I don't want to see

We will find each other.

"The results do not show any irregularities, and the cause of her fainting is most likely due to exhaustion." Suzy could hear the words faintly, but she still kept her eyes closed. 

"However if this keeps happening, you should come visit us again for a more thorough examination. But as it is right now, her condition isn't critical and when she wakes up and finishes her meal, you can take her home." With that, the doctor left the room and her father, finally let out a deep sigh of relief. Suzy could feel her eyes becoming watery, she had never wanted her parents to be worried about her, but during her years, she had already put them through too much pain and she felt very guilty about that. 

"Appa.." Her voice was rusky, but she had no problem in speaking anymore. Perhaps, she thought, she would have wished for something worse to have happened. She gave her father a smile as she looked at him, doing her best to take his worried expression off his face. 

"My daughter!" Her father burst out, quickly grabbing her hand before placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"My daughter is fine, thank god, thank god." He kept repeating as he touched her face, eyes filled with tears of relief and joy when she saw his daughter's bright face again. 

"Appa, did you worry a lot? I'm so sorry, I was wrong.." 

"No no, shh. Just focus on getting better hm?" She knew that she had triggered the worry in him that had slowly gotten buried after she had started her new school, and now, he was scared that she would damage herself further. 

"Suzy, how about you take some time off from school? You know me and your mother will support you no matter what happens right?" Suzy smiled, no longer able to hold back her tears when she heard him speak. It wasn't like she had been unfortunate to have non-understanding parents, it was quite the opposite, she had been lucky to have the kindest parents she could ever wish for and she was still, deep down, so unhappy. 

"You don't have to answer now, the nurse will come in with some food soon, after you eat we can go back home and you can think about it more." He quickly finished the conversation, scared that Suzy might feel too pressured. Suzy in turn, gave a small nod, waiting for the nurse. 

A few moments later, her dad received a phone call and left the room, just in time when the nurse came in with the promised food, placing the tray in front of Suzy and leaving soon after. Suzy finally took a look around the plain room, nothing on the walls besides a poster on the human anatomy and a clock. She held her spoon in her hand, scooping up some rice and putting it in . It was just as plain as the room felt and she leaned back against the pillow again, no desire to eat more. From the corner of her eye, she saw something light up, a display of some sort and when she turned to look closer she could see that it was his phone. Maybe if the display hadn't kept lighting up, she wouldn't have reached for it, perhaps she wouldn't have dug herself deeper down. 

–––

Yonghwa was mixed with all kinds of emotions, he was confused to say the least, but emotions such as worry, anger, and regret were dominating as he gradually held the wheel of his car tighter, taking deep breaths. Why did he feel so responsible, for someone he didn't even know, she was a mystery, someone who could go from 0 to 100 in a minute and change her mind like there was no tomorrow. But whenever he remembered the image of The drenched girl, looking completely lost on the street he couldn't help but to feel a pain in his stomach. He had always had a weak spot for people in need, but it would also be painful for he would want to make everyone happy, but in the end it was impossible to make it happen. Such ambitions were foolish, he thought and started his engine, driving to his girlfriend's apartment, something he should have done in the first place. 

"What are you doing here, I don't want to see you." Nana's shaky voice was heard through the door and Yonghwa let out a sigh. 

"Please baby, I'll explain hm? Open the door and let's talk." Nana couldn't be angry at someone, she didn't know how to. At its worst she would try to recreate sentences she had heard in tv-shows of couple fighting, but then she would stop and everything would be normal again. He was unsure if it would be like that this time. 

"I'm still mad at you." Her lips had formed an adorable pout when she finally opened the door for him, her arms caressed and her eyes slightly red from the crying earlier. 

"Baby, come on." He gave her a small smile before wrapping his arms around her, hugging her tightly and kissing her forehead softly. She was really thin, and as his arms were wrapped around her small frame he would feel her bones. 

"Did you eat yet? Don't tell me you skipped your meals again. You can't do this, you only study and then you forget to eat." Somehow, Yonghwa had already reversed their roles and made it seem as if she was at fault. 

"I did eat.. I had some cucumbers and carrots as a snack." She almost whispered, her voice less confident now. Yonghwa raised a brow, giving her a skeptical look before shaking his head. 

"You will never learn will you?" He pinched her cheek softly before giving the tip of her nose a gentle kiss, hands traveling down her back and finally lifting her up, causing a squeal from Nana's side before a small giggle escaped her lips as he carried her to the couch, himself taking a seat and letting her sit on his lap. 

"Let's take a selfie!" Nana exclaimed, already getting her phone ready to take a picture. She held up a v-sign and snapped a picture them both when Yonghwa was making a pretend angry face. 

"Yonghwa, come on." She whined, and he finally let out a chuckle, wrapping his arms around the girl's waist and smiling to the camera. Before she could take the fourth picture, he placed a kiss on her cheek, causing Nana to blush when she took the picture. 

"It came out really well, I'll send them to you." She said as she was already picking the best pictures and sending them in their Kakao talk chatroom. 


 

A/N: I don't know if anyone is still reading this because this update is sooooo late. But I hope at least if you stumble upon this story again, that you will enjoy this chapter. Have a great day everyone!!