Introduction

We will find each other.

 

It felt strange to watch this girl she just recently met cry, Suzy couldn’t help but feel sad too. She wrapped her arms around the crying girl and rubbed her back gently. 
 
“what’s wrong Hyuna? You can tell me.” Suzy said with a calm and soft voice trying to calm the girl down if possible. Hyuna hugged Suzy back softly before pulling away to wipe her tears. “I’m sorry Suzy,  you must think I’m weird now” Hyuna said as she was looking in her small mirror she had just pulled out from her bag. She wiped the black trails of her once perfectly applied mascara off her cheeks and smiled softly at Suzy. Suzy just looked at the girl, amazed at how quickly she could speak normally after have been devastated just a minute ago. “I don’t think you’re weird at all Hyuna” Suzy said and looked the girl in her eyes. She could tell that she didn’t want to talk about it just yet, which was understandable since they had just met. Hyuna smiled softly and put her mirror back in her backpack.  
“let’s go to our lesson Suzy” Hyuna said and grabbed her hand softly dragging her along back inside the school building.  
 
It was as if she could go from being the saddest person in the world to smile widely at everyone and act as if she’s fine in the matter of seconds. It couldn’t be healthy Suzy thought to herself as she saw Hyuna smiling and waving at some friends she met in the hallway. Then it hit her,  Hyuna was her.  It was just what she did to her parents, she tried to act as if she was fine and to be honest the only ones who will actually notice that you aren’t fine are those who take their time to listen and notice the small things. How many actually ask you how you are and expect an honest answer? It’s a matter of politeness, you don’t expect someone to tell you about how they are dying inside when you pass them by in the hallway. Suzy knew because nobody noticed her, or more correctly nobody bothered to care.  Everyone’s too busy thinking about their own lives. Suzy glanced at Hyuna as they were walking together hand in hand and thought to herself.  I will notice you Hyuna.  I promise I will. 
 
The girls entered the classroom realising everyone was already seated as they saw the teacher approaching them. Hyuna left to take her seat and Suzy was left alone facing the tall male professor. “Bae Suzy?” the man asked looking down at the slightly nervous girl in front of him. Suzy nodded quickly and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo songsengnim” the girl managed to say as she slowly straightened herself up. The teacher smiled softly and placed a hand on her shoulder. “welcome to the class Suzy” he said and turned to face the class. “Class, this is Bae Suzy. She has just transferred to our class, I expect you all to be nice to her and make her feel welcomed.  Are we clear?” He asked the students, with the last sentence being somewhat like a threat. She heard the class reply instantly after he had finished. “Yes professor” the students said in sync. The teacher pointed at the empty seat in the middle of the classroom and Suzy headed to it, quickly sinking down on her chair,  placing her bag in front of her. She took a deep breath.  Finally. 
 
She didn’t talk to anyone during class since they were really disciplined,  which she really liked. She loved that she could focus on what the teacher was saying,  that way it was much easier to take part when the teacher asked question. Suzy didn’t feel shy to raise her hand when there was a question she knew the answer to. She felt like she wasn’t really being judged for trying and it felt very good. At the end of the English lesson the teacher told the class that there will be an assignment you will have to do in a group of four. he wrote the groups on the whiteboard and handed out a copy of the things they needed to do until next lesson. Suzy found her name on the whiteboard together with three other names, Park Jiyeon, Jung Yonghwa and lastly Lee Jonghyun. She froze for a moment.  
Lee Jonghyun?  It can’t be.  Am I in the same class as Lee Jonghyun?  The boy who brought me to this school? She blinked a few times in shock before looking up to see two curious faces looking at her. 
“Are you Suzy? The boy standing in front of her asked. Suzy tried to act normal as she was facing the pretty boy.  
“I’m Jonghyun,  I think we’re in this assignment together. “ he smiled then glanced at the girl beside him who was tightly holding his arm. Suzy smiled at them both thinking that she must be his girlfriend.A boy with his looks is bound to have a girlfriend Suzy.  
 
“And I’m Jiyeon” the girl smiled.  
“Nice to meet you” Suzy stood up and bowed when she heard someone laughing softly from behind her.  
“Again with the bowing?” she heard a voice from behind her chuckle. Suzy turned around to see the same smiling face she had seen outside the school this morning.  
 
“Hi Suzy,  I’m Yonghwa” The boy said, leaning in slightly then ruffled her hair. Paralysed at the sudden action she blushed hard.  Maybe because she was meeting new people and this was for sure weird for a first meeting she thought to herself as she attempted to fix her hair. Jonghyun laughed at Yonghwa’s behaviour and Jiyeon gave Yonghwa a questioning look as he passed Suzy by and  joined the two. Suzy turned around hoping for god that she wasn’t red as a tomato and gave a fake smile.
 
“Hello” was all she managed to reply to Yonghwa’s warm welcome.  
“Guys I have to go, I’ll see you later” Yonghwa said facing Jonghyun.  
“Let’s do the assignment at your place tonight hyung?” Jonghyun asked before Yonghwa wore his backpack and headed out of the classroom. 
 
“Yeap,  text me. Bye Guys” Yonghwa said and left the room without looking back again.  
Suzy stared at the door from where he just had left for a moment and thought to herself. Why did he do that? She was interrupted by Jonghyun’s voice which brought her back to reality. 
 
“Suzy do you know where Diamond mall is?” He asked calmly.  Of course she knew, Suzy practically lived there on the weekends with her friends. Before everything changed and she was left alone.  Suzy nodded a yes.  
“Well Yonghwa lives close to that mall,  but since you don’t know the way we can meet you there at 7 if that’s alright?” Jonghyun was still using a calm and kind voice,  it made Suzy feel very good and safe. He must be a good person I bet.
 
Still she felt a bit weird to be going to someone’s house without knowing them, but it was for schoolwork so she didn’t really have a choice. 
 
“Sounds good, Jonghyun. Should I bring something for the assignment?” Suzy asked politely and glanced at Jiyeon who was now pulling Jonghyun’s arm softly. 
 
“No, no we will take care of it” He smiled and nodded. 
“We have to go now Suzy, see you later” she heard Jiyeon say quickly before dragging Jonghyun away to leave. Jonghyun waved a quick bye before being dragged out of the classroom. Suzy was left standing beside her seat, she started to gather her things,  putting them back in her bag. She took a look around the room and saw Hyuna was left in the room with three other girls who were probably her group in this assignment. Before the three unknown girls left the classroom they smiled and waved at Suzy and Suzy did the same.  Hyuna took her bag and approached Suzy, smiling.  
 
“Hi again cutie” Suzy said to the girl and chuckled.  
“Let’s go” Hyuna replied and put her arm around Suzy’s shoulders.