Right Thing To Do

I Think I Have Fallen For You

"So... Tomorrow is the day, huh? How do you feel about that?" says Jessica, Tiffany's cousin.

Tiffany drinks her ice coffee. "Ne, finally. I don't feel anything, actually. Just nervous, but excited at the same time"

Taeyeon, her closest friend, does not say anything. She just stays quiet, and focusing on her cake. But Jessica, that girl just can not stop talking. She's kinda annoying sometimes, but her friends can not hate her. I think they love that annoying Jessica.

"I saw his photo already" she continues. "I think he's really handsome. But... He's kinda cold, emotionless"

Tiffany nods. She already heard about that. She already knew that her fiance is such an emotionless person. But, she does not mind, at all. She just wants to create the bond between her family and his family, through business cooperation. And she also wants to forget about that person, who broke her heart.

"You know what? I think this is not a good idea" Taeyeon finally speaks up. "I mean, as a grown-up woman, you should decide your future husband by your ownself. And not because of your parents' decision. You know what i mean?"

"But Taeng, she can't do anything about this. You know that, too. What do you expect her to do?" Jessica disagrees. Sometimes, she just can not believe what her bestfriend's think. Taeyeon often speaks out of her mind.

"Well, maybe you can talk about this to your parents, try to make them understand that you are a human, you have feelings. You're not a stupid robot who they can control everytime. You are the only child, Fany. I think they will understand"

Jessica is fed up. "Are you serious, Taeng? Should we talk about this at the time like this? Tomorrow, Fany will meet her future husband. You're being ridiculous. Don't try to stop her. She knows what she's doing. Fany knows that this is the right decision"

"Why are you yelling at me? I am just telling my opinion" Taeyeon feels annoyed. "I'm not trying to do anything, but i just think that her decision is such a wrong one"

"Guys, stop arguing!" Tiffany yells. She is confused right now, she does not know what to do. She really hates if Taeyeon and Jessica fight with each other. "Taeng, you don't have to worry about me, i know what i'm doing, okay? And Jess, please lower down your voice. And please, stop arguing with each other. I don't like that"

"Fine, if you really think that this is a good idea, i can't say anything. It's up to you. I should go back to my office. So, bye" Taeyeon gets up of her chair, and walks out the cafe. But, her friends definitely know that she feels sooo annoyed.

Jessica holds her cousin's hand. "Don't listen to her, okay? You know she's such a paranoid. You know what you're doing. You're a pretty, kind woman. You're doing just fine. Keep doing what you think is best for you"

Tiffany smiles, and she nods. "Thank you, Jessica"

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I go to my bedroom and close the door. I lay down on my bed, and close my eyes. I know that Taeyeon said the right thing. I should have talked to my parents about this. But... I have to agree with their decision. Because, i really love them, and my family really support me. I could not make them disappointed. And, i don't have someone that i love, after all. So, i don't mind at all about this arranged marriage. I know that it's not just about business, but ever since my heart got broken, i closed my heart for anyone. So, i guess that my parents arranged this because they really care about me. I am very thankful for that.

But, i have to admit that Taeyeon was right. I am not a stupid robot who will do anything that my parents ask me to do. But, Jessica was also right. I can't do anything about this. My fate has been decided. All i can do right now is just obey them, and do what they ask me to do. , isn't it? If you guys were me, what would you do?

People say that i am such a lucky girl. I am beautiful, rich, lovable, and kind. They keep telling me how lucky i am. I just smile to them, and they even compliment my smile. But, deep down inside, i feel so insecure, for my whole life. I just think that they all are such liars. They compliment me in front of my eyes, but they talk trash about me whenever i'm not around them. What kind of people are they? And my ex boyfriend... Is just one of them.