Rewind my mind

We will find each other.

 

Suzy ran out of the building as fast as she could, ignoring the fact that she was tripping with each step she took, somehow it was easier to be running than to walk. The streets were empty at this time in the night, almost too empty. If something were to happen now no one would notice until the next morning. Suzy wasn't scared, at least not because she was alone. She was scared of the situation she had put herself in, what they would say about her and what would happen now. She didn't bother to wipe her tears as she was running towards a destinations she wasn't so sure of herself. Her feet were leading the way and right now she was crossing a big road without looking around for cars. She continued to run for at least 15 minutes before she stopped to look around, she lost her balance as she stopped too abruptly and fell to the ground. She was almost half and laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere. She looked up and saw trees. Crap. She thought to herself. She's run to the forrest a thought told her. She blinked a few times and tried to stand up and when she did she rubbed her eyes and looked again. She was surprised to see a completely other sight now, there weren't trees in front of her, she had fell into a bush, and not any bush. She recognized the flowers next to it. Her mother's favorites, Hwajeon flowers. She saw a tall building in front of her couldn't believe her eyes. She had run all the way back home. Suzy looked up at the starry sky and smiled softly. I suppose I'm not meant to die today, she thought to herself as she went inside the tall, building.

 

When Suzy woke up the next morning she wasn't in her bed, the surface she was laying on was hard and cold, she opened her eyes successively and rubbed them softly with her fingers. Not only was she feeling as if 100 horses had ran over her head but was as dry as sand. She needed water. Suzy looked around, feeling confused and disoriented. Small flashbacks of the previous night randomly played in her head but none of them made any sense to her. Next to her laid her purse, wide opened and with all of her belongings next to it on the clear ceramic floor. She looked up and saw a door, her apartment. She sighed, relieved that she had spent the night relatively safely but at the same time angry that she hadn't been able to take care of herself, putting her in a vulnerable state. She didn't feel like thinking about what had happened to lead her here, she knew it would only make her day worse so she got up and gathered her things in her bag again, including her keys. Her hands were shaking but she still managed to unlock the door and got inside the apartment as quietly as she could. Her parents' shoes were still in the hallway, that meant that they hadn't woken up yet, which was a relief. They knew that she would stay at Hyuna's place until late and she had told them that she might even spend the night there, her parents were mostly just happy that Suzy had gotten new friends again and that she was spending less time alone with her sad thoughts. So there wasn't much of a restraint from their parts. Suzy grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went into her room, she took some large sips and but it down, without bothering to change clothes she got inside her bed and closed her eyes, this time sleeping more comfortably.

 

~

Yonghwa panicked for a moment, remembering where his phone was. He didn't want his personal stuff to get revealed to anyone, he wouldn't even be comfortable with Jonghyun going through his phone, yet alone a girl he just recently started getting to know. He tried to tell himself that nothing bad would happen, it was just a phone and she had only forgotten to give it back to him. Somehow it had actually been his fault for being in this situation, he had crossed the line with her and he was well aware of that now. He knew he shouldn't have kissed her, he shouldn't even have thought about suzy in any other way than of a friend. It would change from now on though. He would clear everything out once they had the chance to meet again. He knew it was cruel, but it had to be done, better late than never.

 

“What about your phone? Did you lose it?” Jonghyun asked, looking around the room.

 

“Ehm” Yonghwa cleared his throat and tried to think of the best way to explain the situation.

 

“I think Suzy might have accidentally taken it with her when she left” He said in the calmest voice he could manage. Jonghyun looked at him skeptically and raised an eyebrow.

 

“How come?” He asked, hinting at something with his voice but Yonghwa was uncertain about what that thing was and did not want to speculate any further about it right now.

 

“Should I call her? Maybe she can come back and give it to you” Hyuna said and took her phone, starting to call her and Yonghwa took Jonghyun's phone before he could repeat his question. He held the number 1 speed dial, calling his own phone and waited for the signals. Jonghyun shook his head at his hyung and sat down. Yonghwa called 4 times with no answer and started to wonder what she was doing, where she was and what might have happened to her. He was getting slightly worried as he knew that she was drunk and not in her right mind. He took a deep breath and hung up the fifth time after hearing his own voice, “You have reached Yonghwa's cellphone, I can't take your call right now..” Yonghwa gave the phone back to Jonghyun and at the same moment Hyuna came back, shaking her head.

 

“She didn't pick up” Yonghwa wasn't surprised. He was tired after this long day and needed to sleep. He didn't want to think of what would happen tomorrow, he would deal with it then. Right now he just wanted to go home.

 

“Call Jonghyun when you talk to her alright? We will figure something out” Hyuna nodded and looked at Jonghyun who was starting to wear his jacket.

 

“Are you leaving?” Hyuna asked.

 

“It's getting late, I think we better” Jonghyun told her in a soft voice. The three said their goodbyes and the boys left.

 

Hyuna went to bed thinking about the strange but fun night, she hadn't paid much attention to Suzy and Yonghwa and she felt guilty for not knowing what had happened to Suzy. Thanks to Jonghyun she had been able to forget the fact that none of the other friends she had invited had turned up and even though the night hadn't ended perfectly, it was still a night she had enjoyed. She checked her phone one last time before sleeping. There were no new messages.

~

 

The second time Suzy woke up she felt a vibrating feeling against her chest. It was a tickling and familiar feeling as she usually put her phone in her bra whenever she didn't have a purse with her. In the midst of being half asleep and hungover she automatically reached for her phone and answered it with a sleepy voice without caring to open her eyes.

 

“Hello?” Suzy said and yawned softly. There was no reply.

"Helloo?" Suzy repeated, exaggerating the "o" sound. She heard someone breathing. 

“Who is this?” A female voice at the other end of the line finally asked. Suzy didn't recognize her voice.

 

“Shouldn't I be the one asking who you are?” Suzy said with a slightly annoyed tone but all she got as a reply was some heavy breathing. 

She frowned at the person calling and thought to herself that it must be yet another prank call. She rubbed her eyes and opened her eyes finally, putting the phone down and trying to see clearly. After staring at the ceiling for a while she picked up her phone again and blinked when she looked at it. This wasn't her phone. Suzy stared at the samsung phone for a while without understanding what was going on. Her mind was trying to tell her what had happened but it didn't really work. She swished her finger across the screen, easily locking it up and looked at the background picture. She tried to remember all that had happened but it was mostly black, no matter how hard she tried she couldn't seem to put the images together. She slapped herself hard and sat up in her bed looking down at the floor. But two thing were clear, the phone she was holding in her hands was not hers, it was Yonghwa's and the voice she had just spoken to wasn't just a prank call. It had been Yonghwa's girlfriend.

 

A/N: Hey everyone, thank you for reading and commenting my story. I hope you like how it's evolving and please continue to comment about what you think!! I love knowing what you think about the characters and their relationships.