First Fight

Rebound Relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Thank you 178 subscribers and to the 9 people who upvoted my story. Here's is the update :)) ENJOY!

 

 

Jaejoong looked paler and thinner than before. Even Heechul noticed it and told him to rest, scolding him for being a workaholic like his dad, but Jaejoong was also as stubborn as his dad was. He never listens.

Although he was so busy, he miraculously always has time to call and meet his boyfriend, Yunho. But sometimes things changes, right? After Tiffany came back to the scene, Yunho changed and Jaejoong wasn’t sure he likes that.

The sweet Yunho that he knew. The one who was always there for him no matter what happens turned into someone opposite. Jaejoong felt like even their friendship was gone. Yunho no longer had his back like before.

What happened to Yunho?  Is everything falling apart? Did he need to step back for Yunho's happiness, again? How about his happiness? Does anyone care about his happiness? Why was it always he who gives happiness to others?

"Jaejoong?" Yoochun's voice echoed at his office. Since when has Yoochun been in there without him noticing it?

"Oh?" Jaejoong smiled weakly, trying hard to erase Yunho from his thoughts.

"This is a bad time, right? I'll just leave." Yoochun was about to close the door when Jaejoong called him. "Don't! Actually I think I need to have at least 10 minutes of break." Jaejoong laughed and looked at the piles of papers at his desk as if they were making him ill, when in fact they were untouched. When in fact, it was Yunho all along that he was thinking of and not work, which was bad. Jaejoong the workaholic don’t forget work.

"You're being a workaholic, you need rehab." Yoochun chuckled and sat in front of Jaejoong's table.

"So, why are you here?" Jaejoong changed the topic not wanting to discuss anything about his miserable life.

"Ah! Are you free tonight?" Yoochun nervously asked. He knew very well that Jae already has Yunho, but what was wrong in hoping for a little chance that Jae might like him back in the future?

"Umm, yes, I think I don't have any meetings or something." Jaejoong immediately answered forcefully, which Yoochun, luckily, didn’t notice.

"Have dinner with then so we can discuss about work. You know, Uncle Siwon will be glad to see us giving our all to business." Yoochun said scratching the back of his neck with an awkward laugh.

 He didn't know that lying like that was so hard. He wanted to ask Jae for a date but he also didn't want to ruin the friendship that they have. He thought that admiring Jae from far away would make him happy. That seeing his friends happy would be fine. But he was wrong. It still hurt – but still, he couldn’t stop loving him and wishing him to be happy, even if it’s in the arms of another man.

That's how much he loves Jaejoong. That was how much he was willing to suffer for the person he loves.

"Of course! We can go together. I didn't bring my car earlier so you have to drive me home." Jaejoong smiled sweetly and Yoochun almost regretted letting Jaejoong slip away from him so easily. He was jealous of Yunho for owning Jaejoong's heart.

He wished he didn’t know Jaejoong’s feeling for Yunho. It was the only thing, which held him back from confessing because he didn’t want to destroy their friendship. Yoochun didn’t want to hurt anyone even if it means hurting all by himself.

He was always there for Jaejoong when Yunho started dating Tiffany. He knew very well, even if Jaejoong was not saying anything, that the person he loves was suffering. Jaejoong might look cold and uncaring at the outside but for the people who knew him very well, that facade of a face was actually so transparent. Jaejoong was so easy to read, if only you knew his alphabet.

If only Yoochun could do something to ease those pains and carry those burdens instead of Jae, he would have done it a long time ago. He would do everything for Jaejoong, but that was all talk. There was one thing he wasn’t able to do even if Jaejoong himself asked him. The day he left for his studies in LA was the one that he really regretted the most.

Jaejoong asked him to stay. He knew Jaejoong would suffer alone… still he left and had to comfort himself by feeding his guilt with never ending calls and mail to his Jaejoong to make sure he was all right. He chuckled, 'his' Jaejoong? Jae was never and would never become his.

"What's funny?" Jaejoong asked, seeing his friend chuckle out of the blue.

"Ah! Nothing, I just remember some-" but he was interrupted with a phone call from Jaejoong’s phone.

"Wait a minute!" Jaejoong excused himself and answered it in front of Yoochun. They are friends after all and Jaejoong trusts Yoochun. "Hello?" Jaejoong answered, his face breaking into a smile after hearing his boyfriend’s voice.

"Boo?" Yunho's cheerful voice was back again making Yoochun smile in a relieved defeat. He wasn’t selfish enough to wish that Yunho and Jaejoong would break up so he could have his chance at love. Being able to see Jaejoong smile like he was doing right now was enough. He only needed to be sure that everything would be all right between them then he could peacefully resume watching from afar.

"Yunnie." Jaejoong whispered smiling.

"Eomma said she wanted to have dinner with the two of us later.” There was a bit of a strangled pause, as if the other one wanted to say something. “She started attending culinary class and wanted us to be the taste tester of the food that they cooked...” Jaejoong could already imagine Yunho smiling hesitantly on the other side. There was another pause and this time it was longer. Jae started to worry, but before he could speak –

“And I miss you." Yunho whispered, wishing that Jae heard it clearly and that he would feel how much he meant it.

"Are you free?" Yunho continued after another pause.

It took Jaejoong a while to answer. He didn’t expect those words, nor did he expect the quiet intensity to them. “O-of course,” he croaked, wondering why his throat was suddenly tight and dry.  “Of course I’m free. Tell Aunt Leeteuk thanks for inviting me.” he said looking up at the ceiling. He didn’t want to be emotional over the phone.

"Okay, I will pick you up there." Yunho smiled, relieved and secured.

"How about I just come over your office after work? Appa will be here later and you know that he still doesn't know anything about us." Jaejoong said sadly. When would Yunho meet his parents? Not that they had never met, but this time, as his boyfriend?

"I will tell my parents about us tonight." Yunho said, making Jaejoong smile. At last they no longer need to hide. Today he could openly say Yunho is his. Jaejoong didn’t realize how much it mattered to him until that time. It just seemed so important that everyone would know.

"Thank you." That’s what all Jaejoong could come up with, what more was there to say? He was so happy. The worries and the fears seemed to have gone back to their holes.

"No problem. Bye Boo." Yunho said.

"Bye, I love you." Jaejoong said and hung up the phone. Yoochun walked in front of Jaejoong, he heard everything, and he knew that it was Yunho but he would just wait until Jaejoong tells him about their relationship. Until the last time, he wanted to pretend for his friend.

"Your boyfriend?" Yoochun asked wearing his best poker face. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter