The Truth

I Think I Have Fallen For You

Seunghyun's POV

 

 

"I am sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to hang up the call that coldly. But, i was very busy. I hope you will forgive me" says Tiffany, with a guilty face. Right now, we are at a cafe. Well, just enjoying coffees, and cakes.

I take a sip of my black coffee. "You don't have to apologize, you know? I didn't expect you to always accompany me. Even though you are going to be my wife, but i perfectly understand that you also have your own business. So, just take it easy"

She looks at me, smiling. Luckily, it's just a normal smile. Not a wide smile, or even her eye smile, which i (hate to admit it) like. It does not mean that i like her, it's just that everytime i see her eye smile, i feel at ease. You know what i mean? Her smile is just so sincere and innocent. It feels like she is the happiest person in the entire world or whatsoever. I look at her, giving her a smile. I don't even understand why i am smiling at her. I am a cold guy, smiling is definitely a rare thing for me to do. But, everytime i am with her, i don't know myself anymore. Holy crap.

She looks at me again. But, right now she isn't smiling. She puts up a serious looking face. "O-oppa, can i ask you something?" To be honest, it's kinda weird for her to call me oppa. But, i kinda like it, so i don't mind.

"Of course. What is it?" I ask her.

She looks uncomfortable. What is wrong with her today? She is not cheerful, she is not talkative. Who is this girl in front of me? She is deinitely not the Tiffany that i know. "Uhm... Do you know a girl named Im Yoona?"

I can feel a lightning strikes into my body. What did she just ask me? Im Yoona? Why did Tiffany ask me about her? Does she know that girl? "Ye-yeah" I stutter. "Wha-what about her? Do you know her?"

Tiffany nods, makes me feel like... Urgh, i can't even describe my feeling like now. All i want to do right now is just swearing. Oh, and talking trash. "I met up with her yesterday. We were uhm... Having coffees(?) So, when you called me yesterday, i told you that i was busy. Actually, i was busy talking to her" explains Tiffany.

Great. God, kill me. Now! "So.. What kind of relationship that you have with her?" . Why did i ask her that? That question just made this thing even worse.

"It's supposed to be my question for you, right?" she asks. God, help me. I am sorry if i am not praying to you lately, but i hope this time you would like to help me. "You see... I've known her for so long. I've known her ever since junior high. But after we graduated high school, we.. Never met with each other again. She was gone, just like that. She was gone from my life without even dared to say anything. So, i was surprised when i met her yesterday and she told me that you are her boyfriend. So, i would like to ask you about the truth. Are you really her boyfriend? Because when we were still in high school, she was famous because of her lying skill"

"I was" I answer her question without any hesitations. I am not lying to her. I WAS her boyfriend, but i dumped her already. You guys remember that moment, right? "But, i guess it was not official. Even though i took her for dates, romantic dinner. But actually all i wanted to do with her was just " I stop for a while. I can see Tiffany's eyes got widened. Of course, she must be shock for knowing that her fiance is just some kind of players. "I'm sorry for telling you this. But i had so many girlfriends before, but after i had with them, i dumped them. Sometimes, i gave money to them. Well, just to say that i was thankful"

"Do you... Have a girlfriend right now?" asks Tiffany. Her face suddenly becomes pale.

I can not say anything, so i am just shaking my head. And hoping that at least she would believe me.

Tiffany stands up from her chair all of a sudden. I am shocked a little bit because of her sudden action. She looks at me. "Then, make me your girlfriend"

I frowned. I laugh, awkwardly. "What are you saying? You have already became my fiance. Fany, you are my fiance. We are going to get married soon, i don't need to be your boyfriend, right? You're talking nonsense"

"I am serious" she says, with that serious looking face, again. She looks deep into my eyes. "I know that i am talking nonsense right now. But, if we really want to get married with each other, we have to know more about our future partner, right? So, take me as your girlfriend. Take me to dates, romantic dinner, whatever, and don't break up with me after we have . Oh, i don't want to have before marriage. So, you should be patient about that" She grabs her bag, and starts walking out the cafe. She opens the door, but she comes back to me. "And please try to love me, Seunghyun oppa. And if you don't want to smile, don't push yourself. I know that your smiles aren't the sincere one" Then, she leaves.

I am stoned. My eyes are wide open. She knows all this time that i have fake smiles. What? So, she has been pretending in front of me? She seemed really nice and did not care about my feelings, but she actually did care. She knew that my smiles were all fakes. No, not all of them. Sometimes, i smiled sincerely to her. God, my feeling feels so strange. My heart beats uncontrollable. I take a sip of my coffee, and smile. The most sincere smile in my entire life. "I like you, Fany" I mumble.

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I go inside my car. I begin to start the engine, but i realise that my tears are falling down. I thought that he was a nice guy. I thought that he was a cold-hearted guy who didn't care about women. But it turns out that he is just one of those jerks. Taeng was right. I should have listened to her. I should have turned down this marriage arrangement. Now what? Everything has happened. I don't have a time machine to make me go back in time. All i can do right now is just regretting this. Regretting everything. But, it's too late. This is the path that i've chosen. I have decided to marry him, and there's nothing i can do to change this.

Knock knock

I hear a knock on my car's window. It's him. What is he doing? I open the door and let him in. I am trying my best to wipe my tears. He sits beside me. I can feel my body is trembling right now. I can not see him at a time like this. But, why doesn't he say anything? Silence. I take a very deep breath, and i ask him. "What do you want?"

"I am sorry" he says. Oh my God, a cold-hearted cocky guy named Choi Seunghyun just said sorry to me. Is this a dream? Because if this is a dream, i will try my best not to wake up. "I actually did not want you to know about the real me. But, you met Yoona already. So, i guessed i should tell you. I was a player. I dated women just so i could sleep with them. But, Yoona was my last. I dumped her right before i met you. So, she was lying to you about her being my girlfriend" he stops talking for a moment. Then, he continues, "I slept with them, but to be honest, i did not feel anything"

"So, you didn't love them?" I ask him.

He nods. "I've never loved anyone beside my mother. I even dislike my father. But, i have to obey him even though i don't want to. Because, i am the only heir in my family's company. That's why i agreed with this marriage arrangement thing. Now you know the real me, Tiffany Hwang. I am an extremely bad guy. You should run for your lives now" He chuckles. But, like always, he pushes himself. I hold his hands tight. I don't even know what i am doing. I should hate him, but...

"Your not a bad guy, oppa" I say to him, still holding his hands. "I've never thought of you as a bad guy. Because, even though you're cocky, cold, arrogant, all i can see is just loneliness. You're lonely, that's all. Your parents are very busy working, they don't have time for you. You're also the only child. That's why you're so passionate about owning the company someday, because you feel like there's nothing else for you to do, and because you feel the emptyness inside your heart. Because you're lonely.. Trust me, you're actually a very nice person. You're just afraid to open your heart, because you don't want people that you love make you feel lonely again"

Seunghyun oppa just stays quiet. I let go off my hands. What if he's mad at me? I said too much. "Uhm.. So-sorry oppa" I say, stuttering. I am scared. "I didn't mean to.."

I haven't finished my sentence yet, because he.. Hugs me. Seunghyun oppa hugs me! "O-oppa? Are you okay?" I ask him. I feel extremely worried right now.

"Thank you, Fany" he says, still hugging me.