The Answer

I Think I Have Fallen For You

Author's POV

 

 

"I love you" finally, Seunghyun says it. His feeling that he kept deep down inside. He finally realises that he loves his fiance, he loves Tiffany, and only her. He wants to be a perfect husband for her, he wants to take care of her, he wants to have children with her. For the first time in his entire life, Seunghyun admits that he loves another girl besides Mrs. Choi. But, who cares about that? Tiffany is going to be Mrs. Choi soon, right? Seunghyun would try his best to treasure her, like the way he treasures his beloved mother.

 
Tiffany is spacing out. What did she just hear? A confession? She got confessions a lot in her life, but this one is different. It is a confession from Seunghyun. Choi Senghyun said that he loves her. Is she dreaming right now? Please, let her back to reality. "Wha-what..?"
 
"Come on, seriously? Do you ask me to say that again?" Seunghyun asks, he feels like he can not say that again. It is too embarrassing for him. He is even blushing right now. He can not believe that he just confessed to Tiffany. He can not believe it. That was too absurd. At least, that is what he is thinking.
 
"N-no.. I-i mean.." Tiffany stutters. "Did you mean it? Do you... Really love me?"
 
Seunghyun can not say that he loves her, AGAIN. So, he just nods. "Yeah, of course i did. Why should i lie to you?"
 
Tiffany chuckles. "I thought that you said that because you really wanted me to help you reach your goal. It is your objective, remember?"
 
Seunghyun feels stabbed in the back. How could Tiffany say that? Did she really think like that? Does she think that he is just using her? Well, it was his objective, at first. But now... "Why did you say that? Am i that low in your eyes?"
 
"I think i am the low one. Because you don't respect me. So, i think that..."
 
Seunghyun cuts her explanation. "How could you say that? I don't respect you? What was that supposed to mean? Okay, i admit that at first i didn't really like you. You're too nice and too noisy. I could not handle that at first. But, i was trying my best to listen to you, i was trying my best to act nice in front of you. And you have to know, Missy. I always respect you. Well, i am trying to always respect you" Seunghyun tries to explain everything to Tiffany.
 
"How about now?" Tiffany asks, in a low voice. "Are you still trying to listen to me, act nice in front of me, and... Trying to respect me?"
 
Seunghyun shakes his head. "No, i am not trying anymore. Because right now, it is my pleasure to hear your voice. It makes me happy everytime i am being nice towards you. And i am not trying to respect you anymore, because.. I respect you, and i promise that i will treasure you, as my wife" says Seunghyun. He feels like he just proposed to her. It feels kinda embarrassing, but he does not care. He wants her to know how he feels toward her. He wants Tiffany sees his sincerity.
 
Tiffany just stays quiet. To be honest, she does not know how to respond to what Seunghyun just said. She feels numb. She can not feel anything anymore. She just wants to hug him, that's all. She does not want to do anything, or say anything. She just wants to hug him, kiss him, and marry him. She wants to build a family with him. She wants that. Being Mrs. Choi Seunghyun is the thing that she wants the most.
 
"Why don't you say anything?" Seunghyun asks, while looking right into Tiffany's eyes. "It's so cheesy, i know. I just wanted to tell you how i really feel about you. You don't have to respond to that, just say something. Anything is fine, please just say something"
 
"Do you want to go to Han River, oppa?" she asks, while showing her famous eye-smile.
 
 
 
 
Seunghyun's POV
 
 
 
 
Tiffany and i are sitting on the grass. Han River is right in front of us. It is dark already, the stars are shining so brightly. It is so romantic, sitting under the bright stars. What am i thinking? I look at Tiffany, she is sitting beside me. She smiles, while looking at the Han River. Well, she always smiles, it doesn't surprise me. I don't know... Since when do i feel so happy whenever i look at her? Since when do i love her smile so much? I don't know.. I don't know anything.
 
"Oppa, how did you feel when you hooked up with Taeyeon?" she suddenly asks me. Why is she asking me about that? Does she want to ruin this romantic moment?
 
"Why did you ask about that? Ask about something else" She can ruin my good mood because of her one question.
 
"I just want to know, oppa. Please, tell me" . Did she just use her aegyo? Damn, she is too cute. I have no other options, i have to answer her question.
 
"I didn't feel anything. I was drunk at that time" I answer to her question.
 
"Oh, i see.." she says. She stretches her hands and let out a sigh. "So.. You were drunk"
 
"Please don't be mad at me" I say to her. I am just afraid that she would mad at me and she is going to avoid me again. I don't want that. I felt lonely when she avoided me. I need her. I want her to always be by my side.
 
Tiffany shakes her head. "Ani.. I am not mad at you" she smiles at me. "It's just that... Nobody has ever told me that you were drunk when you hooked up with her"
 
"I don't think it's necessary" I say to her, in confusion. Why should i tell her about that?
 
"Of course it is necessary. Did she drunk too?" she asks me again.
 
I just nod. God, can't we just talk about something else? Like, our future life, maybe? Or, anything. Yeah, anything but this kind of topic.
 
"Seriously?" she asks in disbelief. "That means, you were not the only one to blame, oppa"
 
I am confused right now. "What do you mean? It was clearly my fault"
 
She shakes her head and raises her voice. "If you both drunk at that time, that means you weren't intended to do 'that'. You both drunk, right? You guys were hooked up because you both drunk and you didn't know what you guys doing. It was not because you wanted it. You didn't do that on purpose. Am i right?"
 
"Yeah, you're right. I didn't do that on purpose. We did that because we both drunk. You're right. So i am not the only one to blame" Yeah, Tiffany is right. It was not entirely my fault. It was Taeyeon's fault as well.
 
"It's Taeyeon's fault as well, oppa" she tells me. I was just thinking about that. Is she a mind reader or something?
 
I smile at her, a sincere smile. I don't want to fake a smile in front of her again. "Yeah, maybe it was her fault, too. But, just let it go, okay? It was clearly my baby that she carried in her belly. So, don't blame her. She was the one who suffered the most"
 
Tiffany looks at me. She caresses my back. "Being a girl is not easy, oppa" she says, while caressing my back. "It's such a tough job to take care of ourselves. A guy can do anything to a girl, and he would gain something. But, a girl, instead of gain something she would lose something that is very important to her. That's why i hate guys. They treat girls badly. They do whatever they want to the girls, without even considering how girls would feel"
 
I look at Tiffany deeply. She had a very good speech. Even though she is childish and noisy, but she can be a very wise girl. A good mother figure. She will be a great wife, and a very amazing mother. How could i dislike her? I was such a dumb.
 
"Oppa. Are you listening?" she asks me. Her eyes are wide open.
 
I nod. "But, you don't hate me" that's all i can say. I am too mesmerized by her.
 
She laughs. "Of course i don't hate you, oppa"
 
I hold her hands and i look deep into her eyes. "Then... Do you love me?" It takes courage for Choi Seunghyun to ask that to a girl. I swallow my saliva and i lean my body closer to her. "I ask you once again, Fany" I caress her cheek. "Do you... Love me?"
 
"I am going to marry you, oppa. I am going to be your wife" she says. Yeah, i already know about that. Just answer me. I can die because of nervousness. She holds my hands and she gives me a very weak smile. "But.. I'm sorry, oppa. I can't love you" Then, she stands up and she runs away. She leaves me just like that.
 
I can feel my world is tumbling down.