First Lesson

FIRST

PS: The sentence in Italic is in Japanese~

 

2010

"Unnie!" No responds. "Seungyeon unnie! Are you ok?"

"I'm ok. Wait a minute Cole-ah."

Seungyeon unnie got stomach-ache, caused by her nervousness. It's our first stage ever in Music Station after our Japanese debut.

I was dragged to the restroom by unnie, she said she couldn't find where the restroom was. Actually I didn't know where it was too. But who could resist her aegyo? No one could. Aigoo~ My little unnie, I was wondering who is the unnie between us.

"I'll wait outside, unnie." I washed my hand then walked outside.

"Ohayou gozaimasu!" I greeted all people walked in front of me. They might not know who I am, but wherever we are, greeting your senior is a must.

"Ni... Koru-san?" Someone called me? Ah, I thought it's come from two boys standing behind me.

The taller one, let me remember. Ehm... Yamaa Tomohisa-san! Yup, he is one of famous idol here in Japan. He's Jaejoong oppa's friend right? I remembered oppa had mentioned about his Japanese friends a lot, and Yamaa-san is one of his best friend.

And the other one... Hmm? It seems like my eyes was playing trick on me. Somehow I found little resemblance between him and oppa. I guessed my eyes really played trick on me.

He called... Yamada Ryosuke? Yup I thought his name is Yamada-san. He's Yamaa-san junior right? I'd watched his detective series together with Seungyeon unnie.

We had same schedule today?

"Ohayou gozaimasu!" I was wondering how did he find my name. I mean Yamaa-san.

"Ah, so it's really you Nikoru-san. Nice to meet you." I guessed he's greeting me just now. I was not sure, blame my bad Japanese.

"Nice to meet you too, Yamaa-san, Yamada-san!" Well, my Japanese was bad. But I could do simple conversation. I guessed.

"Finally I meet you in person. Jaejoong has mentioned you a lot." I heard oppa's name was mentioned.

"Really?"

"He keeps bugging me about your debut recently. He said 'Anoko ni tanomu.' He's never been like that before." What was the meaning of his last sentence? Was it something funny? Because he's smiling just now.

"Cole-ah~ who's you talki... Ah! Ohayou gozaimasu!" Good, Seungyeon unnie was back. She could help me to understand what they said.

"Konichiwa." Both of them bowed down politely. "I guess it's our time to go back." Yamaa-san said politely. "Ganbatte ne."

"Ganbatte kudasai." Yamada-san waved his hand too before he following his senior. We waved back to them.

"They're pretty." Seungyeon unnie told me while walking back to our waiting room. "As expected from Johnny's boys."

I nodded in agree. Well they are!

***

"Guess who?" Someone covered my eyes with his hand. Guessing from the voice, it's Jaejoong oppa. Before I answered him, I grabbed his hand. It's not him.

"Yoochun oppa?"

"Hey, how could you know?" His hand left my eyes, and yes my answer was right. Jaejoong oppa and Junsu oppa were standing behind him.

"Your hand. I could tell it by your hand." Actually I just guessed. I know it was between Yoochun oppa or Junsu oppa. And my thought went straight to this mischievous Yoochun oppa.

The only thing I was sure about is it's not Jaejoong oppa's hand. I knew it.

"Even though it's Jae oppa's voice I knew it's you." He pouted his mouth when I was laughing in victory.

We're still in Japan for our promotion. I was happy because I could have lunch together with JYJ oppa that day. Day before yesterday, Jaejoong oppa asked me whether we still in Japan or not because the were planning to visit Japan after their concerts in USA. So today, we decided to have lunch near hotel we spent for nights together before we go back home.

"What should I order?" The mischievous Yoochun oppa started to flip the menu as soon as we sit on our table. I sat next to Jaejoong oppa while Junsu oppa and Yoochun oppa sit on the opposite of us.

"Tendon!" I loved tendon, so I recommend it to oppa. "And the tempura seems delicious too!"

"Tendon is OK, but no tempura for you today." Eh? Wae yo~ Jaejoong oppa didn't let me order my tempura.

"Why can't I, oppa~"

"Yesterday I called you, your voice was hoarse like today. You got few cough too." He started to explain his point. "You know oily things is not good for sore-throat."

What he said was right. My throat had been hurt for few days with several coughing episodes. I'd taken some medicines but it didn't work much. But I really wanted some tempura!

"Can I just have one?"

"No."

My first plan was failed, so I need to use plan B. I looked at Yoochun oppa and Junsu oppa, try to ask them for help. But the result, they just looked at each other then shrugged their shoulder.

Good. No one help me.

"Be a good girl, OK?" His voice was so gentle. "Save your voice. You are a singer, and you were just debut here in Japan."

Oppa patted my head lightly. Well for myself, I guessed it's not bad to follow his advice.

"So, how was your Japanese debut?" Junsu oppa asked me after we ordered our dishes.

"It's just unpredictable." I gulped my glass of green tea. Oppa only allowed me to drink green tea today. "We didn't know that there's lot of people who know us."

"Isn't that good?" Asked Yoochun oppa.

"Yea but... My Japanese is not good, and I'm feeling guilty for not able to communicate well with our fans." Yes it's true. I did thought my Japanese was the worst among us.

"You've taken the Japanese lesson right?" Junsu oppa asked me back.

I nodded. I did, but learning your third language with your second language is not easy. Believe me. It's much harder than you've ever imagined.

"Hyung, you can teach her more." I looked at Jaejoong oppa after Junsu oppa made his suggestion. "Your Japanese is the best among us."

"Hey, I can help too. I can use English to---Aww!" I didn't know what happened to Yoochun oppa, but it seems that something was hurting him.

"It's OK." Jaejoong oppa, for the second time today, patted my head again. Suddenly, bright smile curved on his lips. "How about today? I'm free today. Do you have schedule on the afternoon?"

I shook my head. "Today is our full day-off."

"Alright. I'll take you somewhere after lunch." He took away his glass to make more space for his ramen. "I'll teach you some."

"And I will go to buy something for my mum." Junsu oppa smiled happily then looked at his band-mate beside him. "And you need to go with me."

Before even try to say a word, Yoochun oppa was interrupted by his own band-mate Junsu oppa. I couldn't help but giggling when I saw the pout on his lips!

***

"Jaa, ganbatte with your lesson. Ne, Nikoru-san." Junsu oppa patted my head. Like what we decided before, we would go separately after lunch. Me and Jae oppa then Junsu oppa with Yoochun oppa.

"Cole-ah~ can't I go with you?" Yoochun oppa took my arm and begging like a kid. Aigoo this adorable oppa.

"Yah! You need to go with me." Before I could even open my mouth, Junsu oppa already took his hand from my arm. "Don't disturb them."

"But... I want to help Cori too."

"Hyung is enough. You will only make some noise if you are with them." Junsu oppa dragged him away from us. "Ja nee, Cole-ah!"

I waved my hand to them. "Bye oppa!"

"So, can we go now?" I nodded. "Let's go."

He grabbed my left arm, leading me in the crowd of people. I was not familiar with Tokyo plus my Japanese was very poor, so as a good friend oppa wouldn't let me lost in place I'm not familiar with.

With his cap and sunglasses, I didn't need to worry about the scandal might appear. Me too, with hoodie and mask I guessed no one will know me. Haha

"Cole-ah~ Wait for a moment." Oppa let me stay for a while in front of dispensary while he himself went inside it. I didn't know what he bought, but there's lot of people inside so it took several minutes for oppa to get his things.

"Ahh..." Oppa asked me to open my mouth. I saw some candy-like things between his forefinger and thumb.

"What's that?"

"It won't be bitter. Believe me." He persisted not to tell me what was it. OK I believed him, I took it.

Hmm? It tasted good! And sweet.

"Like it?" Oppa gave one box of the candy I took just now. Ryukakusan? That's the name on written on the box.

"Ryukakusan Royal Jelly & Milk Herbal Drops, it's good for sore throat and your voice." He told me while walking through the zebra-cross, still holding my arm. "It will make your throat less hurt."

Just like what he said, I felt less pain on my throat after I took it. It did relieve the uncomfortable feeling on my throat. "Thanks oppa!" And the most important things was I like how it tasted.

After walking for minutes, finally we stopped in front of... What? Department Store?

"What are we doing here, oppa?" Confident grin appeared on his lips.

"Benkyo." I knew what it means. Study.

"Here?"

He nodded. "Good language learning started from good interest."

"Interest?"

"Yes. Jaa, ikuzo!" He thrown his hand to the air enthusiastically. Seeing me standing still on my place, oppa grabbed my hand and dragged me inside.

"Let's go!"

***

Ah~ this was oppa means by interest. He brought me to HMV music store inside the department store. He wanted me to learn from what I like.

"There's lot of great singer here in Japan." Oppa showed me some CDs he took from the recommendation rack. "EXILE, JUJU, Utada Hikaru..."

I took one CD from his hand. "Ah! I know JUJU-san. We shared same stage on Music Station." And I like the song she sang that time, Hello Again...

"Oppa, how to read this kanji?" I show him the title song of JUJU's latest album, the one I heard on our debut stage in Music Station.

"Mukashi kara aru bashou. The place I've known for long time." Oh~ That's the meaning of her title song. That's why I could feel bit sadness and warmth from it.

"This one is also nice." Oppa gave me another album of EXILE. "Their song is quite touching."

I put several CD recommended by oppa on the basket I held. I kept looking on the recommendation rack until my eyes stop at one CD. I looked at oppa and I found him staring at the same album I was looking at.

Tohoshinki's Best Collection 2010.

"Ah, I want to see some movies and drama over there." I dragged oppa away from the recommendation rack. I knew that album might make him missed his brother more and make him sad. See oppa sad hurt me too. "What's your recommendations for drama oppa?"

"Hmm... If you like comedy, you might watch Gokusen or Hana Kimi." He took one of the DVD box in front of him. "If you like serious genre, Last Friend is a great piece too."

I looked at the New Release rack for drama DVD box. Photo of someone familiar was printed on the one cover of it. It's oppa.

"Oppa." I asked him to follow me. "How to read this kanji?"

He looked at the cover I pointed at. "Yah!"

Hahahaha he's quite shy when I pointed at his Japanese drama debut DVD box. I knew his Japanese drama was broadcasted earlier this year, but I hadn't watched it yet. "Tell me how to read it oppa."

"Sunao ni narenakute. It's hard to tell the truth."

"So I guessed it's a romantic drama?" I tried to . His shy expression was so cute.

"A Bit. But the role I played has unrequited love for Haru." He pointed at Ueno Juri-san. I knew her, because Seohyun told me she was her fans.

"Ah, I think I need to watch it." I took the DVD box from the rack, but oppa took it from my hand before I put it into my basket.

"You don't need to buy this." He put it back to where it was placed. "I'll give you one next time."

"Not now?"

"Today's materials are enough." He pushed my shoulders slowly, leading me to leave the DVD rack.

"Let's go to the next place."

***

Oppa took me to the cafe nearby. He said he knew the owners since the time of their Japanese debut days as he was their regular customer. Inside the cafe, oppa told me lot of things I should pay attention to when I'm in Japan. He also taught me some of need-to-know phrase when I was talking with Japanese.

And for the CD I bought, oppa also taught me some of the meaning of the lyrics from the song. Just like he predicted before, I learnt much faster with it since I had great interest in music. I'd never known learning foreign language might be fun and interesting.

"Ah! Oppa, what does 'Tanomu' mean?" Suddenly I remembered what Yamaa-san told me before when we're walking back to our hotel.

"Tanomu? It's depends on how you used it." He gulped his mineral water. "Sometimes we used it like 'onegai' which means please. And sometimes we used it when we need someone else help to do something or to take care of something instead of us, for example: Kare ni tanomu. It means, please take care of him."

I looked at oppa's back. So that means oppa asked Yamaa-san to take care of me? And he had been bugging him for long time before our debut? He had been a good friend and sunbae by taking care of me since the first time I knew him in Korea.

And now when he wasn't able to take care of me here in Japan, he asked his best friend to look after me. What did I do in my previous live to let me have someone as good as him by my side? He taught me lot of precious things I'd never known. Friendship, effort, care and support. I've never known how my life would be without his support.

"What are you doing there, Cole-ah?" I found distance between us. It's not that oppa left me behind, it's me who stayed still after hearing his explanation. "It's almost 6 pm. You need to walk faster." His hands instructed me to walk faster with his smile plastered on his red lips.

Looking at those smile, I smiled. I didn't know what I'd done in my previous live, but I knew I was a lucky girl to have friend as sweet and caring like oppa by my side.

"Wait for me, oppa!"

 

-END-

 

AN: Dun dun dun~ for this chapter I choose Tokyo as the background! ^^ 

Actually I started to listen to KARA after their Japanese debut in Music Station. Before I got into KPop, I listen to Jpop too~ I discovered KARA when I watched NYC and News performance in MS, so I decided to write Yamapi and Yama-chan in this chapter as a cameo~ For the Yama-chan part, actually it's my eyes who played trick on me last time! There is one of his pic which remind me of Jae~ XD

It might be a bit boring~ But stil, please enjoy this chapter and give me your comments! ^^

At last! Thanks for the new subscribers! I luv you! ^3^

 

Happy reading!