Ridiculous Partner

Love of My Life

No One POV:

 

After long argue, they decide to went to Cheonjiyeon waterfall. The place seems so great and more challenging because to reach the place, they should pass a lot of rough path, such as forest, cliff, wooden bridge and other natural challenges.

 

(Author note : honestly, I didn’t know about Cheonjiyeon waterfall. I never going there, I was just Imagine all of thing :p so, let's  imagine thing together with me )

 

Yoona and Kyuhyun go far enough already, but like their agreements, there’s not much interaction between them. Kyuhyun walk far ahead with high spirit. Smile drawn clearly on his face. he had always wants adventure like this.

And Yoona tried to catch his step as fast as she can. Yoona speed up her pace, panting hard. With the heavy bag on her back and the uphill road, it is not easy fora girl to through it. Even for Yoona with her famous ‘Him’, she’s still a girl after all.

She follows Kyuhyun’s, her step purposely pounding hard against the road. Yoona wants to show her frustration. She even mumbling a lot of words just to try to pissed Kyu.

“Rude”

“Cruel”

“Heartless”

“Not a man”

“Selfish”

And Kyu stop his own step Immediately when he can’t bear the bad words coming from Yoona anymore.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked, frowning.

“Nothing. Just being amazed.” She said sarcastic while stop walking and put down her bag. “Uuuurrrggghhh!! So Heavy!!” she cringe.

“Amaze?”

“Yea. Amaze by your cold hearted. How can you walk ahead alone without being concern to a girl who walked behind you with her super heavy bag and this stupid rough way.” She pointed to the rocky footpaths beneath her.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Ow..come on Yoona. You’re the one who bring up that challenge things.”

“I know. I was just surprise that you didn’t help me at all.”

“What did you expected? I’m a man with a word.” He smirked. “And you’re the one who’s not keep the promise. You’re asking my help.”

“I’m not.”

“You’re planning to do that anyways.”

“No. I’m just asking for your concern.”

“It’s the same.”

“Fine!” She stands up and pick up her bag again. “I’ll never ask your help ever again.”

“Keep your words missy.”

“Just you watch Cho Kyuhyun!! Just you watch!!” She walked, leaving Kyuhyun. Looks like Kyu’s sharp words success bring back her energy, the girl burn with anger.

And Kyuhyun laugh hard behind her.

 

Seriously, Yoona was the only girl that succeed bring up various feeling inside him. Happy, annoyed, confused, worried, excited and everything else. He doesn’t really mean all the words he said before. He just loved to tease Yoona. Actually, he didn’t stop worried about her along the way. He purposely slowed his pace so she didn’t distress chasing his stride. So she is not left behind. If he didn’t help Yoona, it was because his pride was far too big. He can’t swallow back his own words easily.

 

Well, not this early - he thought.

 

 

 

After a few minutes, the road became more difficult to pass. There was climbed uphill with just small space to walked, the stones scattered all over the road more and more, and the branches of trees and shrubs also inhibit the way.

 

Kyuhyun still walked behind Yoona, he did it on a purposed, so he can watch over the girl.

When he sees Yoona got tired, he thinks that he should do something.

 

“Tired, aren’t we?” He asked.

“No.” That was short as an answer. Looks like her anger still hasn’t cooling down.

“Eemmm… I think glass of water would be awesome for this tired and hot day. Don’t you think so Yoona?”

“Hmm.” Still as a short answer.

He like teasing Yoona, but the most Important thing right now is to save the girl from her stubbornness.

He sighed deeply. She clearly looks exhausted and had no energy anymore, but she forced herself.

 

Kyuhyun has a rival for his pride.

He had pitied her. So he will not give up so easily.

 

“Look at the big tree in front of us.” He pointed to the large tree with thick and shady leaves. The tree looks sturdy and got large root, so that some them surface the soil. “It was perfect for us to rest. Uuummm…” He’s still trying to surface Yoona.

But the girl kept silent.

“Come on Yoona, looks like you’re too tired to walk. Let’s take a rest.” He stopped his step once again.

“What are you talking about. I’m not that tired.” She denying. But he didn’t buy it. He knows that Yoona was lying.

With her pale face, her rainy sweat and her heavy breath, it was clear that she’s tired. Extremely tired.

For the umpteenth time, he sighed.

 

Just how freakin stubborn this girl can be?

 

He thinks so hard, racked his brain to find the solution. What should he do to make Yoona give up on her stubbornness. He understood that if he shows mercy, the girl will reject his good intensions for sure.

But Kyuhyun born with a brilliant brain, so this is just a simple matter for him.

 

If her pride was too big, let pretend that I’m the one who tired.” – he thought.

 

It’s surprising for Kyuhyun to give in his pride. But his concern for Yoona was bigger, defeating all his feeling right now.  That’s why.

“But Yoona, I can’t walk anymore. Please give me a break.” He said, pleading. Pretend so weak.

 

And GOTCHA!!

 

Yoona stop walking. Turned around and giving Kyuhyun a concern looks.

“Are you?”

“Neh. Please?” he pleaded once again.

 

Well, this is absolutely not Kyuhyun.

 

“Eemmm… ok then. Let we take a rest here.” She sit down on the spot that Kyu pointed before. She leaned back on the big tree. Look up at the sky and take a deep long breath. Then a slight smile appeared on her lips.

The smile brought a chuckled to Kyuhyun.

 

“if she is really tired, why bothering to be strong? She’s just a child sometime.” – he thought while smiled widely. He feel relieved when look at Yoona. Finally, she’s willing to do what he wants.

 

Kyuhyun walk approaching Yoona and sit right beside her. When Yoona spot grin on his face, she frowned.

“What with that smiling face?” she asked. Narrowing her eyes.

“What with whose face?”

“You!! Cho Kyuhyun! Why are you smiling?”

“Why I can’t?”

“You can. It’s just… like you’re making fun of me.”

“Aish!! Im Yoona… you always think bad about me, didn’t you?”

“Correct!”

“I’m not always that cruel. I can be so kind and I have a soft heart too.” He smiled and playfully winked at Yoona.

“UUuurrrgghh!! Gross!! Stop it!!.” She rolled her eyes.

And the boy laugh so hard after that.

 

She’s cute – he thought.

 

She’s now look at her bag, that was when the idea came in.

Perfect time for food. – she thought as she open her bag and pull out a sandwich, sweet potato, grilled sausage with spicy sauce and a big bottle of coke. With wide grin on her face, she start with big gulp of coke, then she began eat the delicious food one by one. She forgot to someone beside her who looked at her action whole time with droll dripping out his mouth.

 

Wow!! All of that was my favorite foods.

 

“Seem so delicious.” He said. His eyes still focusing on Yoona’s food.

“Yulpcs!! Sco flikin nyummy.” It’s hard to understand when she talked with full of food.

“Mind to share with me?” again. The second pleading from the mighty Kyuhyun today. It was shocking.

“No.”

 

Yoona will share the food with anyone? Of course it’s a big “NO” as a answer.

 

“But I’m hungry.” He look at Yoona with a puppy eyes.

“You have your own food.”

“I’m not.”

“You must prepare something to eat, did you?”

“Yea … just some plain dried bread and water.”

“Then eat that.”

“I want your food Yoona.”

“And I don’t want to share it with you Kyuhyun.”

“You meanie..” he pouted.

“And you must be lying.”

“Who’s lying?”

“You.Cho Kyuhyun!!”

“What am I lying about?” He frowned. He feels like he didn’t lie at all.

“I can see that your bag is full. You must be hiding your food. You asking my food now and later when I have no food anymore, you’ll eat your food yourself. You can’t fool me Cho Kyuhyun!”

 

And his jaw dropped Immediately. “She thinks like that about me? Seriously? I’m not that sly for God’s sake?! Gosh!!” – He thought disbelieved.

 

“OMG!! Can you please stop thinking bad about me? I’m not that horrible.”

 

Yoona bit her bottom lips. She feel regret for thinking like that. She had no proof after all.

 

Kyuhyun began to open his bag. He pull out the things inside his bag one by one. He showing all of that to Yoona to proof that he’s not hiding anything. “See!” he pointed to the stuff.“ I really don’t have anything besides this".

Yoona is silent. She was wrong. And Kyuhyun not lying. In his bag, it’s full because he bring all necessity. There was a flashlight, knife, first aid kit, a fishing  pole, etc.

“This is all I need to survive at the wild nature like this.” he let out a heavy sighed. Then, he look at Yoona’s bag. “Don’t tell me that you didn’t bring any of it?”

“I didn’t.” She shake her head slightly.

And he widen his eyes.

 

Seriously?

 

“What was inside your bag then?”

“ Food and drinks.” She mumbled while bowing her head.

“WHAT?!”

“Foods.”Her voice even like a whispered right now. She feels ashamed when she just thinking about food and nothing else.

“Where do you think you’re going? For a picnic?” he said frustrated.

“But I never had adventures like this before. It was my first time. How I supposed to know which stuff should I bring and not?”

“You can ask me.”

“But we can’t help each other, don’t you remember that? It’s a challenge. How can I asked my rival?”

“Oo yea … that stupid challenge.” He rolled his eyes.

 

They were silent for a couple of time. It was stupid challenge after all. Kyuhyun was right. Fought over something ridiculous. They were aware of that. But when both thinking of the challenge, both laugh so hard in the same time.

“We are ridiculous, aren’t we?” He wipe his tears in the corner of his eyes. He laughed too hard.

“Completely.” She answer while trying to steadying her breath.

 

They laugh for some second and ended with looking at each other. Smiling to each other.

“Hey … you can have my food.” Yoona say while still smiling sweetly.

“No. I’m okay.” He said. But his sight was completely drifted to bunch of food in front of Yoona.

Once Yoona mention the food, he remember again about something that dominated his mind a minutes ago. The food. The delicious food. The appealing food. The fresh coke … the uuurrgghhh!!

 

It’s so nyummy …

 

While thinking of how delicious Yoona’s food was, without realize, his stomach growling loudly.

 

Uuuupppss!

 

“You’re okay. But your stomach is not, it’s calling for my food.” She giggled.

“Well, I can’t help it. “ he laugh a bit while rubbing his back neck. His face blushing.

“Come on… you can have some.”

“It’s really okay?” he asked.

Yoona smile sweetly while poring her coke to the two empty glasses. She handed one of her glass to Kyu. “of course it’s okay”

Yoona bring her glass up, saying: “For my ridiculous partner”

Hearing her words, smirk suddenly touched Kyu’s face. Kyu also bring up his glass. “For my ridiculous partner!!”

 

Cliing!!

 

 

 

 

 

⩪⩪⩪ ᴥ ⩪⩪⩪

 

 

 

The journey went smoothly after that. Forget the stupid challenge things. Everything was better for both of them if they’re together. They need each other. But still, they teased and made fun to each other.

Time fly so fast and they didn’t realize it  was noon already.

When Kyuhyun hearing the sound of the waterfall clearly, he jumped happily.

“OMG Yoona!! Don’t you hear that?” He asked excited.

“Hear what?”

“The sound! The waterfall!.”

“OMG!! Did we near the place already?” Her eyes grew wider.

“Yes!! Come on.” He walked faster.

“Kyuhyun wait!! Wait for me! Wait!!!” She shouted loudly while trying to catch Kyu’s pace.

The boy stop walked Immediately when he see how wonderful is the view in front of him.

 

The cheonjiyeon waterfall.

He see it in awe.

The waterfall was awesome. The water fallsdown from really high cliff with a heavy flowing. There Yangtze that looks so spacious and deep. The water was so clear so we can see the base with a lot fish swimming calmly. A small rainbow form a transparent gradient and quite captivating.

“It was beautiful.” He said while smiling and then screaming loudly, “Yoona Look!! We did it!! That was Cheonjiyeon!!” he runs faster when he notice the waterfall.

“Oh really?!” She said running excitedly.

“Hey!! You don’t need to run!!” He shouted.

“OMG!! I need to get there fast!! OMG!! OMG!!” Kyuhyun watch Yoona from her spot. He realize that Yoona runs without seeing her own step. She’s rushing. The path still hard to walk, there were still a lot of sharp stone and something for sure the road is an uphill, it was still hard to pass. Kyu tried to warn her when he see..

 

 

BRUAAAKK!! PRAK!! PRAAAAKK!! BUUUGGHH!!

 

“YOONAAA!!” Kyuhyun scream while put down his bag. He runs approaching Yoona.

Yoona was slipped on a stone. She’s fall and her body rolled down the street. She’s stopped when she hit a large rock.

 

“YOONA!!” Kyuhyun finally capable to reach the girl. He was terrible. He was worried to the dead. He hold both of Yoona’s arm, shake it slightly while calling her name couple of time.

 

“Yoona?! Are you okay? Tell me that you’re okay? Yoona?!”

But the girl still closed her eyes. That was get Kyu’s nerved even more.

 

Please God!! Don’t let something bad happen to her – He pray.

 

“Yoona… please wake up. Please open your eyes. Please” he pleaded, still holding her arm tightly.

Tears were nearly fell from his eyes when he notice Yoona cringe in pain and open her eyes slowly.

 

“Oh Thanks God!!” He sighed in relief.

“I – I’m okay.” She slowly sit her body up. Kyu help her to sit.

 

Once she’s on sitting position, her sight went to Kyu’s pale face. He still worried. His sweat fell hardly.

She chuckled.

And he’s frowned. Is there anything funny?

“You’re funny with that scared face” her chuckled getting louder.

“THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!” He shouted. His expression looks serious. The grip on her arm getting tight. “It’s not funny at all..” he repeated the words with less louder.

When Yoona notice the serious face, she feels guilty. It’s not something that she can pull as a joke. Completely not.

“I was worried. I’m really afraid if something bad will happen to you. What if___”

“Sshhh…” She’s grab Kyu’s hand. Caressed it slightly. “I’m sorry.” She said.

“No. I’m sorry for yelling at you.”

“It’s fine.”

“Tell me, where’s hurt? Did you get injured? Show me..”

 

O yeah..she just fell before. She was in pain but forgot the pain for a moment when see Kyu so worried at her.

 

“It’s my ankle. Feels sore.” She pointed to her left ankle.

“Let me see.” He said while clean the dust on her jeans.

Yoona’s jeans was torn in several part. When Kyu notice some red spot on Yoona’s jeans, he’s gasped.

“You’re bleeding.”

“Oh.. I didn’t realize it.”

“I should check it closely.” He said as he pull out his knife and ripped the lower part of her jeans.

 

It’s terrible.

 

Kyu bit his lower lips. It’s bad.

He scan her carefully, her ankle bleeding. Some of her calf cut deeply, maybe because of the sharp stones. And she got so much bruise.

 

How could this girl can be still so calm with this really bad wound? – He thought.

 

“You’ve really bad wound.”

“I’m okay. It’s not really bad.”

And Kyu smile at her.

 

She’s strong girl.

 

“Can you stand?” He asked. Offering his hand.

“I’ll try.” She try to stand but can’t since her ankle badly wounded.

“Don’t force yourself.

Kyu kneeled in front of her. His back facing her.

“Come. Jump on my back. I’ll carry you.” He said.

“No. I’m fine. I__”

“You’re not fine Yoona. Come on.” He said.

 

She hesitated at first, but doing what Kyuhyun’s said in the end. There’s no other Choice.

Yoona jump on Kyu’s back. Her hand gripping Kyu’s shoulders. And the boy hold both of Yoona’s thigh.

When Yoona pressed her chest on Kyu’s back and circled her hand around him, the old sensation that Kyu want to erased from his mind were back.

His heart going crazy once again.

 

OMG! Not now heart!! Not now! !! – He curse himself.

Please God, Don’t let Yoona notice it. Please.

 

 

 

⩪⩪⩪ ᴥ ⩪⩪⩪

 

 

 

 

They arrived at Cheonjiyeon waterfall. Yoona watch the waterfall with mouth wide open and sparkling eyes. She feels so happy. She’s so amazed with the view.

“You were right, it’s so amazing.” Her eyes locked at the rainbow. “OMG!! So wonderful.”

Her eyes drifted to the clear water. The fish looks so calm, swimming right here and there happily.

“I want to swim” she said excitedly, try to stand up but fall again. “Ouch!”

“Pabo!!” he said, flicking her forehead. “You’re hurt, don’t you remember?” he sighed.

“O yeah.” She giggled.

“Pabo.” He smiled while bring the first aid’s box to Yoona. He kneeled in front of her. “Let me treat your wound first.” He put some alcohol on cotton and tried to clean Yoona’s wound slowly.

“Ouch!!” she said.

“Hold for a moment , your wound need to be cleaned first” he said while continue tapping the cotton on Yoona’s ankle.

She just silent and staring, as Kyuhyun treating her wound nicely, putting a bandage surrounding her ankle. She feels guilty. Terrible guilty. This is her fault, - at least she feels like that. And because of her, Kyu need to carry her and take care of her. She feels like she’s being a burden for him.

“I’m sorry Kyu.” She said. Eyes looking at her ankle.

“Huh?” he looking up. Catching her gloomy expression.

“I’m so sorry. Because of me, you can’t enjoy your vacation. I’m become a burden right now, I__”

“Hey.” He smiling. “Who say I’m not enjoying my vacation. I’m happy.”

“Are you?”

“Honestly, I’m glad you’re here with me. It’s getting interesting, isn’t? I must be bored to death if I’m alone right now. Thank you.” His eyes were sparkled. His smile looks genuine.

“No. thanks to you. I was enjoying all of this. so much better than a beach I guess.”

“Yeah..this place was wonderful.” He look at the waterfall.

He really want to swim right now. He bit his lips while looking at the waterfall.

 

It must be really fun to swim. Playing with water – He thought.

 

And he didn’t know that Yoona watch him all the time. Including his expression. She notice it.

 

“You can go swim if you want.” she said, reading his mind.

“I can’t leave you here.”

“It’s not far. You can always monitoring me from there. The harm is done already.”

“Are you really okay with that?”

 

She look at the waterfall. She’s also want to feel the water. Playing with it.

 

“I’m okay. But honestly, if I can, I want to play with you. It must be fun.” She pouted.

Kyu’s smile wider. “You can. But you need to stay on the edge. Playing with water or something.”

“Oh really?” her doe eyes getting bigger. She clapped her hand happily like a child.

“Yes.” He chuckled seeing Yoona so happy. “What about fishing? I have fishing pole. Sound great, isn’t?”

“Sound amazing.” Her eyes sparkled even more.

 

Kyu carry her in a bridal style. He chuckled when spot Yoona’s blushing face.

“I didn’t know that the famous Im Yoona can be this shy.” He giggled.

“Shut up Kyu!”

Kyuhyun got slapped in his arm.

“Meanie!! You don’t need to slap me!”

“It’s normal for a girl to getting shy.”

“O yeah, I forgot you’re a girl.” His laugh getting louder.

“Damn you.” She pouted, looking away.

 

Kyu drop her body carefully so she can sit above the big rock. He bring the fishing’s necessity and setting up everything so Yoona feels comfortably there.  He also bring some snack and drink.

He began stripping his shirt and going swimming.

They play together happily. Yoona screaming in joy when she’s success catch the fish. Kyu also helped her to get some fish. They had fun but still made fun of each other, Kyu splashed some water to her when he’s pissed and Yoona laugh her alligator laugh. Every time the girl smile or laugh, it bring joy and happiness to him. Weird feeling but he’s kind of enjoying all the new things in his heart. He like it.

 

 

 

 

⩪⩪⩪ ᴥ ⩪⩪⩪

 

 

 

Night’s come and they decide to make a campfire. They roasting the fish that they catches successfully before. Eat and shared stories together, their eyes locked perfectly at the scenery.

 

The cheonjiyeon waterfall at night is beautiful. The moon light reflected off of water, created  a contrast and colorful colors on the cliff wall. The water was so clear and glowing with particle.

The atmosphere was is so quiet and they both fell silent, drowned deeply enjoying the night.

 

“I love being here, It feels so calm.” Yoona said, broke the silent.

“Yea. You were right. I don’t want to back to the town. The work is so tiring.”

“Hu’um… but we can’t. for Elf and SONE’s sake.” She smiled when remembered fans and the stage.

“yea. I was frustrated with the tight schedule, but I love my fans. I love singing.”

“I can see that. You love sing and you have amazing voice.”

“You like it?” he asked excitedly.

“So much. You had a voice who can hypnotize everyone. It’s have blue aura whenever you sing.”

“Don’t tell me that you’re one of my big fans.” He said proudly.

“No way. I was just admiring your voice.” She rolled her eyes.

“Ow come on. Admit it. I can give you my autograph for free if you want.” Now he’s titling his face to Yoona’s, giving a seducing wink.

“Dream on pabo!!” she laughed.

 

Then there it this. The fluttering feelings filling his inner again whenever this girl laughing. He didn’t know the reason. One thing for sure, this is the first time that he willing to make someone happy, he want to stop the time so he can memorize this moment longer.

 

The First Time

 

“Yoong.” He called.

“Neh?” she tried to calm herself. He laughed so hard till tears came out from the corner of her eyes.

“Forgive me for all this time.” He said seriously.

“Sorry for what?”

“I was so rude to you before. I’m sorry.”

“Hey … it’s okay. I was the same. But honestly, I like to tease you. Your angry face is funny.” she smiling.

“Hey missy … look at the mirror. Your annoyed face is funnier than me.” He smiled back.

“Hahahahaa… no way.” She laughed a little then being serious again. “Then everything is fine Kyu.”

“Would you..” he stop his words. He’s confused to continue to talked or not. Yoona look at him, waiting. “would you like to be my friends?” he said uncertainly.

 

Smile fell suddenly on Yoona’s face. She’s smiling seeing Kyu so hesitated for a simple matter. He seriously was so cute sometime.

 

“You were my friend all this time Kyu. Don’t need to ask.”

“We don’t really get along well. Always fight and argue. But honestly, you’re the only girl I feel comfortable with,” his eyes penetrated Yoona’s eyes. He want to show that he mean every single words he said.

They locked to each other eyes for a second.

Yoona is smiling so sweetly. She also feels comfortable with Kyuhyun and she knows that Kyu was serious with all he said.

Yoona stretched out her hand towards Kyuhyun. “Instead of friend, I think best friend sound better”.

And Kyuhyun welcomes Yoona’s hand happily. “Best friend.” They shake each other hand.

 

 

 

Best Friend

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys, forgive me for not updating this story for such a long time. Really long time.

I was busy lately and honestly, I was broken heart when I know that Yoona dating seunggi. And one more thing that makes my heart broke even more is the reality that one by one of my favorite author decide to stop writing fanfic. It’s broke my heart and my spirit to write. Especially for yoonhae’s author, why they should stop writing such an amazing story.

 

 

But guys, did you still here with me?