Forgotten.

We will find each other.

 

Suzy was sitting on her bed facing the big mirror on her wall,  observing her straight, dark brown hair and expressionless face. She let out a sigh.  She had been having a lot of fun with Hyuna after class and they had laughed almost all the time. They didn’t talk about what happened during the break and Suzy didn’t ask about why she was crying. She was thinking that she probably needed to get her mind off things and the best way you do that was to eat ice cream. Yes,  Suzy loved sweets and she was determined that everything could get better if you were eating ice cream.  She knew it wasn’t true but at least she was trying to live by it. So the girls had gone for ice cream and then went home. First day of school had come to an end and she already had a bunch of homework to finish, not to mention this group assignment. Most of them were easy though, so she was almost finished. She only had some math problems to solve later before she would go to bed. Now her big problem was what to wear when she was going to meat her classmates for the assignment. She didn’t know why it was so important to her now, she was usually picky about her clothing but not this much. Maybe she was trying to impress them or something, it’s probably something like that. However all she could see left in her wardrobe was a pair of pyjamas shorts, the rest of her closet was now located on the floor in front of her. She sighed again, poking her mountain of clothes with her foot. Why are you so ugly? Suzy frowned at her clothes and kicked at them softly, before laying down on her bed and closing her eyes. She replayed the day in school and thought about all the new faces she had seen and somehow gotten to know.
 
It was an okay first day in school Suzy. She told herself and smiled at the thought of Hyuna, she’s really so sweet. She opened her eyes again and reached for her phone, seeing the time. It was already 6.30, she must’ve fallen asleep without noticing.  She hurried and changed into the first thing she found on the floor, which happened to be a blue shirt which she matched with her favourite black shorts. Before leaving she stared at her reflection one last time and told herself that it’s alright and she would be able to do this.  
 
 
The distance between Diamond Mall and her house was only 15 minutes walking distance so she knew she would be on time. She knew this road too well but this was the first time she was walking it alone. She had been avoiding all those places she knew she might see her old friends and even though it had been some time since she last saw any of them or heard from them she could feel her steps becoming more and more nervous. She was scared. She thought she would be able to go there since she had been feeling better these days and especially meeting Hyuna and talking to her had made her feel more comfortable around another person. She thought so but she could feel her body shiver. The weather was cold and cloudy and in a matter of minutes the rain started to fall on. This is it now really, . I don’t want to go. I don’t want to go. Suzy repeated in her head while moving faster towards Diamond Mall. It was like her body wasn’t listening to her. Relax Suzy, relax. A voice in her head told her but the fear was a fact now and Suzy’s tears started to fall as hard as the rain. She was running, even though she couldn’t really see anything in front of her as the rain was falling and her tears had made her eyes tired. She stopped to breathe and wipe the tears off her face. What am I doing? Suzy thought to herself as she saw the traces of makeup on her hands. 
You can’t do this, you really can’t. The voice told her as she was standing one traffic light away from Diamond mall. She slowly started to cross the street as the green man appeared once again. Why was she like this?  She thought as her tears found their way down her cheeks together with the rain drops hitting against her skin. She stood outside the mall now, soaked wet and still crying. There was nothing she could do now and she had almost forgotten why she came here when someone bumped into her and apologized. She was brought back to reality, blinking a few times and took a look on her watch, 7:15. She had surely been standing here for more than 15 minutes so they must just be late Suzy thought to herself as she finally felt the cold and started to freeze badly. 
 
~
 
“Oppa~” Jiyeon whined as she pulled Jonghyun’s arm softly and making a cute face. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and glanced at the girl.
 
“Yes Ji? He replied as they were sitting on the couch in Yonghwa’s apartment. 
“Oppa kiss me” The girl demanded and pouted slightly, closing her eyes. Jonghyun frowned and looked away. 
 
“I will kiss you when I feel like it” He said nonchalantly. 
 
“We are at hyung’s place now, Ji.” Jonghyun explained, slightly irritated. 
 
“But he’s in the shower now..” Jiyeon said seductively and caressed the boy’s cheek slowly. 
“And it’s just Yonghwa anyways.” Jiyeon said confidently and placed her lips on Jonghyun’s, kissing him slowly. Jonghyun kissed her back and placed his hand on her waist, rubbing it softly. 
 
“Guys is my house a motel?” Yonghwa said shaking his head as he walked out of the bathroom, drying his wet hair with a blue towel. The two quickly separated as they heard Yonghwa’s voice and Jonghyun cleared his throat. 
“Hey hyung, you’re done already?” Jonghyun laughed nervously. Even though the boys were the same age Jonghyun had been calling Yonghwa his hyung since they were kids. Their parents had known each other for a long time so they were like brothers, practically living together. Yonghwa would always take care of Jonghyun when they were playing or when He was sad, just like a big brother. So Jonghyun just continued the habit and he didn’t stop calling him hyung, for him Yonghwa is just like his big brother. 
 
“Yes, you know I shower quickly” Yonghwa replied and threw the towel at Jonghyun.
 
“Right. Heh.” Jonghyun chuckled and put the towel away glancing at Jiyeon who had an annoyed expression, upset because they couldn’t finish their make out session.  
 
“So, what’s this assignment about? I didn’t have time to read about it after work” Yonghwa said as he pulled out the piece of paper out of his backpack, starting to read the first lines. Jiyeon was finally able to speak again and looked at Yonghwa. 
“Basically we’re supposed to cook together, one main course and a dessert.” She said and nodded at Yonghwa who wasn’t really looking at her but still eyeing the paper.  
 
“Just that?” Yonghwa replied surprised. 
 
“That sounds pretty easy if we have you in our group” Yonghwa teased and chuckled. Everyone knew that Jiyeon couldn’t cook for a thousand years and the safest way was to keep her away from a kitchen and anything flammable. Jiyeon laughed sarcastically and glared at Jonghyun who was covering his mouth not to laugh too loudly. 
“That’s not all, then we have to write two pages about how it went and what we did, and we will take pictures of the making, all in English.” She said in a I know it all tone of way, then stuck her tongue out at Jonghyun who was still trying to calm himself. Yonghwa was used to their quarrels by now as they were basically doing the same thing every single day, for him it was normal. He took a look at the clock on the wall and ran his fingers through his hair.  
“So when is that girl Suzy coming” Yonghwa asked as he plopped on the sofa across Jonghyun and Jiyeon. Jonghyun froze and bit his lip. . he thought to himself. 
 
“What time is it hyung?” he asked slightly worried. 
 
“7:30, why?” Yonghwa replied and looked at Jonghyun. 
 
“ hyung, we were supposed to meet her in front of Diamond mall at 7” Jonghyun said with a panic in his voice and stood up.  
 
“She couldn’t be waiting still oppa, she probably went home” Jiyeon said and took Jonghyun’s hand, looking up at him. 
 
“You idiots” Yonghwa shouted at the two, wore his shoes quickly and took his jacket before running out of his apartment towards Diamond Mall. 
 
~
 
Maybe she had gotten the time wrong, Suzy thought to her self as she tried to remember the conversation earlier that day.  It was all a blur for her now though so it was no use in even trying. She started to feel bad.  Maybe they had been waiting for her and she was late, she started to think about different explanations as the rain was falling harder on her. She didn’t go inside because she was scared she might not see them as they come.  Instead her clothes were soaked and her body was shaking. She tried to warm her fingers in the pockets of her jacket but it only made them worse. She put her hands against her cheeks and closed her eyes trying to remember what time it was they were to meet but she couldn’t.  She had thought it was 7 but maybe she was wrong again. Her hands were so cold. Suzy,  they forgot about you. You aren’t important.  It happened again, why are you so surprised?  The voice in her head said as she remembered how she had spent her last birthday outside this mall. Just where she was standing now. She had invited her friends to meet outside the mall and she was going to celebrate her birthday in her favourite restaurant. She was waiting for surely more than two hours and still nobody was coming. No one replied to her calls or messages. Suzy opened her eyes again to feel her tears falling again and she remembered that this was just how she had spent her birthday.  Alone. Forgotten. Ignored. 
 
She fell to her feet and cried hard, not caring about people around her. The feeling she tried to forget so many times was back and she couldn’t stop the tears from falling. 
 
“Suzy?” A distant voice said but Suzy didn’t look up.  She knew it couldn’t be her they were calling for. Nobody would come after her. Not her. 
 
“Suzy!” The voice said again and the girl looked up this time, her eyes meeting Yonghwa’s. Suzy rubbed her eyes trying to stop herself from crying but she couldn’t. Instead she buried her face in her hands and cried without a sound. Yonghwa approached the girl and leaned down, putting a hand on her shoulder and slowly pulling her towards him, wrapping his arms around her. Suzy tried to think but when she did it only made her cry more.
 
She wanted if she could, stay in his arms forever.
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you guys like this chapter~ Please comment to make me improve.