First Win

FIRST

 

2009

Wow, I'd never been nervous like now for long time. All of the performance on Mnet Countdown just reached the end for today. It's the time for announcement who will be number one for today. And the most important things was that it's between us, KARA and Shoshi unnie

 

Our first change to win for the first time.

 

We'd started to promote our new single, Honey, recently. What I got from the cyber network was that we did quite well for it. After the two years of our debut, we have opportunity to get our first win.

 

The MC were calling all of the performer to go to stage for the announcement. Not only me, 88line unnie, Hara and Jiyoungie were also nervous to death waiting for the announcement.

 

"And today's winner is..." The computer started to count the score between our Honey and Soshi's unnie Gee. I held my breath.

 

"KARA's Honey! Congratulations!"

 

Really?! We're win? Our song's win? Oh my God! It's true! Gyuri unnie and Seungyeon unnie's tears started to pouring down when the MC gave the awards to them.

 

Finally! After two years of hardship we got our first win! Unnies were crying very hard, they could hardly say a thing during the thank you speech. I could also see the tears on Hara and Jiyoung's eyes. All of them cried in joy. Except me.

 

It's not that I was not happy. Of course I was. We started it hard from the beginning; from our failed first album, Sunghee unnie departure, New members addition to the drastic change of concept. All of us have it hard, really hard from the start. Especially 88 Line unnie who always protect our group and us with their love. So I could understand the mixed feelings they had now.

 

I was not crying because I didn't want to. I didn't like to appeared weak, especially in front of many people. I tried hard to hold back my tears and smile.

 

"Thank you, Kamilia! I love you!" That's the only things I could say during the encore part. I'm not good of using word to express my gratitude to Kamilia who always there by our side. But I really mean every words I said before

 

.After the encore performance, we went backstage to our waiting room. Tears kept falling from our 88 line unnie's eyes, while three of us tried to welcome the interview with our best smile. We're all happy, It's just they way we showed it were different.

 

I kept receiving congratulation message from my friend like Seohyunnie and Kibum. My mum called me directly after we arrived at the waiting room.

 

'Cole-ah, why were you not crying?' That was the first question come from her. Haha I guessed she knew the reason why, she's my mum after all. But still, she didn't quite like it when I try to hold my emotions too hard.

 

We were back to DSP headquarter to held small celebration and practice for a while. We decided to practice more after we got the first win. We wanted to be better. After practicing for few hours, we went back to our dorm.

 

I couldn't sleep that night. Mixed emotions filled my heart. Happiness, for the first win we got. Sadness, because of remembering the hard times we had before. Hara and Jiyoung were asleep, so did the 88 line unnies. I guessed.

 

When I turned myself to the right side of the bed, I felt the vibration come from my phone.

 

-Jaejoong Oppa-

 

His name appeared on the screen. I walked out of our room to answer his call, I didn't want to wake them up.

 

"Cole-ah~ you still awake?"

 

"Of course oppa. How can I answer your call if I'm not?" Well, usually I'm asleep during this time.

 

"Hahaha... Hey, congratulations for your first win today."

"Thank you." I was touched. He cared about me like my other friends did. "You called me in the middle of night just to say this?"

"Of course not. I'm outside your dorm building now." Huh? What did he do here? "Wait for me on the rooftop."

"Now?"

"Yeah, don't forget to take your jacket. It's quite cold outside."

I don't think I could say no.

***

"Oppa!" I tapped his shoulder. Uww... It's really cold tonight. "Why did you call me all of sudden in the middle of night? Miss me?"

"Hahahaha... A bit."

"Haha... You must miss me so bad cause It's already in the middle of night now." I knew it's not the reason. "What's wrong oppa?"

"Uhm... I can't sleep. Many things come up on my mind." He started to explain. He let me sit on the space next to him. "And when I walked across the shop, I found this."

Winnie the pooh! He handed a very cute Pooh plushie to me! "For me?"

"Yup. Congratulations for your first win." I hugged him in a second.

"Thank you oppa!" I was very happy! I love Disney and Pooh. And this plushie is very cute!

"You girls must be very happy. I can tell it by the exspression of your group member." Yeah we are. It was so touching and unforgettable moment for us, KARA.

"You girls must have hard time in the past right?" He patted my head gently. Oppa's always so gentle to me. "It must be precious for you."

I didn't know whether it's because of the night breeze or because of what oppa had said, some indescribable emotions feel my mind.

I told oppa about what we'd gone through these two years. My mind traveled back to the past, from the moment I decided to back to Korea to pursue my dream. I left my school, my friends, my family. All just for my dream.

But things had never been easy for us. We'd been trained for years and we got opportunity to debut. But unfortunately, it was failed. No one knows who we were. Not long after our goodbye stage, Sunghee unnie decided to leave us. I'd never blamed her, it's her decision. But it couldn't change the fact that KARA need to face crisis.

After adding Jiyoung and Hara as new member, we completely changed our concept. But still no one knew who we are. Seungyeon unnie need to work very hard to make our group recognized by people. Sometimes she overworked herself and get hurt. And it hurted us too.

And today, finally we got recognized by the public. We got our first win, after the hard time we had.

Thanks god we didn't give up.

I didn't know when it's started, tears wetted my eyes. I couldn't hold my tears any longer. The barrier I used to hold my emotions was broken.

"Hey, it's ok." Oppa swapped away the tears from my eyes. "You don't need to hold it when you are with me. I'm your friend, you can depend on me."

I couldn't hold it any longer. I burst into tears the moment he said it.

His hug not only warmed me from the night breeze, but also warmed my heart. He didn't say anything but hugged me, very tight. He hugged me until I was able to control my emotions.

After talking for a while, oppa decided to go back. He walked me to our dorm before he left.

"Thanks oppa for the gift." I swing the plushie he gave me.

He smiled then patted my head gently. "Have a good rest."

"Thanks a lot." I hugged him before I entered the room. "It's dark outside. Be careful."

"Good nite."

He let me closed the door before he leave.

"Unnie? What are you doing?" Sleepy Jiyoung asked me when I take my glass from the desk.

"Uhm hmm... Nothing baby. I just need glass of water."

"Really?" She rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"Yeah... Go back to your bed and sleep. We have practice tomorrow morning." I caressed her cheek and she nodded, back to our room.

I took a deep breath after gulping all the water from my glass.

Thanks God for sending me good friends like him. Thanks for this precious gift you give me. I will always cherish it now and in the future.

 

Because he's too precious.

 

-END-

 

AN: Finally I have time to write! TT_TT Sorry for the late update~

And yay for the new subscribers~ Thank you all for the comment and support! ^3^

This chapter might be a little bit boring. >< But still, I hope all of you enjoy this new chapter~

 

As always, don't be a silent reader! Let me know how you think about this chapter~ >_<

Happy reading!