Space

Rebound Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong sat on a chair in the dining room after drinking a glass of milk. He couldn't sleep. The scene of Yunho kissing Tiffany kept on replaying in his mind. He wanted to think that it was not true.

What's wrong with him? He was just trying his best to make everyone happy. He did everything his dad expected him. Siwon wants him to become a role model, wanted him to take over the company when he retires. He was to be perfect, that's why he obeyed without a question, to not make them disappointed, but in just one night... All the things he sacrificed and worked so hard for was torn into pieces.

He got pregnant without a husband. He saw in his dad's eyes how disappointed he was, how mad he was on what happened to him. The Jaejoong he saw in those orbs was the real him – a failure.

He wanted his dad to be happy, not like this. He was so stupid. All his life he did what people wanted him to do. He became their expectation that he has already forgotten what he really wanted in his life, what he really wanted to do. The way he would like to be treated, how much he longed to do something else.

All his life he was just a puppet of people he needed to please. Then, just when he finally found his happiness, which was Yunho, he was cheated. Yunho still chose the girl who hurt him and threw him away, the one who was always there beside him. He thought, doesn’t he also deserve to be happy? 

"Jaejoong-ah." Heechul called softly to his son when he saw his son sobbing on the dining table. Jaejoong quickly wiped his tears away and forced a smile for his mother.

"Eomma." Jaejoong tenderly whispered back and Heechul sat beside him.

Heechul placed his hand on Jae’s shoulder, then patted his back then asked, "what's wrong?"

"I'm so tired, eomma... I always need to watch out, be mindful of everything. It’s… tiring.” He sighed, his mother’s touch made him want to curl and sleep his sorrows away. He was really so exhausted of everything.

Jae continued to pour his pains while his mother patiently listened. “Why do I always need to make everyone happy? Why do I need to be perfect in front of everyone even though I'm falling apart... eomma, I don't know who this Jaejoong is anymore... I don't know him anymore." Jaejoong confessed.

"Is that really how you see yourself now?" Heechul looked at his son worriedly. "Baby, you don’t need to be perfect in front of everyone, you don't need to be a role model for them or whatsoever. Do what you really want.

“No one is stopping you to be happy. You could be happy if you want, try loving yourself more. You first,” he said pointing at Jaejoong’s chest. “Before you love others.” Heechul advised hoping that it would help his son on his problems.

 

===

 

"Haven’t I already told you that if you need something just ask Gayoon?" Yunho said when he saw Tiffany standing in his office.

"I just wanted to say sorry for what I did." Tiffany answered back before Yunho could fully dismiss her.

"Just please, Tiffany, the damage has been done.” Yunho said ignoring her and walking straight to his table, reading papers set on the surface.

"I will fix it. I will do everything to fix what I broke." Tiffany begged, knowing very well that she was the reason why Yunho and Jaejoong had come to that.

"Just leave now." Yunho said without looking and Tiffany had no choice but to leave.

 

===

 

The day after the break up, Jaejoong met with Changmin, Junsu, and Hyuna to tell them about what happened. He knew it would make him feel better and that he should tell his friends everything. They were right, and if only he listened, he wouldn’t be in that situation.

"I’m only a Rebound." Jaejoong tearfully confessed as they sat on their favorite spot in Food Monster.

Hyuna looked at his friend worriedly. "Jaejoong ..."

"I should have had printed this article." Jaejoong showed them the website that they were all familiar with. "It could’ve saved me… reminding me of reality... look? Four out of six of this happened. You guys were right, I’m only a rebound." Jaejoong said hurtfully. Neither Changmin nor Junsu knew what to do.

"I'm sorry." Hyuna frowned, comforting Jae. "These were all my fault." she continued. "If I didn't support you with him, this wouldn’t have happened."

"You don't need to blame yourself, Hyuna." Jaejoong said. "It's me who made the mistake."

"No one should be blamed in this, Jaejoong. You’re both stupid to enter that kind of relationship without thinking of what could happen." Changmin debated logically.

"Yes indeed, I’m stupid... I wouldn’t be pregnant if I’m not stupid, right?" Jaejoong sobbed stunning his friends in shock after blurting out his condition. How wouldn't they be when he said it unexpectedly?

Before anyone could react, "P-pregnant?" Tiffany's voice echoed from the back. Everyone turned around to look at the intruder.

Jaejoong’s eyes widened after seeing her. Different thoughts raced inside his head. He was suddenly scared that she would tell Yunho about his pregnancy, scared that Tiffany would help Yunho have custody over the child. The sight of her evoked different emotions on Jaejoong and none of them were nice.

Changmin stood up and looked at Tiffany as if he’s going to kill her, totally forgetting about the pregnancy issue that they were talking about. “What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to explain everything to Jaejoong." Tiffany looked directly at Changmin wishing he’d see her sincerity.

Jaejoong glared at her, obviously not inclined to hear out the person who ruined everything for him. "I've seen enough."

"I kissed him but he didn't kiss me back." Tiffany blurted out. She needed to explain everything to Jaejoong.

"It doesn't matter." Jaejoong stubbornly answered.

"I kissed him thinking that I might be able to take him back."

"We broke up, you got him back... I don't need any explanations anymore, Tiffany." Jaejoong wanted to slap her, chase her out of his sight, but he couldn't. He didn't want to make a scen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter