First Page

FIRST

 

2011
 
"Unnie unnie! Try this!" I picked one grilled beef for Seungyeon unnie. "This is daebak!"
 
"Whoah! It's delicious!"
 
"Right?!" That one was grilled by our maknae, but the sauce was made by me. And it's delicious!
 
"Cole-ah, give me some." I gave my self-mixed sauce to Hara then Gyuri unnie. Their reaction were similar to Seungyeon unnie. I'm proud of myself! Hahahaha
 
"Unnie~ Don't forget me." Aigoo my cutie maknae pouted her lips. "You let me grilled all of it but you didn't give me some."
 
My cutie maknae lost the game we played before, so she needed to grill all of the meat we first ordered. Hahaha I picked one of the biggest pieces and dipped it into my sauce. I need to feed this baby before she cry.
 
"Ahh..."
 
She ate the beef I gave her. Her big-brown eyes were sparkling while munching her meat. "Daebak! Unnie you're the best!"
 
I ruffled her hair. Our cutie maknae's grown as a young beautiful lady. Everyone praised her beauty she got from her beautiful mom. But in our eyes she would always be our cute little baby.
 
Actually, all of us had changed after the end of our lawsuit. We were not living at our dorm anymore. Me and Hara have our own apartment while Gyuri unnie, Seungyeon unnie and Baby Jing moved back to their parents house. Our company treated us much better than before. And the most important change was our bond. Thanks to the lawsuit, our bond got stronger than ever. We talked more, gathered more and understand each other more than before.
 
Through the lawsuit, we learnt what was important in our life and how to protect it with our own hands. Everything had changed. But it was good.
 
"Cole-ah, Yonghwa oppa told me that Jonghyun-ssi confessed his feeling for you in Sydney last time. Is it true?" Hara asked me out of blue.
 
Gyuri unnie, Seungyeon unnie and even Jiyoung put their chopsticks on their plate and looked at me with slight shocked expression on their face.
 
"Yah, lower your voice." We're on the restaurant and I didn't want to let anyone know about it.
 
"So it's really him?" Seungyeon unnie asked me. I'd told them that someone had confessed to me after our stage in Sydney the day before yesterday, but I didn't tell them who.
 
"Why don't you just tell us yesterday?" Gyuri unnie asked me while Jiyoung only nodded in agreement.
 
I sighed. I guessed I need to tell them. "He's a friend and I rejected him, so I thought it will be better if less people know about it."
 
I hoped they would understand. I didn't mean to hide it. "Sorry."
 
"Ei~ It's ok, right unnie?" Unnies and Jiyoung nodded in agreement with what Hara said. "I just do the same when the first time I go with Junhyung oppa."
 
"Hope it won't break our friendship." He promised me. I hope he would keep his promise.
 
"Alright alright." Gyuri unnie tried to light up.the mood. "Don't worry too much about it. He's a grown man, I think he can handle it."
 
"He should." Seungyeon unnie added.
 
"So now, let's cheers for our successful Step promotion and for our next Japanese Single, Winter Magic. Cheers!"
 
"Waaaaaait!" Jiyoung interrupted before we cheers. "Unnie-deul have beers, but what do I have?"
 
We burst out laugh with the expression on her face. Aigoo this kid~ Hara poured a glass of apple juice to her glass. "Since you're still underage, you just can drink this juice. OK? The color looks similar to ours."
 
She took the glass given, pouting without complaint while we're laughing in victory.
 
"Cheers!"
 
***
 
"Cole-ah! Why don't you join us?" Nana's voice filled the the air of my kitchen. I activated the loudspeaker function of my phone to make me easier to talk with her while cleaning my kitchen.
 
"Yes! Come here fast!" Was it Soyu voice? Oh they might turn on the loudspeaker function like me.
 
"Mianhe chingu-ah~ I have appointment tonight." Actually earlier this morning Kibum asked me to join our 91 line gathering today. I wanted to go, but unfortunately someone already asked me to give him my time tonight since yesterday.
 
"Just come here now and just leave faster. We miss you already." Aigoo~ Dongwoon-ah, I missed you too.
 
"Come here quickly." Mir said.
 
"Ow~ I miss you guys too. But I made appointment earlier last night."
 
"Who is it? You've never refused to go to our gathering." Hahahaha even Jinwoon was complaining me now. What should I do?
 
"Yeah! Just tell us who is it!" Even Woohyun!
 
"Yah! Give me back my phone." Oh thank you Kibum-ah, you saved my life. Not like the others, he knew who asked me for dinner tonight. "Just ignore them. You really can't come for a while?"
 
"Mianhe~ Next time I'll come. I promise."
 
"OK. Next time spare your time for us. Bye baby."
 
"Bye~"
 
Ahh~ I throw myself to the sofa in the living room and stretched my arms after finished the cleaning. It's the best way to enjoy our holiday, rolling in your bed or sofa. It's been a while. We had been busy for our Step promotion for several months and now, before Winter Magic promotion, we could have three days holiday before we fly to Japan. I felt so sorry for Kibum and the others because I couldn't come for tonight gathering, but it couldn't be help. I had appointment tonight.
 
'Don't make any appointment for tomorrow night.'
 
That was what oppa said to me yesterday. He called me all of sudden and asked me to have dinner together with him. Actually he wanted it to be day after tomorrow, but since we need to fly to Japan tomorrow morning he changed the time to be tonight. Finally I would be able to meet him again after several weeks.
 
What should I wear tonight? It's been the problem that filled my head for one night. Oh no... The butterfly came to me again.
 
Ding Dong... 
 
Oh? Who was it? I put my phone on the table and walked to the front door. Looking through the peep hole before open the door had been a habit since we were still living in dorm.
 
"Hara-ah~" my chingu came without giving me any notice. "Why don't you call me before?"
 
"Can't I give surprise visit to my friend?" She hugged me. 
 
I let her enter my apartment. I saw something on her hand and something smelled good excited my nerve. Something delicious.
 
"I bought something to eat." Yes! Hara brought food together. "Toppoki. Let's eat."
 
Oh I really love you, Hara Goo! 
 
We ate and talked about many things from random silly things to her recent condition with Junhyung oppa. And speaking about her relationship with Junhyung oppa, I guessed she could help me to solve the problem I had on my head.
 
"Uhm... Hara-ah~ What do you think I should wear for tonight?"
 
"Tonight?" She looked at me. "Ah~ For your date with sunbae?"
 
"Yah! It's not a date." Blood rushed to my face. "I don't know yet..."
 
"Oho~ If it's not a date, why should you care?"
 
"Hara-ah~" why all of them like to tease me when it come to oppa?
 
I didn't know when it started, my feeling for oppa had been developed into something else. I felt butterfly on my stomach whenever I thought about him. I would miss his voice when he didn't have time to call me. And the most important was I have uneasy feeling every time I saw him with another girls. Or even sometimes when he got too clingy with his male friends.
 
My friends called it jealousy.
 
Our members said that I like him. Not the friendly one. Not only them, Kibum also knew about it. I couldn't hide a things from him. So in total, there's six persons know the special feeling I have for him, my members, Kibum and my mum. 
 
All of them said oppa has the same feeling like I did, but I was not sure about it. He's been a sweet sunbae and friends to his buddies, not only me. Our friendship was too precious for me. What if he only looked me as his little sister? I didn't want to take a risk by telling him that my feeling for him has changed into more than just oppa-dongsaeng friendship. He's just too precious to be lose.
 
"Don't be nervous, Nicole-ah." She patted my shoulder. "Be yourself is enough."
 
"Be myself?"
 
"Yup. If tonight is just friendly dinner for both of you, you can enjoy your dinner with him casually like always." I nodded. "If tonight will be special, I think he would be happy to see the one he likes just be herself."
 
"But..." Somehow I wanted to impress him more.
 
"You impressed him already with your charms." I looked at her. It's seems like she knew what's on my mind. "Just be confident."
 
"Really?"
 
"Of course. If I were a man, I guess I would fall for you too." Chuckles escaped from her lips. "But you'll be the second option after Seungyeon unnie."
 
Aish this kid! She really liked to play a joke with me. But thanks to her, I got a little bit relaxed.
 
"Komawo, chingu-ah."
 
***
 
Warm bath in winter was absolutely the best! I just finished bathing after Hara left my apartment. Talking with your same-age friend was quite relaxing sometimes. I need to prepare myself for tonight dinner.
 
Ding Dong
 
Hara? She must left something. She’s indeed a forgetful queen. Hahaha I took my bathrobe with towel on my head and went to the door to open
 
“What did you leav---Oppa?!” Oh my God! He's here! What should I do? I was just in my bathrobe right now!
 
“Surprise!” Why did I get so many surprises in a day? By the way, how could he keep smiling like that all the time?
 
“O-oh~ Come in.” I let him in. It’s the first time he visit my apartment after I moved here. I’d ever told him where I lived but no one ever come here except my mum and my girls. I gave him a cup of coffee I prepared before.
 
“Thanks.” He looked quite satisfied with the taste after took a sip on it. “You have a nice house.”
 
“Haha thanks… Ehm… Why do you come, oppa?”
 
“I have nothing to do today, so… I come earlier to see you before we go out.” Oh my God! Hope he didn't see my face now. I felt the temperature rise on my face. I need to leave him before the red-shade on my face become more visible. I asked him to wait for me in the living room. 
 
I didn't have any time to choose which dress or clothes should I take, I just randomly pick one long-sleeves checkered shirt and pair of jeans after I dried my hair. Not to forget to take my denim jacket with me since winter breeze started to invade Seoul now.
 
Oppa was busy playing with his cell-phone when I finished my simple preparation. I guessed he's bored for waiting for me for long time. I made sure my hair was neat enough before I called him.
 
"Should we go now?"
 
He turned his head to me. He smiled. "Sure." He looked at his watch, "It's 5 pm. I think we could go there before dark."
 
I nodded. I took my shoes from the rack.
 
Oppa took my hands and helped me with my bag. "Let's go."
 
I thought oppa would bring me to some restaurants in gangnam district., but when he drove me to the seashore I knew my prediction was wrong. We went to the beach near gangnam, about 30 minutes from there. Winter beach was always quite. We hardly see anyone there. 
 
"Great, no one here." Oppa and I wandered freely on the seashore. "Cole-ah~ look there."
 
I followed where his finger pointed. Oh my God! What was captured by my eyes was the beautifull sunset above the sea. The sky started to turned into orange color with the slow movement of the sun. I couldn't remember when was the last time I saw the sunset. It's too beautiful. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the nature in front my eyes.
 
"It's beautiful." Our gaze met when I looked at his direction. I could see his smile got wider.
 
"Yes. Very beautiful." He didn't even bother to take his eyes from me. It somehow made me a little bit nervous. I broke the eye contact and put my focus back to the sunset. I put my hand on my chest, I could feel the sudden increase of my heartbeat.
 
"Ah~ It's over."
 
"Well... Let's eat. I'm hungry." He grabbed my hand and took me to the restaurant near the beach.
 
Both of us enjoy the delicious seafood. It's only few customers inside it. I didn't know why. The food was delicious! The seafoods were very fresh, I like the shrimps best.
 
During dinner, we talked randomly about the things happened recently. Nothing special.
 
Somehow I felt little bit disappointed. 
 
"You ate too much, Cole-ah." He jokingly said. "You need to take care of your figure."
 
"Yah, oppa!" I hit his shoulder playfully.
 
"Hahaha just kidding." I knew it. "I don't mind if you get a little bit chubby. It makes you cuter."
 
A blush appeared with the compliment oppa gave to me. Why could he make my heart skipped a beat just by one compliment?
 
"Let's have a walk on the beach. Walking around after your meal will help you digest your food faster."
 
I followed him outside after he paid for our dinner. It's his treat. Before, I've never been in the beach at night. It's more than I've ever imagined. The night breeze was a little bit cold though.
 
I took off my shoes and let my feet have a direct contact with the sands. I jerked a bit when the cold water reached my feet. I was busy playing on the beach alone as I didn't know that a pair of beautiful eyes had been staring at me from behind since the time we left the restaurant.
 
After playing for a while, I walked back to oppa and lied my back on the sand beside him.
 
"Cole-ah~" I looked at him. I could see a little bit nervousness on his pretty face.
 
"Yes, oppa?"
 
"Uhm... I heard Jonghyun confessed to you."
 
The sentence escaped from oppa's lips make me sit back on my in a second. I looked at him with slight shock on my face.
 
As if he could read my expression clearly he said, "Friend of mine told me that."
 
I took my eyes from him and heave a sigh. "He did."
 
"And your answer is..."
 
"I rejected him." I said lowly with my eyes locked on the sight of the sea. I felt bad for him now. I stood from my seat and patted away the sand on my jeans. 
 
"May I know why?"
 
It's because of you. 
 
That's what on my throat, but instead I looked at him then take few steps forward to the water. "He's a nice guy, but I don't have any special feeling for him." The moment I said it, I could only hear the sound of the wave and the night breeze.
 
"So... Is there anyone who able to take the special place on your heart?"
 
I turned around to look at him. He still sit there with serious expression on his face. He looked so good under the moonlight. 
 
"I... I'm..."
 
"I have." He stood up and clean the dirt on his jeans. He walked to my direction and stopped beside me, with his eyes still looking straight to the sea.
 
"I met her about three years ago. She looked so innocent back then." Chuckles left his lips. "We had lot of things in common. Sometimes we don't even need words to express how we feel. Knowing we're side by side is enough." I gulped when he started to describe.
 
"She's a strong girl, but somehow she just like to push herself too hard. She's just too selfless to let the other worry about her. She will put anyone before herself. But do you know what I like the most from her?" He glanced at me. I kept myself in silence
 
"Her smile. Those infectious innocent smile on her lips. She brighten up my way with those smile. Her presence is enough to hold my back."
 
Oppa turned his body to look at me. "Do you know who is she?"
 
I looked at him without any words escaping from my mouth. I was too busy to control my heartbeat as he gazed into my eyes deeply with his beautiful eyes. I held my breath for a second when he took my hands slowly.
 
"It's you, Cole-ah."
 
"Oppa..." His tender gaze held every words on my throat. I didn't know how to react.
 
"You make me fall deeply for you. I thought I like as my sister but I'm wrong." I could feel the warmth of his breath as he took my hand to his chin. "When I heard Jonghyun confessed his feeling for you, I was scared I might lose you. So before everything got late I decided to tell you how I feel."
 
Only my sharp breath company the sound of the wave. I love him. But...
 
"I love you." My heart exploded when those three words escaped his lips.
 
I looked down to my feet. "Sorry Oppa, I..."
 
Looking me stuttering, oppa let my hand down. He patted my head. I looked up to his eyes. He smile, but I could see slight pain in it. No. He must misunderstand me.
 
"Cole-ah, I'm so sorry to scare you. I just want to tell you how I feel. I've never want to--"
 
My hands worked on their own. I wrapped my arms on his waist. I wouldn't let him finish his words. 
 
"Cole-ah..." I could feel his heartbeat. I guessed he could feel mine too.
 
"No, oppa." I tightened my hug. "I just... I'm too scared to take a step further. If stay on the start point would make you stay by my side, I'll stay." 
 
I don't want to lose him.
 
"You came to my life as a star that I couldn't reach. Previously, I adored the shining star Kim Jaejoong. But later you took off your sparkling mask and greet me as a caring sunbae, as a friend. You listen to my unspoken words, be the invisible pillar that support me emotionaly and physicaly. You taught me lot of things I've never know, you showed me what precious in my life. You are my hero and save me from harm. Then, it's you... It's you who took my hand and lead me through my way."
 
"Nicole..."
 
I touched his cheek with my hand. My hand was trembeling a bit. I look deeply into his brown-eyes. "I love you too, oppa."
 
He looked at me with no believe. He cupped my face, "Te--Tell me I'm not dreaming, Cole-ah~"
 
"No... You're not dreaming, oppa. I love you."
 
He enveloped me with his long arms. I gasped when he lift me and swing me around while screaming randomly.
 
"Oppa! let me down." He did as I asked. Our eyes locked with smile plastered on our lips. He tucked my hair behind my ear. 
 
"So, we are couple now?"
 
I nodded shyly. He hugged me once more. He lifted my head to look at him. He cleared his throat. "Cole-ah... I want you to know something."
 
"What's it, oppa?"
 
"If I were Winnie the Pooh, you will be my honey." I blinked my eyes. I burst out laugh as I saw the red shade on his bright cheek. I tried myself to not to, but his expression and his cute accent while saying those words in English just irresistible. It's too cute!
 
"Yah! Don't laugh!" My stomach got a little bit hurt by laughing too much.
 
"But... But you are too..." I couldn't even say a word.
 
"I've been thinking about it for long time, you know." It's rare to see oppa pouting, but now he did! He made me want to more.
 
"You should choose a better phrase next time." I stuck my tongue out. "You're too cheesy."
 
"Yah!" He wanted to catch me, but my feet move faster than he ever imagined. I was a runner, remember? 
 
"Yah! Jung Yongjoo!" Oppa ran and chasing me while screaming my name asking me to stop.
 
We kept chasing each other and screaming like crazy, ignoring the winter breeze who got stronger by night. I would always remember that night. 
 
I love him, and he love me. 
 
It's enough.
 
And the another start of our story begin.
 
-END-
 
 
 
AN: Yeah! Finally the confession is coming!  Are you guys waiting for it already? Or it's too fast? Don't worry, everyone want the best for HeroNic~ XD
And actually about Jae cheesy line, it was tweeted by Cole herself before! lol
 
New Subscribers! Thanks for subscribing my story! And also for the comment you give here~ ^3^
Hope you guys like this chapter~ As always, don't be a silent reader. Give me your opinion so I can improve for the next chapter~ ^o^
 
Happy reading!