Dilemma

Untitled

Yoona POV

I woke up and packed my things to go back to Vegas.

I miss Jessica. I haven’t seen her for a few days but I already miss her so much.

I remember my conversation with Yuri that night.

 

“I’m going back to Korea this weekend. My parents are going to have some time off, so I have to help them manage the company.”

I smiled. “They are going to hand it over to you eventually anyway.”

She sighed. “I know. I’m not sure I’m ready for it though.”

“Same goes to me.” I responded her.

“You want to come with me?” She looked at me hopeful.

“Not really. I’ll pass for now.”

“You can bring Jessica with you, if you have to” She grinned.

“After what you told me about Fany?” I frowned.

“Well, everything is fair in love and war. You love Fany as a best friend and she knows that. She has to face it. We cannot force others feeling on us. We can only control ourselves.”

I face-palmed myself.  “Wise Yul. It’s so not you. Stop it.”

She pouted. “Oh well, we will be waiting for your return. You will have to sooner or later. I just hope it wouldn’t be the latter.”

 

I closed my eyes. Part of me wanted to go to Korea and visit Fany, to make sure she is okay. Part of me battling that I don’t feel like it’s time to face my parents yet.

My sister ran away when I was 15. She said that she doesn’t want to be a puppet. She wants to chase her dream. Last I heard she was in Africa doing god knows what.

I have my dreams too.

I want to continue taking pictures, capturing moments and show people how beautiful the world can be.

I like to take Jessica’s photos nowadays. It’s like capturing memories and like watching snapshots of our life. I’ve collected the photos and put it inside the special box contained our memories together.

I love her. I love Jessica. I love my Sooyeon. I wouldn’t stop saying it, nor feel tired of it. I just can’t get enough of her. She is the spice in my life.

Now that I have found out about Fany’s feeling for me, I don’t know what I should do.

I can’t just leave Jessica here and go to settle my unfinished business.

Also, I can’t just face Fany and pretend everything is OK, when I know that she’s not okay at all. Moreover, all of that was because of me. Tiffany deserves happiness and now I’m the one who stole that away from her years ago. If Yuri hadn’t told me I could probably hurt her more unknowingly.

The thought about Fany makes me sad.

Then I remember Jessica.

Love of my life.

I smiled at the thought of her gestures, movements, and her beauty.

Should I go to Korea to visit Fany with her?

I arrive at our apartment. It was a little late.

I was almost midnight. I went to drink at the bar across the street before I walked back home. I just needed to put my mind at ease and not to make things more complicated.

I hate complicated.

I entered the door password. When I opened the door, there I saw Jessica standing in front of me.

I was surprised, a pleasant one at that.

 

“Hi.” I greeted, smiling like a dummy. “You still awake”

 

She on the other hand was pouting the whole time. I kissed her and pushed her away from the door.

She kissed back. I then pulled back. “Are you going to keep pouting all night?” I hold her shoulders with both of my hands.

“You stopped.” She said without looking at me.

“Stopped what? Oh… The kiss?” I laughed at her reaction.

“You have gone too long.”

“Sorry, it’s just a few days, and I thought you were busy with work. How was the surgery?” I remember she ha a surgery the day I went to Chicago.

“It went well.” She smiled.

 

She always has this side of her, that she always smile or cry when we talk about her patient.

“There is no reaction from the heart transplant, we should observe more but if everything goes well, he will stay with the new heart and he can start doing more activities.” She continued her story then walked inside the living room.

I followed her and threw myself on the couch first before I pulled her to drop on my lap. Our eyes met. I smiled at her.

She chuckled.

 

“My doctor is very gorgeous.” I admit.

 

Her ears got redden.

“I love my walking camera.” She mumbled.

“I’m a camera now?” I giggled.

“Yea. You captured my every move with your eyes, no?”

“Not all. I haven’t see you in your operating room, and isn’t it more like Video recorder?”

“I prefer camera. Camera has recorder too. You just don’t use it. And you cannot be inside my operating room, missy.” She sticked out her tongue on me.

“hmm.. How about the observation room when you operate?” I hugged her waist tighter.

“No! I’ll be nervous.” She blushed. “And I don’t want to cut the wrong side of the body.

“hahaha .. Alright. I won’t” I gave her a peck on her pouted lips.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It has been a month after Yuri told me that she was going back to Korea.

I haven’t heard her since.

I was spacing out when I feel a pinch on my cheek.

I turned my head to see that it was Jessica.

 

“I have been waiting for you around... 2 hours, and I got a pinch?” I looked at my watch, lifted my eyebrow.

She grinned. She took a seat beside me on the park bench.

 

“I’m sorry, we got called for urgent meeting with all surgeons to update on our patients condition.” She explained the leaned her head on my shoulder.

“It’s okay. Waiting for Sooyeon is always fun. I could think about what kind of face she would make when she got here.”

“So, why this park?” She asked while intertwining our hands.

“Nothing. Just want to have a normal date. We have been busy with our job. Our date usually will be taken either at home or your hospital. It’s not healthy”

 

I pulled my hand from hers and moved my arm to wrap it around her shoulder. I pulled her closer and tighten the embrace.

 

“Hey Yoong”

“hm?”

“Are you happy with me?”

I moved my body to look at her. “What kind of question is that? Of course I do. Are you?”

“Very. Never had I thought being in love could feel this great. It feels like a fairytale.”

“Let the fairytale last then.” I smiled at her.

She leaned back on my shoulder.

 

“You know Yoong, there was this saying that ‘a happy ending is an ending that hasn’t end yet.’ “

I caress her arm “It doesn’t have to end. When it meant to be, it meant to be.”

 

I hugged her tighter.

 

“Would you want to meet my parents?” she suddenly asked.

I pulled back a little to look at her face. “Do you think it’s a good idea? I mean, parents expect you to find a guy and get married, with cute grandchildren and live happily ever after.”

She chuckled. “it’ll be fine. They’re rather an open minded. Plus, I think they would want me to be happy.” She gave her eye smile to me.

 

I was melting.

 

“It’s not too fast though, right?” She then frowned.

“Of course not. I just have to settle things first before I could introduce you to mine though.”

“I will wait.” She kissed my cheek.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking with some nurses when my phone rang. I told them to wait and answered the phone.

“Hello.”

“Yoong.”

“Who is this? Yuri?”

“Yea. Are you alone or with Jessica”

 

I gave the nurses a cue that I have to take this and they excused themselves.

 

“Alone now. What’s wrong? Haven’t heard from you in ages.”

“Well, I’m fine. I didn’t want to contact you because Fany threaten me that she will hurt me bad and tell my parents what I have done in US, but things got different now.”

“Okay. What is it?”

“Tiffany got into accident. She is okayish for now. Her head got injured pretty bad though, doctors need to check of anything went wrong, and they can’t give any assurance.”

I couldn’t say anything. I was shocked. I froze.

“Yoong. You still there?”

“Y-yea.” I tried to answer her, stuttering.

“Do you think you will be able to come back here for Fany? Feel free to bring Jessica. I just want her to see you, if anything that’s not in our favour happens.”

“I understand. I’m sorry, but I have to go now, Yul. I will call you later.”

 

I hung up the phone.

I couldn’t think straight.

Then I remember Jessica.

She was still in the operating room.

I wrote a message and left it on her desk.

 

I pleaded the doctor to allow me seeing her inside the operating room from the observation deck. I went inside and there I saw the angel of my life. She was concentrating stitching up the heart. She was asking for suction, scissors and whatnot. She looked beautiful still in those clothes.

I have an amazing girlfriend.

I memorize every move, every motion she made.

I decided that I have to face the music. I have to go back to Korea, confront my parents and visit Fany.

For me and Jessica’s future, I have to make peace with my past.

 

“I will be back, Princess”

 

 

============================ to be continued ============================

 

 

 

A/N : Hello readers =)

 

Another short chapter~~~ 

So, I know how we love on the lovey dovey and this and that on Yoonsic, I love Yoonsic.. they are my bias but, 

 

The story must go on... There has to be spices here and there, and so there goes the drama (almost)..

 

Hope you still enjoy the story and follow where the story goes~  ^^

 

I'm trying to update often, cause I'm sad when I read other stories on cliffhanger.

 

but thats the joy in it sometimes tho :p

 

neeways, enought of me rambling

 

Happy reading :D

 

P.S: thank you for the support and comments.  and the pat on my back annaxd167 :D, I will try to do better.