First 'Date'

FIRST

 

2009
"Umma!" I took the glass on her hand and put it on the table. "Let me help you."

We came to Red Kitchen, my mum restaurant, after we performed our good bye stage for Pretty Girl. Gyuri unnie said we needed small celebration for our single. Even though we couldn't win awards, KARA got more recognition through this song. It's a good start for us.

That day, Red Kitchen was quite busy, so I decided to help my mum before we started our dinner.

"How's today performance honey?" My mum asked me while we preparing the side dish.

"Good. I enjoyed it." I took some of it and put it in my mouth. Hmm... My mum food's as delicious as always. "I love you mum, your dish is as yummy as usual."

My mum, looked at me when I kissed her cheek, then shook her head. Hahahaha I got excited easily when I ate delicious food.

When I put the side dishes on the plate, the white board near the front door caught my attentions. I could see several photos on it.

"Umma, what's that?" I pointed my finger on it, I couldn't see it clearly thanks to my shortsighted eyes.

"Oh~ I asked every artist came here to give me their sign." My mum explained. "It's kind of promotion."

I walked to that white board after finishing the side dishes preparation. I could see many artists sign and photo there, like Changmin sunbae, Yoochun sunbae.

'I ate very well. Thank you!' - Jaejoong

Those words caught my eyes, with the photo beside it. He put his arm on my mum shoulder.

It'd been a while since the last time I saw him. After Hyunjoong oppa introduced me them, I talked to them sometimes on the backstage. Those five sunbaes were very nice to me., especially Yoochun sunbae. I could talk freely with him in English, the language I'm familiar with, and I found that he's an interesting guy.

Junsu sunbae was also a cute sunbae. His personality was as sweet as his voice. I enjoyed the time.we chat.

Yunho sunbae was nice too. He's like an elder brother to me, we have same surename too rite? Hahahaha He gave me lot of advice of the things in this industry.

The maknae, Changmin oppa had similarities with me, he like food too! We talked about where to have delicious food and anything related to food. It's nice to find someone with same interest you know!

The last was him, Jaejoong Sunbae.

He's special. Different. I didn't know how to describe, but the feel I had for him is different from the other four sunbaes. It's not that I like him, it just a bit indescribable.

Every time I met those 5 sunbaes in the same time, he always be the one who caught my eyes. Everytime I heard their voice, I would concentrate on what he said only. I had indescribable joy whenever I talk to him, it's quite similar with those feeling I had for Hyunjoong oppa. We could understand what we had in our mind without even trying to say it loud.

"He comes here often." My mum voice broke my thought. I looked at her with some question mark above my head.

"The first time he came with Hyunjoong, later he came with his bandmate and sometimes alone." Ah, as expected from my mum, she knew who I was staring... erg no, I was looking at.

"Really?"

"Yes. He said he enjoy the food. We talked a lot back then." Hee~ so sunbae enjoy my mum foods also. Haha~ It's hard to not.

"What did you talk with him then?" I was curious about it, I didn't know why.

"Lot of things. I can't really remember. But he left good impression on me, I like him." Yes, like he did on me. "He's a good candidate for my future son in law."

"What?!" Ups, I put my hand on my mouth. What mum said made me shout in reflex and now I could feel some of the customer looked at our direction.

"I don't even close with him." I said in English. I didn't know whether there's his fangirls among the customers.

"I just met him few weeks ago." I tried to hide the color changing on my face, but what I got is my mum mischievous smile.

"Oh my dear, its not that I forced you to be with him. I just said that I really like his personality, and I will be very happy if my future son in law has that kind of personality too." We continued talk in English, of course with low voice too. My mum knew what I was worrying. "It's your choice."

I knew what she meant actually, but I just too shocked when mum said about.... Erg... Son in law things.

"But you could try, my dear."

"Mum!" Aigoo~ my mum really like to tease me! I could feel more blood rushed to my face now. I guessed I need to go back to unnie before mum said anything else!

No one heard what we said right?

****

The other day...

"Unnie~~" Aigoo... This giant baby just back from her school, and now hugging me who still sitting on the sofa while wearing my shoes. "I'm hungry."

"Yah! Could you just put off your shoes and change your uniform instead of hugging me?" I playfully pinched her cheek. This kid's just too adorable, I couldn't resist her cuteness like this.

"Unnie you're so mean." Jiyoung loosened her arms from my waist then ran to Gyuri unnie and hugged her like she did to me. "Unnie~ Cori unnie pinched my cheek and it hurt."

Aish, this kid. She stole my Gyuri unnie again. Ok, not stole, actually we shared Gyuri unnie.

"You hungry baby?" Gyuri unnie Jiyoung's cheek lovely.

"Yes, but Nicole unnie instead of feeding me, she pinched my cheek."

Yah, yah! Don't do that agyeo again. No one can say no to it, include me!

"Fine. I cook Kimchi Ramen for you, so stop sulking ok?" This time I pinched her nose, but instead of sulking she hugged me again. "Yah, Kang Jiyoung! Go change your uniform or I won't cook for you."

"Yes madam!" Aish~ this kid.

"You have Star Golden Bell recording today right?" Gyuri unnie asked me while I was preparing the ramen.

"Yes unnie. Actually manager oppa's waiting for me at the lobby now." Sorry oppa, you should wait for moment. I need to feed that giant baby first.

"You don't need to cook it if you're hurry. I can cook it for jiyoung."

"It's okay unnie, I'll do it fast." Unnie tapped my shoulder then back to her room.

After few minutes, I finished the ramen. Jiyoung had been waiting happily at the dining room. Her smile get wider when she saw me bring her bowl.

"Okay, princess. Here's your order." I put it on the table then took my bag from sofa. "How is it?"

"Unnie's ramen is jjang! Saranghae unnie!"

This cutie pie. I patted her head. "Remember do the cleaning yourself. Unnie has to go now. Bye baby."

"Bye unnie!"

Oh, I needed to go faster. It's almost late.

Few hours later...

I finished my part fast. After leaving the studio, I went straight to Red Kitchen. I missed my mum, so I decided to pay a visit and ate dinner there. I asked manager oppa to leave first, because I planned to stay for a night today.

"Ah, Nicole-ssi annyeong haseo!" One of the waiter of Red Kitchen called... Erg let me remember... Jihae unnie. Yep Jihae unnie called me.

"Unnie, annyeong!" I waved back to her. I greeted the other waiter oppa and waitress unnie too when I entered the restaurant.

I looked for my mum. Usually she sat on the counter near the cashier but she's not there. When I looked around the restaurant, I caught a glance of someone familiar. I put my glasses on to look more clearly.

Jaejoong Sunbae. Sat on one table, alone. I didn't know what leading me to his direction, my feet bring me closer to his table. The time I realized what I did, I already stood in front of his table.

"Sunbae-nim!" He looked at me with noodle hanging on his mouth. His expression was so cute, I couldn't stop myself from laughing when I looked at him.

He swallowed the noodle on his mouth. "Hey, hi!"

"You came alone?"

"Yep. Oh, take a seat." He took his bag from the seat in front of him. "You come to visit your mom?"

I nodded my head. His eating expression look really adorable, I couldn't stop myself from giggling by only look at him.

"But it seems she's not here."

"Really? She was here just now." He put his chopsticks on the bowl. "We just talk for a while."

He just finished his meal. I looked at his dish and I know what he ate just by looking at it. It's special ramyun that umma usually cooked for me, just for me. But now she cooked it for sunbae. Actually I was bit jealous of it.

"Your mom's food is really delicious." Child-like smile appeared on his face. "You're very lucky to have mum who cooked well."

"Of course!" I always proud of my mom. She is the best woman in the world.

Just before I wanted to ask him some questions, Jihae unnie, the waitress here, bring me the same bowl of ramyun like sunbae just ate. My special ramyun!

"Nicole-ssi, Miss Shierly ask us to prepare this for you when you come." She put the bowl of ramyun on the table... Yummy! It's look delicious! It's been a while since I eat my mom's ramyun.

"I really like this one." Said sunbae while pointing at my ramyun. "Nuna recommend it for me today."

"Nuna?" It's not my mum he's talking about, rite?

"I mean your mom." Omo~ I knew my mom is beautiful, but still I found it very funny when sunbae called her Nuna. Hahahaha my mom is forever young!

"Ah~ Yes this ramyun is the most delicious ramyun I've ever eaten in my life." He could think it was bit exaggerated, but It's true!

"Yup! I think so!" Hey, I thought we have similar tastebuds! And that's great!

That night, instead of talking with my mum, I spent my free time talking with sunbae. I didn't know whether my mum was coming back or not because I really enjoyed our chat session. Just like what my mum said, he's a nice and charming person. His personality is just too attractive.

We talked about a lot of things, start from our idoling industry to some random silly things. I was quite comfortable talking with him. We talked and laughed, ignoring the gaze of the people surround who quite disturbed by our loud laugh. It was a wonderful night.

It's the time for him to leave. I was very happy that time, so I was planning to treat him for his dinner. But unfortunately he refused.

"Maybe next time." He said politely. "Next time I'll let you treat me on our second 'date', OK?"

Date? He considered today as a date? Oh come on, I guessed he's just joking about it. But honestly I would very happy if he really meant it.

"Cole, can you give me your phone?" He asked after taking the changes given by the cashier.

"Sure. Here."

He dialed some number with my phone, and in a second I heard some sounds come from his pocket.

"That's my number. I saved it on your contact list." He gave me back my phone. "It's nice chatting with you. Call me later when you have time."

"Nee sunbae!"

He was about to leave the main door when he turn his body back to my direction.

"Cori-ah~" he looked directly into my eyes, and it somewhat made me a bit nervous.

"Yes, sunbae?"

"Could you call me oppa instead of sunbae?"

"Heh?"

"I mean, just drop off the formality between us, okay? Being friends don't need too much formality rite?" He looked at me with half serious half playful expression. "Just call me oppa, and I will call you Cori. OK?"

"Nee sun... No... Jaejoong oppa." He smiled brightly hearing me called him oppa, and I smiled too. From the bottom of my heart, I smile.

That night, no more sunbae-hoobae between us.

Just You and Me.

Thanks to our first 'date'.

 

-END-

 

AN: Yahoo~ The second chapter is coming! ^^

Thanks to all of the subscriber of my story! I love you all! <3 Your comment and anticipation giving me more support and motivation to write more! I'm glad that you like it~ >_<

Sorry for the late update. I've been busy for my graduation thesis. I wrote this chapter in rush today, some misspelling might appear. ^^ I love JiNi, so I added the dorm part in this chapter even though it's unnecessary. XD It's ok, rite? kekekeke

 

Don't be a silent reader! Let me know how you think about this chapter so I can improve in the future~ ^3^

And Happy reading!