, and charged towards JongUp with a firm fist, I ran forward and blocked JongUp, I was tall enough to shield JongUp's nose. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping the punch to not be painful. After a few seconds, I didn't feel a thing, timidly and fearfully, I opened my left eye then my right. What happened caused a long dumbfounded moment of us. 

It was Yong Guk, pressing Jung Daehyun on the floor, like how policeman does it. Jung Daehyun's face was full of angst, and pain. "Let me go hyung!" He shook his body but Yong Guk seems to be much of stronger than him, 

"JongUp ah! Are you okay?" I quickly checked on JongUp and then Junhong, they seem fine. "Yong.. Yong Guk ssi.." I bowed. 

"Sorry..." He pulled Jung Daehyun up, and sigh or took a deep breath. "For this nuisance, again." He threw Jung Daehyun forward. "Shopkeeper, I am sorry, I will pay for all your losses today." Yong Guk said loudly and continued, "For that gandam toy, we don't want it anymore, please give it to this gentlemen." He gestured JongUp, "I will pay." 

"Hyung!" Jung Daehyun protested. 

"Shut the up!" Yong Guk deep husky voice blew our mind for a second. "Apologize." 

"No." Jung Daehyun looked away, full of dismay. He then bite his lips and then eagle-eyed me, "You happy now?" 

My heart skipped millions beat, in fear. "What..?" 

"I caused you to lose your hearing aid isn't it?" He glared harsher. "You know what?" He opened his wallet, "TAKE THIS ING MONEY AND GET A NEW ONE!" Handing a stack of money, and dumped it onto my face.

I shut my eyes and swayed backwards. I felt JongUp and Junhong stepping forward, I blocked them behind me no matter what. 

Sides of the notes hit my thin skin and fell onto the floor. "JUNG DAEHYUN!" I screamed at him. 

"WHAT NOW !" He yelled back. "First you act all innocent and to seduce my hyung, then now you purposely being your boyfriends to snatch my item! SUCH A !" 

Tears started filling up in my wide opened eyes. 

"JUNG DAEHYUN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Yong Guk yelled at him louder.

"NOTHING MUCH!" He shouted back.

"Apologize." Yong Guk managed to keep it cool and ordered.

"This time, I am not going to apolpgize." He turned sideway and stared furiously at Yong Guk. Took a deep breath, he left the shop, bumping onto Yong Guk with his left shoulder. Yong Guk stared angrily at Jung Daehyun's backview and turned to us again. 

"He will get it from me later.. I apologize on his behalf." He bowed several times to us. 

"No problem, it's not your fault." JongUp comforted. 

Junhong agreed, "You must have a hard time too.." 

"It's okay.. I am sorry too." I said sobbing, bowing lightly then left the shop. JongUp and Junhong followed, but not Yong Guk, which was reasonable. 

                                               

Walking down the quiet street back home, JongUp and Junhong decided to ask me what exactly happened. 

"HE!" I said loudly. "Nevermind.. I will tell you tomorrow. I am tired." 

"We will send you home, just in case he comes and.. You know." Junhong suggested. 

"Yup, we will send you home." JongUp agreed right away. 

"He don't know where I stay, it's okay. You two go home.." I frowned softly.

JongUp shook his head, "Let's go!" Put his arm onto my shoulder and walked to my house. 

 

The next day... 

                                         

I entered the shop as per normal for work, I looked around and it was pretty much like yesterday. Until.. I reached the table right at the back before entering the kitchen. 

It's Jung Daehyun, putting his head on the table, sleeping. 

I covered my mouth as I was shocked and about to scream. I quickly enter the kitchen, "Hana-Eonnie, Hana-eonnie!" I whispered, calling as she was mixing the sauces. 

"What's wrong with you?" Hana-eonnie being a cooler person, she said loudly. 

"Shh!" I grabbed her hand, "Who is that guy outside?" I asked softly. 

"Him?!" Her volume was the same. "New staff, Jung.. I cannot remember his name.. Jung Something hyun." She squinted her eyes andshaking her index finger, thinking hard.

"It's okay, I got it.. " I nodded, jaw dropped. "I will help you with the sauce!" I quickly grabbed my arpon and started working. 

Hana-eonnie left the kitchen and went outside. "Omo! WHO ALLOWED YOU TO SLEEP!" She yelled at Jung Daehyun. 'WAKE UP YOU BRAT!" 

But surprizing.. I didn't hear him yelling back. But why...? Could it be because Hana-eonnie was the boss? Or are they from the same family? Maybe Hana-eonnie was a trained counsellor? Why is this Jung Daehyun doing here anyways? I thought he is a rich brat..? 

Thoughts filled my mind... 

 

 

 

*Hello~ I am back, back with a new update. And I am having exam from 27th May onwards so do expect late updates! Do continue to subs, comment and upvotes, lots of love xoxo! And follow me at @VL827 for updates of everything I update. Keke!*