First Encounter

FIRST

 

2008
It was around late of 2008 when we were promoting our 'Pretty Girl', that was the first time I saw him in person.

 

I know him before, who don't? He is super star, he is famous, a lot of fan-girl screaming for his name. I was one of his fans, but not the fanatic ones. But I’m only able to see him in person for the first time during our single promotion.

 

That day, we just arrived for our performance in Mnet Countdown. I rushed into the building as soon as we arrived because I need to go to washroom, leaving my girls behind. I only realized what I did after I get out from the toilet and I found no one there.

 

But suddenly, a tall guy appeared from the male washroom when I decided to find my girls, and without have any time to avoid the collision, I bumped into him.

 

"I'm so sorry!" That was the first sentence come from my mouth. I still didn't know who is he when I said that, what I know is he is a tall young man with a broad shoulder. Shoulder that somewhat could give me calmness for a half second when he caught me, preventing me from falling when I bumped into him.

 

"Are you ok?" The second I heard that voice, I felt that voice seems so familiar.

 

I could only stay in shock when I looked at the face of the owner of the voice. He looked so good-looking as if his facial features were sculpted. His nose, his eyes, his lips is perfect. I know he is handsome, but looking at him in such a short distance will increase the visual effect of it.

 

"Hey." His sweet voice brought me back to reality, and the moment I got my soul back I bowed myself into 90 degree. Of course, he is our big sunbae!

 

"I'm so sorry, sunbae-nim!" I glanced at his direction to find he was smiling to me, the stranger who bumped quite hard into him.

 

"It's ok." He said."You in hurry?"

 

"Ani... I was separated from my group mate and just now I just want to go to find them." That was the reason I had.

 

The clock hung on the wall remained me to find our waiting room before manager oppa got worry about me. We need to do preparation before our comeback stage.

 

"Ah, sorry sunbae-nim, I need to go back now." With a flash bowing, I ran back to our waiting room, leaving him alone there.

****

After finishing my make-up, I left our waiting room again. There's plenty of time before our performance, so Gyuri unnie ask me to bring some of our CD and give it to our sunbae and greet them. It's a must for rookie to show their respect to sunbae.

 

I went alone, since our stylish unnie still doing the makeup preparation on the other. I didn't mind, since I like going around and meet many people.

 

I kept walking around the building until I found the back of person I know, Hyunjoong oppa.

 

"Oppa!!" He looked at my direction when my loud voices reach his ear.

 

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Should it be the question I ask him instead he asked me? Hahahaha

 

"We have promotion today. Oppa?"

 

"Ah... I just passed by, so I come and visit. Youngsaeng, Kyujong and Hyungjun are here, remember?" I knew it. Three oppa were there for their single. "But what are you doing here alone?"

 

I shoved several CD I brought. "I want to greet our sunbae."

 

"Oh... Hey, you can go with oppa. I'll introduce you to my friend." Oppa smiled brightly. It's not a bad idea that was what I thought that time. I'd never known that would bring me to him.

 

"OK." I followed him. As usual, oppa and I were talking about lot of things, and after few minutes we stopped in front of one waiting room. I looked at the name tag on the door.

 

Dong Bang Shin Ki

 

Oppa knocked the door and opened it after hearing the answer from inside. I followed him from behind.

 

"Annyeong!"

 

"Hyunjoong hyung!" The maknae of the group, Changmin sunbae, greeted oppa.

 

Oppa looked so happy when we entered the room. I remembered that they greeted each other happily with that kind of gangsta greeting. Hahahaha

 

I was busy observing their interaction until I found that someone was looking at my direction. It's him. When our eyes meet, he didn't even bother to avoid my eyes.

 

He smiled.

 

His smile was gentle. His eyes were beautiful and absorbing. All about him was pretty. Yes, pretty that was the only word I can describe for him.

 

"Ah, let me introduce you guys." I was back to reality when Hyunjoong oppa pulled my hand. "She is my dongsaeng, KARA's Nicole."

 

"Anyeong haseo, sunbae-nim. I'm Jung Nicole. Please take care of me." I bowed 90 degree to them, not forget to put my best smile on my face.

 

"This is our latest single." I handed our CD to their leader, Yunho sunbae.

 

"Ah, you are in the same group with Gyuri right?" I looked at the owner of the beautiful voice and I found it was Junsu sunbae. I remembered Gyuri unnie told me, when she was still SM trainee she was quite close with Junsu sunbae.

 

"Nee."

 

"You know who is who rite, Cole?" Hyunjoong oppa asked me.

 

"Of course I do." I replied him enthusiastically. "I'm their fan."

 

"Nicole... You're from abroad?" Yoochun sunbae asked me in English.

 

"Yes, I was born and grew in LA." We conversed in English, leaving the rest looked at us with confused expression.

 

I was happy that I'm able to speak in English. It's been a while since the time I talked with some English speaker. Yoochun sunbae was nice to me too. He was a sweet guy.

 

"Hey hey hey, stop talking in language we don't understand." Yunho sunbae interrupted our conversation jokingly.

 

"Mianhe, sunbae-nim." I said.

 

"No no, it’s not your fault. It's this guy fault who started the conversation first." Sunbae-nim playfully hit his band mate, making us laugh because of Yoochun sunbae expression.

 

While the other was busy playing with Yoochun sunbae, he walked to my direction.

 

"So you called Nicole. Remember me? I'm the one you bumped into earlier." He said, standing in front of me.

 

"Nee sunbae-nim. I'm so sorry for it." I bowed a little. Chuckle escaped from his lips.

 

"It's alright." He later extended his hand. "You said you know who I am, but let me introduce myself properly."

 

I looked at the man in front of me.

 

"Kim Jaejoong inmida."

 

I gladly grabbed his hand.

 

"Jung Nicole inmida. Please take care of me, sunbae-nim!"

 

It was our first encounter.

 

The first time I know him as a person, not as a star.

 

-END-

 

AN: Yippie~ Finally I posted the first chapter of FIRST! ^^ Yep yep yep~ It will be another Heronic story from me! Heronic fanfic is quite rare here in aff, so I decided to make one! XD 

It's kind of collection of one-shot story of every FIRST things happen between them. Each chapter won't be related one to the another, but with the story going on it will show the development of the relationship between Cole and Jae. 

Like it? No? Show me what you think about this story, so I can improve it for the next chapter~ ^0^

And happy reading~ ^3^