Rescue

We will find each other.

 

The two were quietly sitting on the couch in Yonghwa’s living room, Jiyeon looking at her boyfriend and Jonghyun staring down at his hands. 
“How could I forget?” Jonghyun finally said, mostly to himself and shook his head as if to scold himself. Jiyeon bit her lip and continued looking her boyfriends way. 
“You should’ve reminded me Ji” The boy said calmly and glanced at Jiyeon.  
“Are you blaming me right now?” Jiyeon snapped at her boyfriend, annoyed at the fact that he was still upset about this girl. 
“I did not say that Ji” Jonghyun continued, trying to keep his voice steady. 
“Why are you even thinking about her now? Yonghwa went after her didn’t he?” She said coldly and glared at Jonghyun. 
“Don’t be like this now, I just said that you could’ve reminded me since you were there too when we decided when and where to meet her.” Jonghyun replied, raising his voice a little. 
“And maybe if you hadn’t dragged me along to all those stores I might have remembered” Jonghyun said, looking down and shaking his head. 
“I don’t know why you’re so upset about some girl we don’t even know, seriously you’re pissing me off” Jiyeon yelled out at Jonghyun, stood up and locked herself in the bathroom. Jonghyun sighed and looked at the closed door. 
 
~
 
The rain was still falling in on the two people but Suzy couldn’t feel anything anymore. The feeling of cold was nothing that effected her anymore when she was in his arms. It was amazing that this person could make her warm by just holding her. Suzy felt how her body was responding to the hug and she pressed her body against his as he held her tighter. He was making her feel safe, for the first time in a very long time she was feeling safe. Yonghwa was holding her tightly in his arms, pressing their upper bodies close together. The two remained still for a few moments and Suzy’s tears started to become less frequent, and after a while they stopped falling. Was this real? Suzy thought to herself and breathed heavily. Was this all she needed to feel better? She smiled in her head. Thank you for saving me from myself. Suzy said in her mind but she couldn’t manage to utter the words so she just hugged the boy tighter. Yonghwa hugged her back tightly then pulled away slowly from the hug, placing his hands on both her shoulders and looked her in the eyes. 
“Do you want me to take you home?” he asked softly and rubbed her shoulders gently. Suzy couldn’t find her words so she stayed quiet. I don’t remember why I came here in the first place. She thought and bit her lip, looking down at her hands. It wasn’t until now she felt the cold of her wet body and she began to shiver. 
“I will take you to my place alright?” Yonghwa asked but didn’t wait for a reply before he put his jacket around Suzy and turned around. His place? Finally Suzy started to remember why she was here. The group project. She felt lost, like her own mind was blacking out things and she couldn’t connect anything. Somehow she felt alright though, this person felt alright. She trusted him.  
“You can trust me Suzy, get on” he said, took the girl’s hands and placed them on his shoulders, pulling her closer. Suzy held around him without really thinking and Yonghwa grabbed hold of her legs, slowly standing up and started to walk away from diamond Mall. Suzy held the boy tightly and pressed her cheek against his back as he was walking with her on the back to his apartment. She didn’t know this person and yet he was making her feel better like this. How could it be possible?  She thought to herself and closed her eyes, she held him tighter without noticing and Yonghwa smiled a little. 
You are pathetic Suzy, how can you cling onto any random guy that comes along? The voice in her head shouted at her and Suzy opened her eyes quickly, twitching slightly.
“Are you alright? Do you want me to stop? “ Yonghwa turned his face to the side to look at Suzy over his shoulder and ended up only centimetres apart from her face, Suzy blushed and looked away. Yonghwa smiled softly and turned to look at the road he was walking, relieved that the girl seemed to have gotten better. 
“Don’t think okay?” Yonghwa said quietly and continued walking. She couldn’t not think,  how could she not think? There was so many things going around Suzy’s head at the moment but she remained quiet. For some reason she was able not to care about it for a time. 
“I will take you home and you will be alright, I promise. You are a strong girl” his words felt surreal, like he was reading her mind. And fact was that Suzy was still thinking about things and the voice in her head would not stop until she heard this persons voice. Thank you, Suzy repeated in her head trying not to think as much as they were getting closer to their destination. Yonghwa’s body was warm and strong, Suzy could feel the warmth against her and she breathed slowly, she closed her eyes again and swallowed. 
Why is this person so nice to me?  She thought as her tears were revisiting her cheeks. Why would someone be nice to… me? Suzy bit her lip as she felt her tears fall down her cheeks and tried to stay quiet. 
“We’re here” Yonghwa said softly. 
“I will set you down now okay?” He turned his head to face Suzy and saw she was crying again. He released her, putting her down slowly and turned around fast. 
“Hey, don’t cry” Yonghwa said and held Suzy’s shoulders. Suzy looked down and took a breath, trying not to cry. 
“Suzy what’s the matter?” the boy sighed with a worried look on his face, squeezing her shoulders softly. Yonghwa leaned in and put his hand on her cheek, slowly wiping a tear from her cheek. Everything’s the matter Yonghwa, but you are somehow making me feel better. Suzy thought. He reached for his jacket and searched in its pocket before pulling out a light blue napkin and wiped most of the mascara off her cheeks, and her wet eyes. Suzy looked down, slightly blushing at his actions and took a deep breath finally bringing the courage to speak. 
“Th..ank.. You” Suzy managed to utter in a barely audible voice, keeping her eyes focused on the ground below her. Yonghwa heard the girl though and a small smile formed on his lips, he put his hand on Suzy’s chin and lifted it up slowly so their eyes would meet. Suzy looked Yonghwa in the eyes for the first time in a long time and she swallowed. 
“Don’t thank me, Suzy” Yonghwa nodded and let go of her face, pulling her into a soft and long hug. There is something about his touch. Something special that makes me feel like smiling, I don’t know how it is that I’m feeling better instantly when he wraps his arms around me but I don’t want it to stop. Her thoughts were interrupted by Yonghwa’s voice. This man is trying Suzy, he’s trying to make you feel better and he is succeeding. This never happened before, nobody ever cared enough to hold her in their arms when she was crying. To her it was a surprise that someone even bothered. Closing her eyes she saw everyone passing her by in the hallway of her school, ignoring the fact that Suzy was a loner, a wreck, but mostly just and innocent crying girl waiting to be comforted. 
“Suzy we will go inside now and inside, Jonghyun and Jiyeon are waiting for us, are you okay with that?” She opened her eyes again as she heard Yonghwa’s soft and calm voice caressing the words as he spoke them. Without thinking Suzy replied. 
“Yes, please I‘m cold” Suzy said, surprised at her own voice she blushed slightly. Did I just speak? the surprise was written on Yonghwa’s face as well and he chuckled softly. 
“Of course you are Suzy, I’m sorry I kept you outside for so long” He said apologetically and pulled away slowly, grabbed Suzy’s hand softly, leading the way inside the apartment building.
 
 
 ~
 
“Jiyeon come out , stop it now” Jonghyun said for the fifth time while knocking on the bathroom door, trying to get Jiyeon out. They really didn’t have time for this right now,  there was already too many things to worry about for Jonghyun to have to take his time and try to make his jealous girlfriend feel better. But what else can you do? A voice in his head said. 
You love her and she’s hurt, you need to make her feel better. The voice continued and Jonghyun bit his lip thinking about the day the two first met. She was so different then, he could almost not see that girl in her anymore. 
You are her boyfriend Jonghyun, you are responsible so it up.  
“Ji please, stop being like this” Jonghyun continued and let out a deep sigh. Even though he loved her there was a piece of him deep inside that wished for the old Jiyeon he once fell in love with to come back. Finally he tried again, his voice a bit softer this time.  
“Baby open the door.. I’m sorry” Jiyeon was clearly crying as she wasn’t saying a word. She didn’t want to seem weak in front of anyone, that’s why she would usually lock herself up when something was getting too painful for her to handle. The y Ji was actually not so mean, mostly she was also like any other girl an insecure and lonely person. 
“Baby I love you, come out and let me hug you alright?” Jonghyun knew it all, he knew that at this moment Jiyeon was trying to fix her makeup so that it wouldn’t look as if she had been crying. The lock made a sound and the bathroom door was opened slowly, jiyeon came out wearing a fake smile on her lips and gave Jonghyun a quick hug. 
“I’m fine, don’t worry” Jonghyun looked sceptically at Jiyeon but let out a sigh of relief, even though he knew she wasn’t really fine he was thankful for her way of pretending, this wasn’t the time to be fighting. 
 
~
 
Yonghwa opened the door of his apartment and stepped inside, turning around to wait for Suzy to follow him. The door of his apartment was bright brown and there was a small matching doormat just when you got inside. Suzy followed Yonghwa inside and bit her lip nervously.  It seemed like the brave words she had just spoken a few moments ago had disappeared and she was yet again a shy girl feeling misplaced. Yonghwa gave Suzy a soft smile as he took his shoes off and removed his jacket from Suzy’s shoulders, hanging it on a hook beside him. There were two other pairs of shoes close to where she was standing, roughly thrown aside as if someone had kicked them around in a rush to get outside. Suzy took her shoes off and looked at the ground. This is so embarrassing I don’t know what to say or how to act. She thought to herself as she slowly looked up to meet his brown eyes. 
“Suzy lets get you out of those clothes first, you’ll catch a cold” Yonghwa said and took her hand again before she had the time to think about his words and before she knew it he had dragged her into the living room. 
“What’s up Jiyeon?” Yonghwa said casually as he saw her sitting on the couch. Suzy smiled nervously at the girl as she felt a cold feeling in her chest. I can't act normally around these people, I'm too scared, Suzy thought to herself and swallowed and felt how was getting very dry. 
“Not much Yonghwa” jiyeon replied coldly but Yonghwa didn’t bother to wait for her reply, he had already turned to Jonghyun and shook his head at him. 
“Suzy wait here for a moment okay?” Yonghwa said and disappeared  behind one of the doors beside her. She was left alone. No. She breathed heavily and faster as she held her wet dress tightly with her hand.  
“Suzy are you okay?” She heard a voice in front of her and she looked up to see Jonghyun standing in front of her with  worry written all over his face.  She took a deep breath and nodded hesitantly. What’s with people and wondering if she’s okay today, she thought to herself.  If he cared enough he would’ve come after you Suzy. Suzy agreed with the voice in her head but smiled softly at Jonghyun.   
“Suzy I’m sorry we forgot to come meet you before,  I’m really sorry” His look was sincere and Suzy felt sad for thinking badly of the two even for a moment. Jonghyun was interrupted by Yonghwa joining them with a bag in his hand. 
“Here Suzy” Yonghwa said and held out the bag for Suzy to take it. Thank god you’re back. Suzy felt relived and took the bag smiling a thank you. 
“The bathroom is this way, and feel free to use whatever you want or something” He said and pointed to a door beside the one he had gone inside a few moments before. Suzy nodded shyly.
“Thank you Yonghwa” she said and walked to the bathroom, locking the door after her. The bathroom was bright, following the colours of bright gray and white,  with a modern bathtub and a matching sink. Suzy opened the white bag and took out the content. There was a blue towel, a white shirt, a pair of black socks and a big red sweater to wear over the shirt. Suzy started to strip out of her wet clothes and took the towel to dry herself quickly. Even her bra was soaked, Suzy sighed and took it off, putting it in the bag. She took the white shirt and looked at it. Was it his shirt? Suzy imagined him wearing it and saw herself in the mirror in front of her, realising that she was blushing though she wasn’t really sure of why she was. She put her hands on her cheeks and felt the warmth, she bit her lip. Of course it’s his shirt dumbo, did you expect it to be his mother's?  her self conscious was mocking her and Suzy frowned. She wore the shirt and started to button it, starting at the bottom and slowly finishing off at the top. She took a look at herself in the mirror and felt her wet hair against the back of her neck. She took the towel again and leaned her body forward, starting to towel dry her hair quickly. There, almost done now. She thought as she saw herself in the mirror. Suzy washed her face with soap and dried her face, blinking a few times to the mirror as she saw her body in the mirror. , you can see my s. Suzy cried in her head and slapped herself. Wear the sweater now, silly. The voice in her head suggested and Suzy was for once happy with this mocking self conscious of hers. Suzy wore the red shirt and the big socks which looked like knee highs on her and took a deep breath. You can do it…. I think. She told herself for surely the twentieth time this day and took the bag with her things and left the bathroom to join the others.
 
I'm really sorry for the late and boring update, next chapter will be better, hopefully.