Getting Closer

I Think I Have Fallen For You

Tiffany wakes up with such a happy feeling. She can't even describe it. She opens the curtains. "What a sunny day" she mumbles. She looks at the clock, 8.30 am. She takes a bath, and after she changes her clothes, she goes to the kitchen. She is hungry, extremely hungry. So, she opens the refrigerator and decides to make a grilled cheese sandwich. After a while, the sandwich has finally cooked. She puts it on the plate, and brings it to the dining room. She puts the plate on the dining table. She pours some milk, and starts to eat her breakfast.

She is half-American, so she prefers American foods rather than traditional Korean foods. Even though her parents' house is so big, Tiffany decided to live in the apartment alone. She needs a privacy. She is eating her breakfast seriously, when suddenly, she gets a text. She grabs her cellphone, and opens the text. Oh, it's from Taeyeon.

Kim Taeyeon : Where are you, Fany? Can you meet me? I am at our usual cafe, please come

Tiffany looks a little bit confused. It looks so important. What happens? She has no idea, so she replies:

Tiffany Hwang : Sure, be there in a few minutes

She drives her car fast. She really wants to know what happens. Finally, she arrives at the cafe. She opens the door, and looks for her best friend. Taeyeon waves her hand when she sees Tiffany. Tiffany smiles, and goes to Taeyeon's table. "Hi" she says, and sits right in front of Taeyeon.

"Hi" Taeyeon replies, with a smile. "Do you want to order something?"

Tiffany shakes her head. "No, I already had a breakfast. What do you want to talk about?"

Taeyeon takes a sip of her white coffee. She looks at Tiffany. That girl looks so pretty today.  "You look good today. Wanna go somewhere?"

"Huh? Oh, ani.." Tiffany is blushing. She can't stop smiling. "Well, actually... I made a promise to have lunch with Seunghyun-ssi today. So, i think that i have to look good. I want to impress him, hehe" she laughs.

"Oh, that guy? Your fiance?" asks Taeyeon, without any expressions on her face. "How about last night? Anything went fine?"

Tiffany nods. "Yeah, everything was fine. That cold-hearted guy, he actually pretty nice to me. He's kind, and a gentleman. Thank God i met him"

Taeyeon looks shocked. "Wait, what? So... you feel happy about marrying him? Fany, he's a stranger, remember? You can't trust him that easily. Remember what Siwon-ssi did to you. You can't just trust that guy. What if he lied to you? What if.."

"Stop it, Taeng!" Tiffany yells at Taeyeon. "I don't want to hear anything. I don't need your opinion, okay? I am an adult now, i know what i'm doing. I know that Seunghyun-ssi is a nice guy. He's totally different. He is not like Siwon. I believe in Seunghyun-ssi. I have to, because he's going to be my husband soon. Thank you for your concerns, but i don't need it" Tiffany stands up, and goes out. She leaves Taeyeon alone.

Taeyeon sighs. "I hope he is really a nice guy. I can't see her got her heart broken, again"

 

 

Seunghyun's POV

 

 

I am working on our company's project. I am making a letter for New York and London company. I hope that they would like to do some business cooperation with my family's company. I look at the clock, it's already past 12. Where is that girl? Is she late again? God, what is wrong with that girl? She's such a... "Whatever". Or, maybe something happens to her. So, she can not come. Well, i don't really care. It's much better. I won't have to fake a smile, and i can concentrate on my work. I hear a knock on my door. "Come in"

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

"Come in" I hear his voice. So, i open the door and just come in. I look at him. Uh-oh, he looks busy. "He-hello. Sorry for disturbing" I bow at him.

He looks at me. God, i am sooo nervous. "That's okay. You don't disturb me"

I let out a sigh. Thank goodness. "You look busy. Is it fine to have a lunch with me?"

He nods, and he stands up. "It's fine. Let's go" Wa-wait a second... he grabs my hand. Oh my freaking God, is this really happening? He pulls my hand, but i don't want to let go off his hand, so i just follow him to his car. I can feel my heart, it's beating so fast. And i am blushing. Crap, relax...

All the way, we don't speak. I can't say anything. I look at him, he's driving so seriously, with a straight face. Finally, we arrive at a fancy restaurant. I guess he only likes luxurious foods. We go inside, sit on our chairs, and order some foods. Nobody is talking. Okay, Stephanie Hwang, you have to break this silence! "Mm.. how are you?" Seriously, stupid? What kind of question is that? Argghh

 

 

Seunghyun's POV

 

 

"How are you?" God, what kind of question is that? We've been together for almost an hour now, and she asked me that? I really don't know what this girl's thinking. I take a deep breath, and pretend to smile.

"Fine, and how about you?" See? I am very good in acting. I even ask her back. I think i am being an extremely nice guy right now. Our foods finally arrived. After the waiter leaves, she looks at me.

"I am fine as well" She answers, then she drinks her orange juice. "I'm sorry, Seunghyun-ssi. I don't know why i asked you that question. I just feel nervous all of a sudden. Can we talk about something else?"

"Sure" I answer her. She looks relieved. This girl is weird. Then, she starts to talk about her hobbies, her favourite color which is pink, her favourite movies, and so many more. She asks me about general things, like blood type, birth date, favourite things. I answer her and trying to be nice, even though i am extremely bored.

After we finish our foods, i pay the bills and i want to take her home. She agrees. And all the way, we don't talk much. After we arrive at her apartment, she bows at me. "Thank you for driving me home, Seunghyun-ssi. Are you going to go back to the company?"

I just nod. She gives me her eye-smile. God, not that please. "Okay then. Work hard, Seunghyun-ssi. Thanks again" Then, she walks to her apartment's front door.

I call her. "Tiffany!"

She comes to me. "Yes? What is it, Seunghyun-ssi?"

"You can call me oppa from now on"